[2.2][HC]Bumsky's Support Guardian for Everyone (13 1/2 Auras Inside)

I don't understand why you state you can't use zealot's oath with blood magic. 2 elreon rings make's it very simple. I also saw in your FAQ that animate guardian is squishy. Mine has 9k life with max resists except chaos and between shaper seed/vitality never dips below 80% health. I have done twinned core with this character and the animate guardian survived easily. I will repost a reply I had to another guardian build I was following and modified. The Build was https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1590384/page/1

First grab an immune to silence jewel. You can get this corruption on Conqueror's efficiency since it will be relatively cheap.

Grab Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade - GGB or GGR

Faster Attacks/Whirling Blades/Animate Guardian or Purity of Elements
(This was a huge quality of life improvement since whirling blades is pretty slow since you have no attack speed)

Grab 2 Elreon Rings -8 mana cost to run zealot's oath. You will have 1100+ Life Per second.
(One Elreon ring needs to be unsocketed so you can throw animate guardian or purity of elements in there)

You need to pick up around 21 Dexterity on either your Boots/Gloves or One of your rings.

Pick up 2 Energy from within Jewels. (My 3rd jewel was needed for the dexterity but grabbed a new ring so will be switching it back to Energy from within)

Grab Arcane Vision.

Unlink Vitality from Generosity.

- This will put you around 8300-9500 ES - 1100+ life per second / Huge increase in light radius. You will have much faster movement speed with whirling blades and opens up another flask of your choice. This will also allow you to run any map mod with ease and not having to switch anything. With your build I would have to switch around flasks in order to do certain map mods like No life/No regen which is not a big deal but when you run maps unid it forces you to carry flasks or waste a portal.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAPuDR8NfA48EVAXLxhqGYoabBqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqh2-Hdki9CW8Jwso-i9vMtEzhzWSNbk26DdHOlI8KD8nQYdDVEVHRnFJsUrIS65OUk5tVdZXyVgHWK9ZbVv0XGtcil-YX7BhUmTna6xsC20ZbqpvO2-ecLt4DXgvfOV_xoCkgseDCYO2hEiGYIbRiEKPGo9GkiuTJ5uhm7WcMpy-na6hL6KjpRilxKcIpyupbrQMtfK3PrdouJO-isAawcXB88M6w23KSsrTzzLXz9i92RPZW9tP37_gw-GI6QLquuvu7BjvTu-I77z0cfba98H31_k3-d356PrS-wn9AP4K_kk=?accountName=Oldswole&characterName=OrbofOldswole
Last edited by Oldswole on Apr 7, 2016, 4:06:07 PM
"
Oldswole wrote:
I don't understand why you state you can't use zealot's oath with blood magic. 2 elreon rings make's it very simple.

Enduring Cry Costs at least 17 Mana, so even with 2 -8 Rings you would still need to refill your HP from time to time so you need to sacrifce one potion slot for a health potion.
The reason why i want to run Enduring Cry is because of the Prayer of Glory Buff (which is basically another aura with 15% attack, cast and movement speed) and to get endurance charges for me and my group. Ofc you could switch that to Harmony of Purpose so other can build them up for you but since i sometimes run with randoms when my group is offline, i dont like to hope that someone is doing something for me.

"
Oldswole wrote:
I also saw in your FAQ that animate guardian is squishy. Mine has 9k life with max resists except chaos and between shaper seed/vitality never dips below 80% health. I have done twinned core with this character and the animate guardian survived easily. I will repost a reply I had to another guardian build I was following and modified. The Build was https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1590384/page/1

I did test the Guardian back when i was still playing the support, yes you can use him, no he wont die that easily (he even tanked twinned corrupted piety) but i gave him a full armor equip (besides the normal stuff) so he gets really tanky with a determination aura) which i was running instead of one of the dmg auras.

"
Oldswole wrote:
First grab an immune to silence jewel. You can get this corruption on Conqueror's efficiency since it will be relatively cheap.

Dont really need to since Warcrys arent spells, it only prevents Vaal Discipline and that can be countered with using flask and staying back (why do you even tank that boss and need vaal discipline, you are a support so stay in the backlines).

