GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

Hey, I'm going to clear merc lab soon. I'm wondering why you're taking Spirit eater instead of Commander of darkness.

Spirit eater gives you 30% damage increase.

Commander gives you 20% damage increase, 10% speed increase and 20% of all elemental resistances.

Even if commander was lacking resistances wouldn't it still be better because the build already has a lot of increased damage but little increased speed. This would make it scale a lot better.
Hey Ghazzy, once again thanks for the build. Did my very first Atziri run. With this build entire run is piece of cake = spam 1 button. Dunno, 2nd boss fight was really ez (ended in like 10 sec). 1st boss 1shoted me tho, but when it was enraged :D

well, somwhere in the guide you said chaos dmg is not a problem, well not rly true :D

btw, spirit eater and beacon, do they work together?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
bone offering is useful in a specific set of situations

1 when you need ultra tanky minions to hold a boss at all costs. you can do so cheaply using bone offering

if you happen to use an animate guardian with say a femurs of the saints . a bone offering can give your minions that 35% block.. it also can get them to 8% life regen .. and 8% life regen on minions with 13 - 18k life is kind of insane.

2 when you have so much flat attack speed that the 30% speed from flesh is a pittance. (it can happen)

a generosity vaal haste , on top of 3 frenzy charges .. on top of femures vaal skeletons .. on top of a generosity haste is already an absurdly high amount of attack speed.

3 you use bone offering with a shield and mistress to cap your own block.

the best explanation for why that one fellas minions are dying in maps is possibly a resist issue. the zombies would be fine since they are at 71 all res.. but spectres would only be around 61% provided commander of darkness is taken

if no commander than you could be sitting on minions with resists as low as 41%...

1. The life regen is crazy sure.
2. If thats the case and you're using Physical dmging minions, Spirit Offering will be godlike.
3. Sure that's awesome, but hurts your overall clear speed.

Your comments around resistances are very true, most issues minions has when it comes to survival comes from spell dmg, not physical dmg which is what makes purity auras great unless of course you're going for some extra minion res from jewels as we discussed earlier. It is far from mandatory, but does indeed help a lot! :)

"
Smargoos wrote:
Hey, I'm going to clear merc lab soon. I'm wondering why you're taking Spirit eater instead of Commander of darkness.

Spirit eater gives you 30% damage increase.

Commander gives you 20% damage increase, 10% speed increase and 20% of all elemental resistances.

Even if commander was lacking resistances wouldn't it still be better because the build already has a lot of increased damage but little increased speed. This would make it scale a lot better.

Commander of Darkness is of higher priority since the Ascendancy changes. And I personally would take Mistress over Spirit Eater for clear speed reasons.

"
prophets wrote:
Hey Ghazzy, once again thanks for the build. Did my very first Atziri run. With this build entire run is piece of cake = spam 1 button. Dunno, 2nd boss fight was really ez (ended in like 10 sec). 1st boss 1shoted me tho, but when it was enraged :D

well, somwhere in the guide you said chaos dmg is not a problem, well not rly true :D

btw, spirit eater and beacon, do they work together?

Cheers!
Chaos damage is not an issue as long as you don't stay still in the chaos dmg pools :P

How do you mean by working together?
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:

I mean, do they stack? does the dmg of the beacon cloud gets affected by spirit eater dmg multipliers?
Anyone tried those new council gloves in this build yet? Does it help zombies?
Censored.
"
prophets wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

I mean, do they stack? does the dmg of the beacon cloud gets affected by spirit eater dmg multipliers?

Spirit Eater provides minion dmg which is provided to the Beacon clouds yes. :)

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Anyone tried those new council gloves in this build yet? Does it help zombies?

Using them for my 5 Keystone Horror Summoner build which uses physical dmg dealing spectres. For the Flame Sentinels they would be rather garbage imo, since the "pseudo hatred" effect from them does not apply to anything.
the gloves are kind of the definition of unnecessary tba. They arent explicitly bad, but they aren’t explicitly fantastic or even great.. and good is a word i struggle to use with them.

they have a set of stats that are just unreasonably difficult to utilize.
for example they give resists for minions... but only cold resists... so you are stuck with this silly situation where your minions are ok on cold res but you still need the usual resist mechanics anyway in order to cap the other resistances. so it either contributes not enough .. or it contributes ... nothing of impact.

the strength stat is decent . but this is kind of what heavy belts are ritually designed to do. best summoner belt is a double str double res , life es belt imo. and the good ones can contribute 80 -90 strength

dex would have been the better stat since the only real way to get dex as a summoner is to go out of ones way to the ranger aura nodes via the scion dex highway OR take 30 dex notables.

the slower minions is an evil draw back

and the life roll is rather underwhelming for a high level item such as that.
and the es roll is about half to a third of what a hybrid pair of gloves can get you

TBA , get a good pair of gloves and add minion life or damage to them.

something like these:
as a long shot goal
or these

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 28, 2016, 3:24:53 PM
That's what I thought too; was thinking of the zombies not the flame sents. Too bad they won't make the zombies freeze monsters when they pummel them.
I got a decent enough pair of gloves with a good enchantment.

Censored.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the gloves are kind of the definition of unnecessary tba. They arent explicitly bad, but they aren’t explicitly fantastic or even great.. and good is a word i struggle to use with them.

they have a set of stats that are just unreasonably difficult to utilize.
for example they give resists for minions... but only cold resists... so you are stuck with this silly situation where your minions are ok on cold res but you still need the usual resist mechanics anyway in order to cap the other resistances. so it either contributes not enough .. or it contributes ... nothing of impact.

the strength stat is decent . but this is kind of what heavy belts are ritually designed to do. best summoner belt is a double str double res , life es belt imo. and the good ones can contribute 80 -90 strength

dex would have been the better stat since the only real way to get dex as a summoner is to go out of ones way to the ranger aura nodes via the scion dex highway OR take 30 dex notables.

the slower minions is an evil draw back

and the life roll is rather underwhelming for a high level item such as that.
and the es roll is about half to a third of what a hybrid pair of gloves can get you

TBA , get a good pair of gloves and add minion life or damage to them.

something like these:
as a long shot goal
or these

Physical dmg dealing spectres makes the gloves godlike, outside of that they are pretty much garbage imo.
Res roll I agree with 100%

Strength is pretty okeyish, it also provides HP for HP focused builds.
Obviously, dex would have been smoother.

Slower minions doesn't affect spectres that much since they actually get a movement speed cap in the gem itself :)

life roll is mediocre.

ES roll is garbage like most uniques :P

So again, the pseudo hatred effect makes them godlike but only when you scale your main source of minions that deals physical dmg, if not, they will be a waste to wear.

"
kolyaboo wrote:
That's what I thought too; was thinking of the zombies not the flame sents. Too bad they won't make the zombies freeze monsters when they pummel them.
I got a decent enough pair of gloves with a good enchantment.

They are solid for Zombies, problem is that zombies are not that good at clearing but for single target focused zombie builds, sure. :)
they aren’t terrible at clearing, but you need melee splash and unlike spectres, movement speed for zombies is actually extremely important.

ironically that -10% ms is a major deal breaker for one of the most physical heavy minions in the game.

its the situation in which if you dont have a 6l to put the zombies in... dont bother with zombies as anything other than single target and meat shields.

this is one of the few cases where queens escape or femures of the saints can see good use..
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 29, 2016, 11:04:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info