[2.2][HC]Bumsky's Support Guardian for Everyone (13 1/2 Auras Inside)

Hello, my Name is Bumsky :D

First of all, this is my First Guide and English isnt my native language, if you find mistakes pls show them to me so i can fix them.

I really like Spoilers since they let you overview only the stuff that you want to know without breaking your Mouse Wheel.

Why No Bloodmagic?
Spoiler
I really like playing supporter in all kinds of games and since the 2.2 Patch supporting is getting on a whole new lvl.
After looking for days in the Forum for a suiting build i was afrait to find only 2 ways of playing a Auramancer, either you got Blood Magic or you use Victario's Influence so you can run as many auras as you can.
As a Bloodmagic Auramancer you loose 50% of the Benefit from the new Guardian Skill Radiant Faith (in this Case the ES Bonus) on the other hand with Victario's Influence you dont reserve much (or not at all) your health...so once again, you sacrifice the other 50% of Radiant Faith (in this Case the Armor Bonus), so the only way of using your Skillpoints to the Full potentional you need to reserve the most of Life and Mana.
Another Reason why i dislike Blood Magic is that you cant really use Zealot Oath without loosing the abillity to cast spells and if we dont use Zealot Oath we wouldnt really benefit from Guardians Unwavering Faith (0,2% Life Reg per Aura)

Pro's
Spoiler
- 13 Auras + 2 Vaal Haste/Grace + 1 Vaal Discipline
- Massive Defence Boost
- Endurance Charges for everyone
- Permament 600 ES Regen per Second
- A Little "Emergency Heal" with Enduring Cry and Zealot Oath
- Others will love you and invite you as soon as you get online
- Doesnt need a Chamber full of Chaos and Exalted to work good (Cheap)
- No Blood Magic

Con's
Spoiler
- No Life Flasks since we are Low Life
- Extremly Limited Solo Play (Stone Golem can kill most Normal and Cruel stuff)
- You need to like supporting or it will be boring
- It's a Templar :c
Spoiler
- A FU**ING TEMPLAR DUDE!

Where are my 13 1/2 Auras?!?
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/euXpNtQ

We are Running:
Anger
Clarity
Discipline
Grace
Haste
Hatred
Purity of Fire
Purity of Ice
Purity of Lightning
Radiant Faith (one gives everyone Armor)
Radiant Faith (and the other Energy Shield)
Shaper's Seed
Wrath

Wait what? But Bumsky, these are only 13, dont Screw with me i got more DPS than you :c

Yeah the 1/2 Aura that gives everyone 15% Attack, Cast and Movement Speed, comes from Guardian's Prayer of Glory and is sadly invisible but has a Uptime of 100%.

Tree

Required Gear
Spoiler

Of course a Shav would be better but i started with a Solaris Lorica without any problems. I was sitting with crappy gear at 4.5k Energy Shield. This isnt the world but it is more than enough to support. The first big item to get as a upgrade is a Shav of course.

Gem Links
Spoiler
Personally i put my Puritys into Alphas Howl for the +2 and the 3 Dmg Aura into Prism Guardian.

Only important thing is that you need to put Anger, Hatred and Wrath into Prism Guardian, else you wont be able to run all 13 Auras

3 Links:

If you handle the costs of making a Int Gear with 2G1R1B then you can link
to it as well

3 Links:

3 Links:

3 Links:

4 Links:

Prism Guardian: (Dont need to be linked)

"if it fits it sits"

Aura Calc.
Spoiler
A more DPS oriented Setup i use at the moment since my party benefits heavily from it
https://poe.mikelat.com/#kxCfVfKd/tAc2QMH/WUnh4/_A2dtmd/PXRHw

A more defensive oriented Setup, you loose some ES reg but gain huge amounts of armor (i got up to 83 reduction and about 30k Armor
https://poe.mikelat.com/#ger6XfKd/yLwZ9k3/_A2dtmd/cZsKB/kaxpAnbc
(thx to oyvi for this Setup)

Current Status with lvl 86 in HC

Leveling
Spoiler
Leveling as a Supporter is always a problem if you dont want to spend a large amount of Regrets, if you really cant find a Group and you need to lvl solo i would use one the following two ways

Flame Totem
Spoiler
Get yourself a Lifesprig or a +1 Fire Gem Wand/Scepter and use Flame Totem + Controlled Destruction/Elemental Focus + Faster Casting.

For Auras Use Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder from Act 2, when you reach Act 3 you can switch to Anger and Haste when you get some Aura Reduction from the Tree

Starting Tree

Grab Ancestral Bond asap and get the 2 Dmg Nodes Retribution and Light of Divinity on the Way. Get Shamanistic Furry for some Extra Dps and grab Life nodes when you need them while working your way to the Main Tree

Facebreaker
Spoiler
Grab yourself a Pair of Facebreakers and Craft two Blue Rings and one Amulette with Flat Physical Dmg. Personally, when i find Two-Stone Rings i use the Vendor Recipe to get 2 Prismatic Rings Craft them again for Flat Physical Dmg when i didnt found anything usefull till Act 3.
Other Uniques for Facebreaker lvling are always welcome if you find (can affort) them.