Getting this corruption is "cheap" just keep spamming these vaals till you get one...
You could buy one...there is non to buy in PHC and one for 2 Ex in PSC, i want this guide to be for everyone, not for ppl who can affort a 2 ex jewel for no real good reason, Shav's alone is a huge investment for most "casual" players.

"
Oldswole wrote:
Grab Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade - GGB or GGR
Faster Attacks/Whirling Blades/Animate Guardian or Purity of Elements
(This was a huge quality of life improvement since whirling blades is pretty slow since you have no attack speed)

Got that...for 2 Vaal Haste and Inc Duration.
If i would use whirling blades with faster attacks and Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade i wouldnt be able to keep up with my group because the attack speed is so slow. (I know since i had to get an 1.9 aps claw for my Blasphemie Curser to keep up with my group)

"
Oldswole wrote:
Grab 2 Elreon Rings -8 mana cost to run zealot's oath. You will have 1100+ Life Per second.
(One Elreon ring needs to be unsocketed so you can throw animate guardian or purity of elements in there)

You need to pick up around 21 Dexterity on either your Boots/Gloves or One of your rings.

Again, for what? Being able to support 2 more auras but have to deal with life pots? An again it makes stuff even more expensive.
Blue -8 Rings alone cost 4c in PHC, then you need one with a Socket, then you need all your other stats on it...this isnt casual, this is min maxing for a really small benefit.

"
Oldswole wrote:
Pick up 2 Energy from within Jewels. (My 3rd jewel was needed for the dexterity but grabbed a new ring so will be switching it back to Energy from within)

Where do you put the second one? South of the Scion life wheel? It just reaches 1 Life node...it's okay, but i wouldnt bother with it till later in the game and you still reduce the armor you gain form the buff even more. You get more ES from not going BloodMagic than getting more life and reducing it again to get less ES in the end.

"
Oldswole wrote:
Grab Arcane Vision.

A must for me

"
Oldswole wrote:
Unlink Vitality from Generosity.

Dont like Generosity, it counters Guardians self defence for each aura you dont benefit from.

"
Oldswole wrote:
- This will put you around 8300-9500 ES - 1100+ life per second / Huge increase in light radius. You will have much faster movement speed with whirling blades and opens up another flask of your choice. This will also allow you to run any map mod with ease and not having to switch anything. With your build I would have to switch around flasks in order to do certain map mods like No life/No regen which is not a big deal but when you run maps unid it forces you to carry flasks or waste a portal.

Yes you got more Es than me, Yes you got more ES reg per Second than me, yeah you will barely keep up with the speed of my group with whirling blades and can even use one more flask then me and finally, yes you got 2 Curses more than me...

But!

I got way more Effective ES than you (7k ES + 35k Armor + 1% per Aura on me + Endurance Charges) which for me is way more important in an HC Build than having one more flask or something else.

tl;dr
To much investment for to little in return, you cant compare a SC build with a HC build, you simply cant plan a lvl 100 tree for HC.

Personally i prefere it more to stay safe while keeping my party alive, than being the best support EU/NA with Maxed out performance for such little return.

DOnt get me wrong, curses are OP, but i simply cant run everything perfectly (lvl100) in a budge build when another player would sacrifice way less to run double curses than me.
I use faster attacks/whirling blades which is easy to keep up with any group of ppl. If YOU can't keep up then you are super slow at clicking or running into walls.

How do you figure your tankier... The math does not support you. Let's go through it again.

By your math i grant 17 1/2 auras.

