GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

"
zubbalop wrote:
Just one question, do i use the gem setup that is under the link "My current gear"?

The gem setup in the link is for Flame Sentinels. Those are great and you can use them, however this league Knitted Horrors might be better if you have the 'Grip of the Council' gloves (and use Hatred aura).

It all boils down to preference eventually.

You can also check Ghazzy's Character "PPG_GhazzyTV" https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ghazzy/characters for his actual current gear/gem setup.

"
Tusenfryd wrote:
What are the benefit of your guide over leary's?

Leary's build uses Shavs :P

They are not that different, but Leary gears and builds as a support summoner for groups, with resistance auras in prism guardian, so it reserves life. Ghazzy's build works pretty good as a solo summoner, with hybrid life/es (es on mana with mom) to make you tanky while spectres kill everything.

Both are good, but if you don't have a shavs or a high-level group of friends, you're gonna get more bang for your buck with this build.

Btw, thanks again for the build and advice on stream, Ghazzy! My summoner is the most fun I had in a while in poe :3

Last edited by Revak on Jun 8, 2016, 12:13:28 PM
Quick note:

I'll be going to the Dowload festivale this weekend and will be back on Tuesday again!

"
broseidon07 wrote:
Should I use a tabula or a 5L mortis?

I saw a post a couple days ago saying that this build isn't that updated, but it seemed to be when I read through it.

Last question: How are summoners, particularly your build, doing atm? Are there any map mods you cant do? Merc Izaro? How's the clearspeed? Are you squishy?

I am currently testing out another approach with Knitted Horrs on stream atm. That build is pretty much this with a slightly different approach.

If you have a tabula i would only switch to Mortis when you have a 5L, the additional spectre will be a HUGE damage increase! (For even more damage increase use the shield Victario's Charity with Necromantic Aegis keystone).

My build is doing great, most summoner builds are sadly poorly designed. The few on the forums that are good should work very well, summoners are in a strong position right now despite their lack of quality of life stuffs. However, sadly summoners will remain to be mediocre in terms of clearspeed unless you go SRS due to a lot of reasns. This build guide is however pretty damn good!

Map mods to avoid would be ele reflect / blood magic, rest can be done!

"
steve444 wrote:
"
Fifty wrote:
When you make the switch to summoner, the amount of minion damage nodes will outclass your direct damage with firestorm as you've only got 1 or 2 nodes with spell damage on them.

The ball lightning is used to keep the zombies/spectres attacking the right targets as well as apply your curses via curse on hit. The bonus of ele equilibrium is that if you hit the monster first with lightning, then the fire sentinels should do more damage to them, and considering that's you're method of dps, it's a good thing.

thanks for clearing that up Fifty, and thanks Ghazzy

It makes sense now, because only the minions get the +dmg and all the other boosts and the elemental spells dont, no need in casting them in late game (cause they dont scale up well)

and the ball lightning is for the direction / curse application only.

and yea +dmg to my elemental spells wont apply to minions / +dmg to minions wont apply to my own char dmg, (vice versa i get it :)

No worries! :)
You got it!

"
steve444 wrote:
one question tho,

is there any workaround for that spell echo gem when summoning those spectres / fire sentinels?

if there's anything i'm probably going to *HATE* is haveing to open inventory, remove the gem from my armor , summon the dudes/dudettes?, then having to put it back?

what am i missing here? the spectre's high HP? they never die?

Summon zombie on unwanted corpses or bring a detonate dead gem equiped for the same purpose :P

The spectres should very rarely die once you get Soul Weaver ascendancy node.

"
kolyaboo wrote:
There is not. If you leave it in, it will double summon and you know you will get one sentinel and one dopey chimera or something.

Trust someone who has played summoner more than once, it is very annoying at first, as you say, but it becomes quite auto after a few times.

Well, I started this build in prophecy and so far have shit gear but no problems and very fast normal lab. Never did I take any damage.

:D

"
broseidon07 wrote:
I really want to start this build, but I have a tabula currently and not enough currency for a Mortis. I could probably sell the tabula and get a 5L mortis, but not sure which to have.

Use the Tabula til you can get a 5L vis mortis :)

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Hey, Broseidon if you are serious about the build I would rather the 5 link vis than tab. But only if you are serious since all around tabs are good to have.

Well, I just got my extra curse (graduated from firestorm to ball lightning when I switched over to EE and whispers) and it is very fast clear. Having a blast!

Thanks again Ghazzy for putting me back into summoners' land!

My pleasure bro! :D

"
BigMacAttack wrote:
im at cruel act 4 and i got my 4 link vis and boots. i got 4 flame sents from eternal lab in cruel. They seem to be lacking in damage and can die in dried lake. I was clearing faster with firestorm. Any ideas what im doing wrong

4l is echo-minion damage- controlled destruction

i have all the damage and almost all the life minion nodes.