Grab Herald of Ash in Act 2 and get Hatred asap in Act 3. If you got enough Aura Cost Reduction you can run Haste or if needed Determination or Grace too.

I recommend using Infernal Blow and later Ice Crash

Starting Tree

Grab Life nodes when needed and continue with grabbing every Aura Node from the Main Tree

We Scale the Dmg into Cruel/Merc with Auras since we Buff them anyways but dont be afrait to switch Auras to make your Situation better like dropping a Aura for Purity of Elements when needed.

Bandits
Spoiler
Dont be a Traitor, KILL. THEM. ALL. EVERYTIME. (You are jung and need the Points :c)

Checklist for switching to Full Support with lvl 68
Spoiler
- Get every Aura node from the Full Tree!
- Get Alpha's Howl!
- Get Prism Guardian!
- Get Conqueror's Efficiency!
- Get a Solaris Lorica Chest (or if you can affort it already a Shavronne's Wrappings
- Get some ES Gear in other Slots, dont need to be super Fancy stuff
- Fix Resistance till you are a little bit Overcapped (Remember to fix your Resistance while you are running the 3 Puritys (Bonus Points for getting some Chaos Resistance!)

Videos
Spoiler
Check Thekivis Spark Guide, there is a Video with me as a Auramancer in the Video Spoiler

FAQ
Spoiler
Animate Guardian?
You can run him if you got a spare slot, personally i gave him a armor equip with some chaos res and extra life and switched to determination instead of anger. It can work fine and he even tanked twinned corrupted piety but you need him to be a high lvl. Use him if you can, but dont desperatly force him.

Again, why no Blood Magic?
Zealot Oath!

Enduring Cry Costs at least 17 Mana, so even with 2 -8 Rings you would still need to refill your HP from time to time so you need to sacrifce one potion slot for a health potion.
The reason why i want to run Enduring Cry is because of the Prayer of Glory Buff (which is basically another aura with 15% attack, cast and movement speed) and to get endurance charges for me and my group. Ofc you could switch that to Harmony of Purpose so other can build them up for you but since i sometimes run with randoms when my group is offline, i dont like to hope that someone is doing something for me.

Last edited by exolithus on Apr 7, 2016, 5:23:11 PM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 2:12:56 AM
Love this idea of stacking auras with this ascendancy for some reason . It is such a dps and survivability boost to the party with such a resilient character, it truly is one of the best ascendancies, not only in power but in essence. Congratulations , and hope you optimize to the max , cheers mate !
you take conduit. how do you generate charges?
Enduring Cry
enduring cry only generates endurance charges though, and 90% of players already use enduring cry. isnt it kind of a wasted talent if your only sharing 1/3 of the charges you have access to?
I get the Charges myself, the other thing is that my team can concentrate on dealing dmg while they know that i handle endurance charges for the whole team all by myself.

The other reason is that i kinda functions as a mini health pot since the regen applys to your ES as well.

It's just 1 Point i spend on getting there, if you dont like it, feel free to take it out or if you really want to get more charges for the party you can switch to a wand and use frenzy to share frenzy charges as well.
Suggestion:
Try this aura setup
https://poe.mikelat.com/#ger6XfKd/yLwZ9k3/_A2dtmd/cZsKB/kaxpAnbc

Usually you don't need 3 dd auras. SO I suggest running DD 2 auras max.
Casters prefer wrath + anger, physics only hatred.

DD Aura on generosity will be buffed super strong, just try.

Added grace in shield as it will gain enormous amounts of evasion from levels.

Added determination because this aura will scale flat armour you provide heavily.

At level 98 I suggest poeurl.com/AqR
Check talent Cloth and Chain (near iron reflexes). It is super good.

You can grab some extra ES nodes if you are uncomfortable with that amount of ES.

"
davy12111 wrote:
you take conduit. how do you generate charges?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Elixir

P.S. 5th league in a row support :D
Last edited by oyvi on Mar 22, 2016, 7:01:33 AM
this aura setup is really nice but since my group is a quit mixed team of ele attacks, physical and one spark guy, it would be a bit loss in dmg if i ditch one of the 3 dmg auras, however i will add your aura setup into the guide, simply because it gives huge defensive buffs. Thx!

I think that Cloth and Chain is a big waste, sure the armor you get from it is big, but the resistance is pretty much wasted since i'm overcapped already. it would be a really late option for me to take this one.

I nether thought about Doedre's Elixir and i'm not sure how punishing it would be since we get dmg twice (the 20% ES hurt a lot and 10% of our life a chaos dmg on top of it...)
You have quite a lot of ES regen and plenty of chaos resistance so this flask will not be so painful.

Try to get belt with flat armour + chaos res + hp + mana.

2 points in Cloth and Chain will give you a lot of armour and 45% total resist.

Just try :)
i switched hatred with determination, rest of my aura setup is the same. Sitting at 28k armor with 83% reduction at lvl 86 (without flasks), i think i stay with that since everyone else gets around 9k armor from me.

i tried doedre's elexir, dont like that fact that i can use it once for 3 charges while giving myself about 22% dmg (got chaos res at 48 in merc). In my opinion it isnt worth it.

i respecced 2 points into cloth and chain and will give it a run, i'm at 33k armor with that but still, the resistance are wasted

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info