Have 3 vaal skills

30% increased damage for group

3 Curses with enhance. (Enfeeble 21/ Temp Chains 21 and Warlord's mark (36% total quality on all) This also Allows me not to worry about warcrys since I have conduit and always have endurance charges from warlords mark and also gives the entire party 2% leech

Help Oak in Merciless for extra endurance charge. Will always have 4 up

Double the life regen per second

1500-2000+ ES

Plus my Evasion of 34% and 61% with vaal grace allows me to dodge. You can't evade attacks so you get hit much more than me. I can actually tank bosses for the group while you hide.
Conduit for entire party - This makes the entire party do more damage/more tanky (Also, enemies not being able to gain power charges negates an entire mod from the maps)

Generosity on Clarity/Anger - Each gain 40% effect (You don't need clarity or anger since you do no damage and don't need mana) (You Lose 2% phys reduction but already have 61% without any endurance charges/ or flasks)

I have never died on this hero and I'm level 95 now. Never need to re-roll any map mod since I can do any. Can use resist flasks for even more tankyness since I don't need life flasks. Also, i payed 10 chaos for Energy from within jewel with that corruption in perandus league. As far as the 2nd energy from within jewel 17% more maximum ES is nothing to sneeze at. Elreon rings are very cheap... I see 10 online right now for 1 chaos that have energy shield or int.
Last edited by Oldswole on Apr 7, 2016, 10:01:33 PM
You can run blood magic and
for on demand zealots oath.
"
Oldswole wrote:
I use faster attacks/whirling blades which is easy to keep up with any group of ppl. If YOU can't keep up then you are super slow at clicking or running into walls.

Or my party is just fast ;) nvm cant argue with you on that one since you dont know my party so yes, i'm slow and cant use whirling blades.

"
Oldswole wrote:
How do you figure your tankier... The math does not support you. Let's go through it again.

34% Eva < 40k Armor, dont need Math for that one.

"
Oldswole wrote:
By your math i grant 17 1/2 auras.

exclude the auras from items which doesnt count towards the guardian bonus you have 2, max 3 auras more than me, thats 3% physical dmg reduction

"
Oldswole wrote:
Have 3 vaal skills

I've got 3 aswell ;D no problem switching vaal haste to vaal grace.

"
Oldswole wrote:
30% increased damage for group

If that is the bonus from your animated guardian then it's 33% and i got it too since i'm running one aswell as you could read in my post =)

"
Oldswole wrote:
3 Curses with enhance. (Enfeeble 21/ Temp Chains 21 and Warlord's mark (36% total quality on all) This also Allows me not to worry about warcrys since I have conduit and always have endurance charges from warlords mark and also gives the entire party 2% leech

This point goes to you, but still, this is a budge HC build, you still cant compare a 20ex sc build to a 1-3 ex HC build...

"
Oldswole wrote:
Help Oak in Merciless for extra endurance charge. Will always have 4 up

No problem doing that as well, i like the skillpoint in merc since i got 40k armor (90% reduction) without a problem

"
Oldswole wrote:
Double the life regen per second

Still 40k Armor less, Regen keeps you alive again small hits, not the one shots.

"
Oldswole wrote:
1500-2000+ ES

More ES isnt more Effective ES

"
Oldswole wrote:
Plus my Evasion of 34% and 61% with vaal grace allows me to dodge. You can't evade attacks so you get hit much more than me. I can actually tank bosses for the group while you hide.
Conduit for entire party - This makes the entire party do more damage/more tanky (Also, enemies not being able to gain power charges negates an entire mod from the maps)

DOing some retarded math you have a chance of 13% to get hit while having about 13-15% Physical Dmg reduction...thats trusting in luck, not being able to tank.

I got 40k Armor, can use my Flasks to push that even more, got 11-13% Physical Dmg redcution on top.
And ofc i can use vaal grace to giving me the same 61% Dodge.

Trust me, i dont need to hide, and you will fall before me simply because if you vaal grace runs out you are dead because 34% Evasion wont safe you.

"
Oldswole wrote:
Generosity on Clarity/Anger - Each gain 40% effect (You don't need clarity or anger since you do no damage and don't need mana) (You Lose 2% phys reduction but already have 61% without any endurance charges/ or flasks)

So you loose again 2% Physical Reduction.
Dont know where you get 61% Physical Reduction without any charges. Plz provide a full screenshot.

