GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

The AG is alive. :) Didn't know it disappears after logging out. I read something different earlier, so it confused me.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
Purity is mainly for your spectres to not kill themselves if you land in an unfortunate situation of a Vaal Totem and/or a rare enemy with the mod "nearby allies cannot die" and one of the enemies have ele reflect, they can kill themselves rather fast vs that without the purity.

Sounds like very rare encounter to me. So far my spectres seem to be extremely tanky and I have also just vaaled them to 21 lvl. If I ever face that problem, I might reconsider.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
I would still rather take Rampage over HH tbh, even if you only get like 100 stacks every now and then thats still increased dmg & speed, but ultimately that specific topic is a matter of taste.

Another thing is, I won't be playing anything else this league, so kinda want to use it for funz at least. :)

"
Ghazzy wrote:
What other benefits is the Rathpith giving you besides the increased HP? (since you're not running NA which I'd personally recommend, specially if you don't feel the need of the HP gain).
You get a portion of your block chance applied to spells, sure that's nice but only way that will be a noticable effect would be if you use Bone Offering, which literally gimps your performance ten times over and is absolutely not recommended.

Yeah I use it only because of spell block, since I am wearing bisco's. Whether you knew it or not, I am using bone offering as well. :P Can you be under influence of two offerings? Then I could think of some CWDT combo.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
I do promote anyone to play any of my builds in what ever way they prefer, my comments are simply my opinions which are more in lign with my personal playstyle and/or actual efficiency of the build.

And I have never said anyone here is wrong or anything. I just want chill build to get it to lvl 100. Never felt so tanky this league and the DPS is very good. It is almost like my LL RF guardian from legacy, where I could just close my eyes and play. Can't ask for more. :> Definitely will try this build HC, because I want to switch if I ever play future leagues.
Last edited by Varskar on Oct 21, 2017, 5:22:36 PM
Should I use Concentrated Effect support over Elemental Focus support if using a 5-link? And if so; why? From what I can tell, Conc Effect only affects the beam ability. Shouldn't Elemental Focus be better since it affects both the projectiles and beam since they both use fire dmg? Unless I am just mistaken and Conc Effect does affect the projectile move as well.
which build is more tanky and more dps? this one or LL RF scorching ray Guardian?

Currently using these flasks, are there any other better options, def-wise? Had quicksilver and phasing before but having extra res and closing the gap on ele weakness maps, this seems like a better decision.

Currently with PoF and 2 flasks, sitting at 80/81/81 res, seems good.
Last edited by antyone on Oct 23, 2017, 7:57:31 AM
"
Camaron wrote:
which build is more tanky and more dps? this one or LL RF scorching ray Guardian?

Had LL RF in legacy with 22-23k ES. I was XPing on T13s and the only things, which had a chance to kill me were esh and tul bosses. Nothing else could even scratch me, not even Abaxoth. But now ES is nerfed so not sure.

This league I have solar spectre summoner with 7,5k+ HP and 75/75 block. I would say survi is a bit worse but still excellent. DPS is similar but AoE is bigger on a summoner.

One of my T17 spectres died on a trial. Feels bad. Thought they will never die there, just like them golems.
Last edited by Varskar on Oct 23, 2017, 8:45:51 AM
@Varskar:

Alrighty :)
Bone Offering though... :/

And, no, they don'stack sadly. And no, they don't grant the effect to other party members.

"
holyspagetty wrote:
Should I use Concentrated Effect support over Elemental Focus support if using a 5-link? And if so; why? From what I can tell, Conc Effect only affects the beam ability. Shouldn't Elemental Focus be better since it affects both the projectiles and beam since they both use fire dmg? Unless I am just mistaken and Conc Effect does affect the projectile move as well.

You should use it instead of Controlled Destruction due to the higher numeric value, this is updated in the guide as well. The fireballs has an explosion effect as well which will result in higher DPS using conc effect.

"
Camaron wrote:

LL RF Guardian is a lot tankier. This build puts the threat to your minions and keeps you rather safe but the RF guardian build is stronger in terms of survival!

"
antyone wrote:

Currently using these flasks, are there any other better options, def-wise? Had quicksilver and phasing before but having extra res and closing the gap on ele weakness maps, this seems like a better decision.

Currently with PoF and 2 flasks, sitting at 80/81/81 res, seems good.

That's pretty decked out for defence, you're good :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
holyspagetty wrote:

You should use it instead of Controlled Destruction due to the higher numeric value, this is updated in the guide as well. The fireballs has an explosion effect as well which will result in higher DPS using conc effect.

Hmm, I did some searching around and it does appear regular Fireball does scale with Conc Effect, yes.

But does this mean fireball damage is two-part, one projectile and one explosion?

Or that the projectile is just a 'vessel' and the explosion is 100% of the damage?

If it's not the latter case, then it's a darned pity that modifiers only affect "half" the spell!

Thanks for taking our qns. :)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
holyspagetty wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Ahh okay that makes sense then. I just wanted to make sure that Concentrated Effect was better than Elemental Focus in the case of not having a 6th link. The fireballs having an explosion as well definitely makes it a better option then.

Having a blast with spectres so far though! Wasn't sure if I was going to make a spectre necro, but your guide was easily the most thought out and quelled almost all of my questions and doubts about making it. Do you think it will be a good league starter for next league? I'm thinking about Spectre Necro or Sunder Zerker (assuming sunder zerker isn't gutted next patch).
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
holyspagetty wrote:

Hmm, I did some searching around and it does appear regular Fireball does scale with Conc Effect, yes.

But does this mean fireball damage is two-part, one projectile and one explosion?

Or that the projectile is just a 'vessel' and the explosion is 100% of the damage?

If it's not the latter case, then it's a darned pity that modifiers only affect "half" the spell!

Thanks for taking our qns. :)

Been unable to confirm this due to it being minions...
However, I'm fairly sure it's a 2 tap DMG similar to Fireball which also means that using projectile modifiers such as pierce/fork etc will only make the explosion happen on the last target hit which means you lose effective DPS if you do. However, since the spell has the AoE tag the damage increase from Conc effect also affects the projectile.

"
holyspagetty wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
holyspagetty wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Ahh okay that makes sense then. I just wanted to make sure that Concentrated Effect was better than Elemental Focus in the case of not having a 6th link. The fireballs having an explosion as well definitely makes it a better option then.

Having a blast with spectres so far though! Wasn't sure if I was going to make a spectre necro, but your guide was easily the most thought out and quelled almost all of my questions and doubts about making it. Do you think it will be a good league starter for next league? I'm thinking about Spectre Necro or Sunder Zerker (assuming sunder zerker isn't gutted next patch).

My pleasure bro!

Elemental Focus should still be used, it's Controlled Destruction we've changed.
I think Spectre builds in general are in a great league starter state atm.
Sunder will sadly in it's current state always be among the best league starters though, so it's up to you :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
nvm
Ingame: Blitzfrau
Last edited by Pax1990 on Oct 26, 2017, 8:47:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info