GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Just wanted to say i absolutely LOVE how you (ghazzy) are here answering specific questions on an old thread thats over 100 pages large. Keep it up and keep making builds, answering questions like this is a massive help towards understanding the build better.

You also seem to not care that you are probably answering the same questions over and over, which is great because its so easy to miss stuff already explained in a thread this large.

keep it up!

+1
Has anyone managed to kill Shaper or any higher level bosses with this build?
"
Woots0 wrote:
Has anyone managed to kill Shaper or any higher level bosses with this build?

I leveled this build up to 92, and let me just say that it can kill shaper, and clear all of the content in the game, but you really need to have a 21/20 ED and a lvl 4 empower. Keeping this build budget, it's much better for just general mapping.

Playing this build as LL (probably occultist instead) would be much better for shaper, but slower for mapping.
Sorry if this has been discussed, hard to sort through the 110 pages.

But I'm in a bit of a pickle with my progression. I can do the level 15 maps, but I'm starting to find the damage is really lacking in single target and even sometimes on packs if there is a + life mod in the map.

I have empower level 3 and a + 1 skill Tabula Rasa, all my DPS gems are quality 20 and are either level 19 or 20.

I was considering Death's Oath as Ghazzy notes it provides a DPS bump but I wasn't sure if that was still the case as I'm going to lose the +1 gem from the Tabula Rasa.

Problem though is I'm also starting to find myself a little squishy so also considered going the other direction for sustainability and getting the Cloak of Defiance with he mana gems. However in doing that I'd need to refund mind over matter, so my Mana pool would only soak up 10% of damage vs. 30% so not even sure this is a benefit. Currently I have about 2k unreserved mana and 5800 HP.

I was wondering if anyone has tinkered with some different gear setups and if some suggestions could be had. I see the previous poster mentioned you can clear shaper with a 21/20 Essence Drain gem and level 4 empower, what chest piece were you using and if you were using Cloak of Defiance, what did you do with the 4 skill points you got refunded?
I've been trying out this build and it's fun but I have a very noob question - I set up Cast When Damage Taken with Immortal Call but realised only now that I might not be generating Endurance Charges. What am I missing?
Hello
I am new to the game and this is my first real character.
I have cleared up to some t11/ 12 maps and did the Atziri lvl 70 thing. Atm I am finding the build pretty slow when it comes to farming t10 maps and such as often I am standing there waiting for the enemies to die slowly (it seems it did not scale well into the higher maps as I was able to go fast early on and everything just died)
This slower play style is something I would like to fix, to at least be able to bring in some of the old clear speed. Can someone look over the character and recommend some upgrades that I can pick up? I have around 100C to spend right now.
"
Reapeah wrote:
Hello
I am new to the game and this is my first real character.
I have cleared up to some t11/ 12 maps and did the Atziri lvl 70 thing. Atm I am finding the build pretty slow when it comes to farming t10 maps and such as often I am standing there waiting for the enemies to die slowly (it seems it did not scale well into the higher maps as I was able to go fast early on and everything just died)
This slower play style is something I would like to fix, to at least be able to bring in some of the old clear speed. Can someone look over the character and recommend some upgrades that I can pick up? I have around 100C to spend right now.

ed lvl 21 and empower lvl 4
Yoyo,

I would like to know if my items is ok, i woul like to equip Tabula with empower for increase my dmg. Is it a good idea ? Thx a lot ED's Cult !

"
hacktiv wrote:
Yoyo,

I would like to know if my items is ok, i woul like to equip Tabula with empower for increase my dmg. Is it a good idea ? Thx a lot ED's Cult !

I think you are going to struggle with damage as well as survivability with your gear. The HP seems a bit low on some items and you are missing some of the big damage requirements, such as an Empower (at least level 3) Gem and the + 1 gem socket implicit from a Tabula Rasa.

If you check out my gear, I would think it's more "higher end" than yours and as I noted in my post a couple before yours I'm starting to struggle. Anyway, to answer your question, yes equip the chest piece with the gem but also look at some of your other items. My DPS with the above is around 58,000 and at T15 maps it seems lacking.
"
Alzaraz wrote:
"
hacktiv wrote:
Yoyo,

I think you are going to struggle with damage as well as survivability with your gear. The HP seems a bit low on some items and you are missing some of the big damage requirements, such as an Empower (at least level 3) Gem and the + 1 gem socket implicit from a Tabula Rasa.

If you check out my gear, I would think it's more "higher end" than yours and as I noted in my post a couple before yours I'm starting to struggle. Anyway, to answer your question, yes equip the chest piece with the gem but also look at some of your other items. My DPS with the above is around 58,000 and at T15 maps it seems lacking.

Yes you right, ithink i will change some items, what items i need to change for y Alzaraz ?
And ur a lucker for ur tabula haha ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info