"
Oldswole wrote:
I have never died on this hero and I'm level 95 now. Never need to re-roll any map mod since I can do any. Can use resist flasks for even more tankyness since I don't need life flasks. Also, i payed 10 chaos for Energy from within jewel with that corruption in perandus league. As far as the 2nd energy from within jewel 17% more maximum ES is nothing to sneeze at. Elreon rings are very cheap... I see 10 online right now for 1 chaos that have energy shield or int.

Screenshot or you did die :D i dont trust SC player :D.

I can do every map mod too (except Blood Magic), but i wont run everyone because my spark mate wont run a ele reflect map. No Support Cares about Map Mods, you dps do, your argument isnt valid.

Still the proeblem that you get -16 Mana Cost from Rings but Enduring Cry need 17 Mana.

Thats super cool that stuff is less expensive in PSC, now play on HC where stuff gets a little bit more expensive. At the moment of writing this there is no(!) for me usefull jewel with silence immunity on poe.trade in PHC so i would need to waste a jewel slot for garbage.

ELreon Rings: I dont need to run them because they dont give me anything, i prefere to use a good ring than using a ring with stuff that i need to make the build work. There is no need to use Elreon rings, it's just a restriction of YOUR build.

And again you are still ignoring the fact that you run a Softcore Build (a Build that dont care if it dies 100 times) to a Hardcore Build (a Build that cant die 1 Time). The Creator of your Build even states the following in HIS guide:

"
Q: I'm wondering what you would think about making an Aegis Aurora version of this build for HC (Ascendancy). You would definitely lose a few auras, but gain substantial defense. I'm also guessing you'd drop BM, since you would want to capitalize on the ES given by Mana (from Guardian).
A: BM and Prism guardian is mandatory things for support build.But u can drop bm or prism guardian and lose some auras.
This is Auras set w/o Prism Guardian.9 Auras w/o enlighten,i think 10 with some Enlightens+3 Auras from items.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#1r34pAPd/V59nmnd
This is Auras set w/o BM and w/o Prism Guardian + 2 level 3 Enlightens.8 Auras +3 from items.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#vRetVfKd/ZbGCw/XMqhtmd/XxMa8
You keep being upset I called you out for lieing about not being able to cast spells with zealot's oath and you back it up with more lies. No where in the guide i looked at did it say SOFTCORE only.

I walk around with 77% phys reduction (61% + 16% endurance charges) without any flasks and easily get capped whenever I need (Rumi's or Increased armor flask). I also still have 34% dodge and 61% with vaal grace which last 16 seconds easily enough time to kill a boss. (Your build can't dodge where mine can.... So having 10k armor or 500k armor makes no difference if you both are capped at 90% reduction.)

Entire party is way tankier with enfeeble/temp chains/warlords mark. ( You stated this which is also another reason this build is much tankier for myself and my party)

Double Life regen when I have the same exact 90% phy reduction + Dodge makes me once again much tankier.

You can't do every map mod is the point... I can.

- Your build grants less auras to the party which is additional defensive loss for them. (3-4% phys reduction)
- Your unable to run certain map mods - Can run ALL including Blood Magic
- You cast no curses which is a huge defensive loss to the entire party. (Makes me wonder if all you do is whirling blades around and do nothing during fights since you do no damage.)
- You Don't use Vaal Grace since you can't dodge... I do and the entire party benefits

**This does not even include all my increased curse effect nodes**
- Enfeeble - 56% reduced accuracy / 49% reduced damage) (Lvl 3 enhance/ 20% quality)
- Temp chains - 48% reduced speed
- Warlord's mark - 15% chance to stun / 2% life/mana leech / 49% chance to grant endurance charge.
- You don't need enduring cry since i'm using warlord's mark and with leech you can easily attack 1 mob and boom you got life to cast if you went that route.

The one video you provided of you and a sparker doing a T9 arid lake is slow as hell... yet you said you're group was so fast.... You also only cast enduring cry every now and then and that's it? Seems like a super boring way to play while I'm able to face tank the bosses for my group. I also play 3 roles as the dedicated person cursing/Tank/ and aura-bot compared to your 1. 3>1

I will concede my build is more expensive than yours but the bulk of the expensive pieces are the core for both our builds.

