GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Ghazzy! Love the build, played ED in the past but only as CI.. Loving MoM though.

Was wondering thoughts on current build using Decay dagger vs a 95% BotC i have.. I have the allopathy gloves but need to optimize resists before dropping gloves.

I personally enjoy the atk speed on gloves and the dagger for shield charging. Having issues with bosses at the moment but i know i need to get 20/20 gems at least in my 5l and then get a 6l (can't afford a 2nd CoD to 6l just yet as they are 150c on HC).

Another question I thought of using 2 Intuitive leap gems as i had them drop; 1 to pick up the Dreamer and Melding Nodes (i'm going to drop overcharged) and the 2nd to pickup infused, mana drinker and frenetic.. Overall these nodes are great for dmg and defense but then i'm also able to travel to pick up the chaos dmg nodes at the top (corruption wheel).

I know you're a busy guy but would love your feedback and thoughts.

Cheers!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ScrumpyS
Char name - PrestoDraino
What would be better? Blight with 2 Spreading Rot Jewels or Wither?
"
BigDaddy0415 wrote:

Why not both? I use self casting Blight along with ED and wither totem just fine.
Does elemental damage increase chaos damage? I've read it does not.
"
Amanzel wrote:
"
BigDaddy0415 wrote:

Why not both? I use self casting Blight along with ED and wither totem just fine.

Alrighty then, I'll try to fit it in my gem setup. Might try it in place of Arcane Surge.

Current gear, i'm testing this gem setup for now, and i like it. There are just a couple problems i'm having with it. 1. i need to find room for fortify, i was thinking maybe dropping clarity and moving around gems could do this. 2. I need vaal lightning trap, ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶o̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶v̶a̶a̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶. (Is vaal lightning trap even good for non elemental builds?) I like the self cast blight,
i̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶i̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶P̶o̶B̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶.̶ (It seems like it is). Other than that, i'm just looking for a better amulet, 4 strength and shuffle my resists so i can wear my BoTC without my belt, and gg jewels/gear.

~5.4k life
~2k unreserved
capped resist
11k ed tooltip

for my skill tree i'll be droping the aoe nodes for jewels when i get some nice jewels.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Paranoiac on Sep 7, 2017, 3:16:25 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
I am the best of the best of the best

Hi, started on HC league sense i have nothing to do on SC. I understand this build is "old", but in 3.0 we have some rly hard changes. My question is about Vaal Trap. We supose to get shock. But shock got changed, and sense we dont have much lightning damage, our shock will give a rly small amount of boost. May be worth using something else ? Some other set up ?
Last edited by Dhula on Sep 6, 2017, 8:55:46 PM
So why not Greater Multiple Projectiles Support with essence drain? Seems to do way way more damage in comparison to contagion.
Just a quick question. Should I use the Withchfire brew potion before or after i put my dots on? I was doing it before but maybe if I do it after I'd get more effect from it. Not sure if it works that way tho.
Last edited by Askani127 on Sep 6, 2017, 9:54:38 PM
What masters should I put in my hideout?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info