Are you using Flesh Offering?

"
zubbalop wrote:
This build looks awsome gonna try it on my wich that i dont ude lvl 86.
Just one question, do i use the gem setup that is under the link "My current gear"?

Never trust my current gear display when it comes to gem links, sometimes i test other stuffs and it shows up, trust the written text in the guide! :3

"
Tusenfryd wrote:
I want to try a summoner in prophecy.

Your build looks really great to me, I like it! Thanks for your work.

I found a second build, overall pretty equal to yours - Leary's Auramancer (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595322/page/1)

Now I can't decide which one I should go for. What are the benefit of your guide over leary's?

Thanks for your help!

Leary is a subscriber on my stream and a very talented summoner player. He is the second player in this game to be able to kill Uber Atziri as a classic summoner after snapshot fix. I did it before ascendancy, he plucked her down shortly after. I do believe there is another who have managed now after the lated buffs.

When summoner builds looks rather simmilar it usually comes down to a matter of taste of how you wish to play the build.

The main difference between these builds is that my guide is directed to low budget / beginners, whilst his is an end game build designed for Uber Atziri. I am currently working on a high budget build which is similar to his but I'll be using other spectres than he chose to.

"
Revak wrote:
"
zubbalop wrote:

The gem setup in the link is for Flame Sentinels. Those are great and you can use them, however this league Knitted Horrors might be better if you have the 'Grip of the Council' gloves (and use Hatred aura).

It all boils down to preference eventually.

You can also check Ghazzy's Character "PPG_GhazzyTV" https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ghazzy/characters for his actual current gear/gem setup.

"
Tusenfryd wrote:
What are the benefit of your guide over leary's?

Leary's build uses Shavs :P

They are not that different, but Leary gears and builds as a support summoner for groups, with resistance auras in prism guardian, so it reserves life. Ghazzy's build works pretty good as a solo summoner, with hybrid life/es (es on mana with mom) to make you tanky while spectres kill everything.

Both are good, but if you don't have a shavs or a high-level group of friends, you're gonna get more bang for your buck with this build.

Btw, thanks again for the build and advice on stream, Ghazzy! My summoner is the most fun I had in a while in poe :3

Cheers for helping out! :)

Glad you like my work and time <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Great build so far. I always wanted to play a summoner and this seems to be working although im not even in cruel yet.

Was looking through the tree paths and noticed that you removed the 2 int nodes between Lord of the Dead and a life node in the witch's starting area and used those 2 for 2 int nodes between the energy shield and jewel node in the area between witch and scion (right side). Is there a reason for it? You don't really need to do that since you aren't going further down the right side of the scion area.
By the way, not sure if it is mentioned in the guide, but I use Animate Guardian in my +2 Helmet with minion life linked (and zombies + fortify atm) and it never even gets damaged, even on bosses (not on high-tier maps yet). He's wearing Leer Cast + Dying Breath, giving my minions quite a buff, and debuffing enemies to get more curse effects (also making them easily visible). Rest is some random life/armor gear I got for 1 alch each/had lying around anyway.

Pretty good if you have the free socket.
How do you use chaos golem with the Beacon of Corruption ascendancy?
Loving this build so far. Not much time with it yet, only just got to Cruel A4, just farming Dried Lake before pushing through Dreams and Malachai. Also my first time since Nemesis giving hardcore a shot!

I have a 5L Vis Mortis waiting for me at 59, so I'm all set there. Just using a Tabula until then. Two questions, though:

1. I noticed in your build right now, Ghazzy, that you're using Necromantic Aegis with Victario's Charity. How's that been working out for you so far? I figure the damage from the charges is nuts, but I wasn't sure if the loss of the defenses from the shield hurts in the long run or not, especially in hardcore.

2. Now that Beacon of Corruption is fixed, do you think it's worth picking up as a sixth point from Merc Lab? Seems amazing for Atziri/Uber Atziri, but wasn't sure if it's really worth grabbing for just general clear speed or not.
Spectres automatically update now since they removed snapshot, if you just take out Spell Echo when you summon and put it back in it works fine.

You can test this by taking it out and putting it back in in combat, even if you didn't summon with Spell Echo putting it in will result in the Flame Sentinels shooting twice every time.
What is a good alt to aurumvorax? I have one i new league but I hate them. Negative rarity is kiss of death in new league; I have enough trouble finding decent gear.

Also, if you didn't have to run purity auras, any, what would be THE best offensive?

Thanks in advance.
Censored.
I ran a t9 residence today with this build fully geared with a 6L mortis and my specters / zombies literally got trashed. I didnt even resummon and just took off my gear and deleted the character. Is this build really not t9 viable?
Just a question. If you can cast you skills off the little mana that is left why would u take EB/MOM/ZO. im currently 4k hp/ 3.3k ES and having a hard time why i would ever want to spec into those keystones.
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info