So in summary 1k armor compared to 100k armor makes no difference if each person is able to achieve the same 90% reduction. So, not only is my character tankier but I make my entire party much tankier than yours. My build would actually be better for HC not vice versa.

Last edited by Oldswole on Apr 9, 2016, 1:25:19 AM
I'll keep it short since i really dont want to waste even more time with you after reading this nonsense from you.

"
Oldswole wrote:
You keep being upset I called you out for lieing about not being able to cast spells with zealot's oath and you back it up with more lies. No where in the guide i looked at did it say SOFTCORE only.

2 Rings with max roll = 8 + 8 = 16
Enduring Cry costs at lvl 1 = 17 Mana

I dont know if you need a calculator for this one but it would still cost 1 mana and since you would running zealot oath you wont have any life reg in this build. I dont need to lie because math do the work for me my dear.

"
Oldswole wrote:

I walk around with 77% phys reduction (61% + 16% endurance charges) without any flasks and easily get capped whenever I need (Rumi's or Increased armor flask). I also still have 34% dodge and 61% with vaal grace which last 16 seconds easily enough time to kill a boss. (Your build can't dodge where mine can.... So having 10k armor or 500k armor makes no difference if you both are capped at 90% reduction.)

Still no screenshot showing your stats and your profile is privat as well.
I facepalmed myself about you saying that there is no difference between 10k and 500k armor. Plz learn at least some game mechanics when you start using things as an argument.
Just for you =)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

"
Oldswole wrote:
Entire party is way tankier with enfeeble/temp chains/warlords mark. ( You stated this which is also another reason this build is much tankier for myself and my party)

Like i already said, curses are op, no question about it.

"
Oldswole wrote:
Double Life regen when I have the same exact 90% phy reduction + Dodge makes me once again much tankier.

Still facepalming about having the same physical reduction...90% doesnt mean that you will 10% physical dmg from all sources, one big hit and you are dead while i still stand.

"
Oldswole wrote:
You can't do every map mod is the point... I can.

And i wont change the whole build just for being able to run 1 mod, so it's out of a question ;)

"
Oldswole wrote:
- Your build grants less auras to the party which is additional defensive loss for them. (3-4% phys reduction)
- Your unable to run certain map mods - Can run ALL including Blood Magic
- You cast no curses which is a huge defensive loss to the entire party. (Makes me wonder if all you do is whirling blades around and do nothing during fights since you do no damage.)
- You Don't use Vaal Grace since you can't dodge... I do and the entire party benefits

Facepalm...
1. Yay 2 more Map mods my party dont want to run but i still can do it :D
2. I dont need to curse since someone else does it and i dont whirling blades around in the fight since i keep up endurance charges in the fight (cant do that with curses :( )
3. Lol plz...just once, plz learn the mechanics before you want to use them in an argument. Evasion isnt Dodge my dear, here is the wiki for you mate. (in case you are unable to get it, Cannot Evade enemy Attacks is something other than Cannot Dodge enemy Attacks.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dodge

"
Oldswole wrote:
- Enfeeble - 56% reduced accuracy / 49% reduced damage) (Lvl 3 enhance/ 20% quality)
- Warlord's mark - 15% chance to stun / 2% life/mana leech / 49% chance to grant endurance charge.
- You don't need enduring cry since i'm using warlord's mark and with leech you can easily attack 1 mob and boom you got life to cast if you went that route.

Lvl 3 Enhance costs 1ex, 20% curses cost a lot.
Warlords mark wont give you any charges in a bossfight without adds.

"
Oldswole wrote:
The one video you provided of you and a sparker doing a T9 arid lake is slow as hell... yet you said you're group was so fast.... You also only cast enduring cry every now and then and that's it? Seems like a super boring way to play while I'm able to face tank the bosses for my group. I also play 3 roles as the dedicated person cursing/Tank/ and aura-bot compared to your 1. 3>1

That video was done without me knowing it, thats the reason why i keep looting and doing other stuff.
I dont care if it is slow since this is hardcore, as long as you clear in an good speed and stay safe, everything is good. Go on and play sc where noone cares if you die to a stupid mistake.

