GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Renoke wrote:
I'm looking into doing this build next, but I have a couple of questions. For the chest do I go for Cherrubim's or Cloak of Defiance? And which gem setups to use for Allelopathy? I've seen different setups for the build scrolling through and I'm a little confused which one to go for.

Cherrubim its more a damage option and CoD its defensive option.

The thing with allelopathy you have two options, you can selfcast blight or totem blight, if you go to the blight totem option you need to drop wither then, but if you go with selfcast blight you can combine wither totem with blight.

i personally prefer to run blight totem but its my personal preference the guide tell you to go for the selftcast blight.
I would also like to ask a question,

your (&general) opinion is to wear the belt of the deceiver when bossing

so, the useful stats is the 30% reduced crit dmg taken, to get no get critted back to twilight strand when the boss rolls a crit?
the only other useful stat seems the increased dmg taken, which SHOULD, IN MY OPINION
drop onto the massive increased dmg taken pool you stack from allophaty and wither totem, so we have like a 200%++ increased dmg taken + 10%
UNLESS its for some weird reason a more multiplier?

so isnt whipping out a 130 life ++ belt with some flask suffix stuff a much more streamlined bossing option than deceiver?
Question, is there a reason why you're not using the added chaos damage gem?
"
Vorret wrote:

According to the wiki : "The chaos damage will not be added to damage that is not part of a "hit", such as damage over time effects." PoB shows that it adds about 3k damage, which is trivial to the increased DoT from other support gems.
Hello :)

It is worth to get Method of the Madness nodes instead of Mana or no ? :)

Greetings
Another wall of text incoming!

"
ceeren22 wrote:

Hello guys, any suggest to improve? :)

Pretty much what @keygy stated, you could use Decay instead as well.

"
Vergenter wrote:

What can i upgrade?

Pierce can be changed for Poison or Decay for better single target if you feel fine with dropping the pierce effect. Empower lvl 3 is obviously optimal.
Other than that the Unset ring is a complete waste as we have such an insane mana pool you'd be much better of using properly rolled rare rings :)

"
Just wondering how to compare ED damage from the tooltip with more traditional damage builds. I ask because I'm wondering what number I should be aiming for on the tooltip for different encounters.

Currently, I'm breezing through maps up to tier 11-12 (bosses tend to be a bit slower than clear, but still are pretty reasonable).

It's almost impossible to compare as this build does chaos damage which most enemies have very little resistance against.
Basically when it comes to damage numbers the baseline idea is that Physical or Chaos damage are superior then elemental damages due to resistances & armour calculations.

An Occultist version of this build would reach much higher DMG numbers but wouldn't be as fast for example :)

"
Have a question about contagions role in this whole set up.

Does essence drain add on, or replace the contagion mechanic?

The reason i ask is that i feel like the QOL gems in contagion yield little quality. Would making contagion more powerful add on to the effect of essence drain (does it add to contagion or replace it and use contagion only to spread?)

Im just wondering if putting more dps support gems onto contagion will multiply the damage effect of essence drain when its paired or will essence drain run off its own mechanics once applied to a mob with contagion.

Hey,

Contagion adds a bit of DPS for your build as it is a seperate DoT as well. However, when a target with ED dies and is affected by Contagion, the ED dot is spread via Contagion to nearby enemies. That's how the whole "domino effect" is created for the builds clear speed :)

Though ED does TONS more damage than Contagion as it is only a mean to spread it. So we support it with increased AoE to make sure it's covering as much as possible.

"
Renoke wrote:
I'm looking into doing this build next, but I have a couple of questions. For the chest do I go for Cherrubim's or Cloak of Defiance? And which gem setups to use for Allelopathy? I've seen different setups for the build scrolling through and I'm a little confused which one to go for.

Currently, my personal preference is to use a Tabula corrupted with +1 however, not everyone prefers this so I have displayed other unique chest options and the choice is ultimately yours.
Regarding Allelopathy the suggested setup in the guide is my personal preference, if you prefer another route you should try it out imo :)

"
Steffen2265 wrote:
I would also like to ask a question,

your (&general) opinion is to wear the belt of the deceiver when bossing

so, the useful stats is the 30% reduced crit dmg taken, to get no get critted back to twilight strand when the boss rolls a crit?
the only other useful stat seems the increased dmg taken, which SHOULD, IN MY OPINION
drop onto the massive increased dmg taken pool you stack from allophaty and wither totem, so we have like a 200%++ increased dmg taken + 10%
UNLESS its for some weird reason a more multiplier?

so isnt whipping out a 130 life ++ belt with some flask suffix stuff a much more streamlined bossing option than deceiver?

Belt of the Deciever makes enemies take 10% increased damage, exactly how it's calculated I'm not 100% certain I am 95% certain however that it is similar to another 10% increased damage. Will need to confirm this though. A rare belt works wonderfully as well.

"
Vorret wrote:

It no longer scales the DoT from ED :)

"
muchii92 wrote:
Hello :)

It is worth to get Method of the Madness nodes instead of Mana or no ? :)

Greetings

Replacing mana nodes for damage is common for this build, though I would prefer to get "Whispers of Doom" north of Witch start for that sweet extra curse, and that allows you to get the "Corruption" node cluster as well if you so wish.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey Ghazzy, any chance you could add what level the gems should be leveled to? (or just let me know if i"m doing anything wrong)?

Enfeeble + blasphemy + clarity is currently reserving 1013 mana and I'm wondering if I should have not leveled something.

Similarly - shield charge at 16 is requiring a lot of strength!

I'm guessing I've screwed up somewhere and leveled gems I shouldn't have.

Cheers!
Proud Kiwi
Hey Ghazzy! How do you like my idea to use automatic casing curse with Kitava helmet? I know we sacrifece some life but profit is HUGE. I focus on 3rd curse right now, but not shure what is the best way to get it, i like bisco collar amulet so much =) Check this out https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Efed/characters
Maybe you have advice how to get 100 mana with ed without Fevered mind jewel?
@Ghazzy

what are your thoughts about the Clear Mind Cobalt Jewel?
i would have to drop clarity and the blasphemy cures in order to get the 60% spell dmg.

but i feel i have more than enough mana regen and i dont even run Grand Spectrum yet.

maybe u can enlighten me why i should need so much mana regen?

with best +DS_DV+

PS last day i traded a tabula and a corrupted +3 empower ... today i 6liked my first item ever in total with under 50 fusings o.0
now i run empower setup with ed on the Cherrubim's Maleficence Triumphant Lamellar rocks like a charm :)

casting could be a lot faster tho^^
Last edited by DS_DV on Sep 9, 2017, 11:04:35 AM
Just wanted to say i absolutely LOVE how you (ghazzy) are here answering specific questions on an old thread thats over 100 pages large. Keep it up and keep making builds, answering questions like this is a massive help towards understanding the build better.

You also seem to not care that you are probably answering the same questions over and over, which is great because its so easy to miss stuff already explained in a thread this large.

keep it up!
just for try, for see and for know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info