Facetanking for the group is super fun, totally enjoin the playstyle of taking a hit in the face every second. . .

Who said i cant tank? i can tank better than you with your low armor rating (hope you finally read that stuff...)

"
Oldswole wrote:
I will concede my build is more expensive than yours but the bulk of the expensive pieces are the core for both our builds.

Like the lvl 3 enhance for 1ex?

"
Oldswole wrote:
So in summary 1k armor compared to 100k armor makes no difference if each person is able to achieve the same 90% reduction. So, not only is my character tankier but I make my entire party much tankier than yours. My build would actually be better for HC not vice versa.

"So in summary 1k armor compared to 100k armor makes a super big difference because 90% reduction (in the stats window) doesnt mean you will get hit for 5000 dmg from a 50000 hit. So, not only is my character not tankier than yours but I make my entire party much tankier than yours. My build would actually be better for HC not vice versa since i know it because i play sc."

To finish this all off because i wont reply to another comment from you before you fix you knowledge of this game:

-Provide some facts to your stats
-Read the wiki
-I wont change the whole build just because your think the build you copy is better than mine.
-Non of the Stuff you say actually benefits this guide since all you do say is "My Build is better than yours". Why dont we delete all guides in the forum when there can only be one guide per skill/roll?

Thanks for the good laugh =)
- You don't need enduring cry since i'm using warlord's mark and with leech you can easily attack 1 mob and boom you got life to cast if you went that route. (Learn to read you can easily still use enduring cry if u wanted. You could cast it 58x before running out of life if you never attacked once. What Boss doesn't have 1 add anywhere around them?)

Enemies hit 56%+ Less / They do 49%+ Less damage / They Attack/Move 48%+ less

1000 Damage - 49% less = 510 only has a 44% of actually hitting. Have a 61% chance to dodge which brings that down to a 15% chance to be hit. 48% chance to block brings it down to 7% chance I'm hit. So, even if i did get hit by any mob in the game nothing would 1 shot me with 8500 ES / w/ 90% phys reduction/82% elemental.

Let's say something attacks more than once, so you can look even more stupid.

2 attacks for 1000 damage - Each doing 510 damage and have 7% Chance to hit.

Attacks per second 1 (This will keep it simple for you since you don't understand the game)

In 2 Seconds you get hit twice.

In 2 Seconds I get hit once. (48%+ Reduced attack speed)

So, my entire party gets attacked less while you cling on to your 50k armor. How is your 50k armor helping your team stay alive? Thought you were a support character......

I see you keep making comments about gems being expensive..... Leveling up a gem is expensive? You use several enlightens and tell me enhance is expensive...... LOL, I bought level 2 enhance gem that was 75% leveled to 3 for 6 chaos. (Super Expensive!)

It seems like you are unaware that you can level a gem then use 1 GCP and make it 20%. I Guess you just buy all your gems leveled.

The video is what YOU told people about as proof your build works. You are almost never seen the entire video... You are 3/4 Screens behind and only casting enduring cry with no1 around.... Good work mr. support.

So, your party can expect you to cast enduring cry and that's it. They will still need a dedicated curser and some1 to tank since you are never there and neither attack/ or keep up with the group. Looking forward to what excuse you make this time, should be good for a laugh.

Last edited by Oldswole on Apr 10, 2016, 4:52:13 PM
Hey I'm currently working on leveling this build and I was hoping you could shine some light on how worth it it is to get iron reflexes and unwavering stance. You could save 26 points and put that into ES and get lioneye's paws.
"
wolfx28 wrote:
Hey I'm currently working on leveling this build and I was hoping you could shine some light on how worth it it is to get iron reflexes and unwavering stance. You could save 26 points and put that into ES and get lioneye's paws.

You dont 100% need these 2 nodes but i recommend them since iron reflexes makes you super tanky and unwavering stance just removes the 5% evasion chance for the big benefit of not getting stunned, both of these nodes just cost just 8 points but will save your life (you still need the aura node in the duellist area)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info