[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

To give an update- things are going well now. Ill be replacing bloodseeker soon (probably when I wake up lol) just for more damage. I imagine that the additional dps will make up for lack of instant leeching, given the fact that the life leech will be higher due to the higher damage.

Today, I beat yellow elder (and his guardians), as well as normal atziri (for first time- im confident I could do 'uber' too, since her moves are roughly the same), dodging them wasn't too hard after a few practice runs. I have a couple exalt now, so ill def. upgrade my claw to a 300pdps if I can (may be a tiny bit short) with the 1.75aps/7.5 crit.

Ill work the hp up more as well- itll be a bit at a time, since getting ones with the exact resists ill need seems to be weirdly pricey now (I guess I got lucky, cuz the stuff I had was all like 10c or under, mostly under-)

This build is amazing though- thank you very much. I've been having a ton of fun- my last build was a srs witch, which.. while fun, was a bit too passive for me I think- this is my highest level character ever, and im nowhere near bored of the build- so i'm going all in. I did uber lab 3 times as well with relative ease (I failed once cuz I got cocky and decided to try whirling blades past a buncha bleed things, and forgot my staunching flask has one use lol.)

If im to be honest, I think I prefer this to the 'easier' builds that let me just idly stand there, or basically play themselves- while its definitely a challenge learning these fights, I enjoy a challenge- it also feels really good when I get a fight down to a science (like the atziri one- i dont forsee dying to that unless I'm dumb and trying whirling blade out of her enhanced flame blast again-- I didnt realize that targets mobs rather than location lol..)
Last edited by Asellia on Jan 2, 2018, 9:22:57 AM
"
Asellia wrote:
To give an update- things are going well now. Ill be replacing bloodseeker soon (probably when I wake up lol) just for more damage. I imagine that the additional dps will make up for lack of instant leeching, given the fact that the life leech will be higher due to the higher damage.

Today, I beat yellow elder (and his guardians), as well as normal atziri (for first time- im confident I could do 'uber' too, since her moves are roughly the same), dodging them wasn't too hard after a few practice runs. I have a couple exalt now, so ill def. upgrade my claw to a 300pdps if I can (may be a tiny bit short) with the 1.75aps/7.5 crit.

Ill work the hp up more as well- itll be a bit at a time, since getting ones with the exact resists ill need seems to be weirdly pricey now (I guess I got lucky, cuz the stuff I had was all like 10c or under, mostly under-)

This build is amazing though- thank you very much. I've been having a ton of fun- my last build was a srs witch, which.. while fun, was a bit too passive for me I think- this is my highest level character ever, and im nowhere near bored of the build- so i'm going all in. I did uber lab 3 times as well with relative ease (I failed once cuz I got cocky and decided to try whirling blades past a buncha bleed things, and forgot my staunching flask has one use lol.)

If im to be honest, I think I prefer this to the 'easier' builds that let me just idly stand there, or basically play themselves- while its definitely a challenge learning these fights, I enjoy a challenge- it also feels really good when I get a fight down to a science (like the atziri one- i dont forsee dying to that unless I'm dumb and trying whirling blade out of her enhanced flame blast again-- I didnt realize that targets mobs rather than location lol..)

you could replace that sanctified life flask with a good stibnite or if you want to spend the money...taste of hate is ideal.

your bottom jewel could be better and you should be able to get a good 3-stat jewel for 10c or less.

i agree with you regarding the build. i love "actively playing". i had throwing something out there and waiting or excessive micromanagement of things that aren't "me". that's why i prefer to not use totems and i like to have everything as passive as possible so that i can just focus on my own mechanics. it really does become a science and it's extremely rewarding when you learn the exact style of play and moments to attack, whirl, pop certain flasks, etc...and it's so fucking fast and brutal. the only things that have ever kept up with me in terms of clearing a map have been retarded DPS crit rangers that can just shoot ahead of me and have passive movement speed that's off the charts.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

your characters are hidden so i can't see anything. sucks that they are going for that much now. i think DS is more popular this league. say_ten effect? haha...doubtful. but i think i bought my first one a few leagues ago for 2ex.

what's your life pool? what's your dps? what are you dying to? need to see all your gear.

Whoops, they shouldn't be hidden now. Yeah, only one I've seen pop up in the past week He lowered it from 8 to 5ex. It does seem a bit easier to farm chaos orbs this season compared to last. I think my biggest issue is my life pool, but it's difficult to get it much higher unless I need to change my tree. I'm back to almost nothing after buying BoR, I need to save up for better boots and gloves, but I'm not sure what else I need to change.

5,187 hp

15490 dps(with HoA/Hatred enabled)

Honestly not sure other than some bosses that seem to one-shot me even after fortify is up and Rumis is popped, it just seems random sometimes.
noob question: is wild strike "OK" to replace dual strike on this build? got a wild strike mod in uber lab.

this is my first character so my knowledge is limited to the skills posted in this thread :D

if not how much can i sell bor w/ wild strike increase dmg?
Last edited by higgsbson on Jan 3, 2018, 6:30:00 AM
"
friedtofu wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

your characters are hidden so i can't see anything. sucks that they are going for that much now. i think DS is more popular this league. say_ten effect? haha...doubtful. but i think i bought my first one a few leagues ago for 2ex.

what's your life pool? what's your dps? what are you dying to? need to see all your gear.

Whoops, they shouldn't be hidden now. Yeah, only one I've seen pop up in the past week He lowered it from 8 to 5ex. It does seem a bit easier to farm chaos orbs this season compared to last. I think my biggest issue is my life pool, but it's difficult to get it much higher unless I need to change my tree. I'm back to almost nothing after buying BoR, I need to save up for better boots and gloves, but I'm not sure what else I need to change.

5,187 hp

15490 dps(with HoA/Hatred enabled)

Honestly not sure other than some bosses that seem to one-shot me even after fortify is up and Rumis is popped, it just seems random sometimes.

assume you mean 155k? or are you reading that in town? your dps in your hideout with no charges should be at least 100k on dual strike.

your amulet is fucking boss and your rings are decent enough too. your weapons dont have crit but they should make up for that with the extra pdps over the unique stuff. boots are decent enough but need a better enchant. gloves really need flat phys on them if you want to push your dps.

belt is not going to cut it. find a stygian with at least 80 life and 60% worth of resists and then put one good jewel in there with life and damage and whatever else you can find/need.

you need to make sure your resists are at least 75%. not sure if you are a newer player but it takes time to understand WTF is going on with this game. everything is so fast and you just have to know what to do and when...or simply to GTFO if you can't process everything. better safe than sorry.

life flask is fine, though with divine you'd get more life back. i have some i can sell you cheap if you need. you're also not running a basalt flask and i'm going to slap you silly for that. they are OP. get one.

tree is mostly fine. bottom jewel could be a little better. but you can mess with that in time. you should also be able to refund the leech nodes under the duelist area since you took soul raker and have insane life and mana on hit currently. use those 4 nodes to either get your more DPS by going to Strong Arm or a ton more life by going to Constitution. (5200 life is not terrible btw).

just make sure you are always fortifying and popping flasks in crowds.

are you getting enough power charges without assassin's mark? keep in mind that gives you life and mana on kill too, which will definitely add to survivability in certain situations

i think i gave you a lot to do haha. report back!
"
higgsbson wrote:
noob question: is wild strike "OK" to replace dual strike on this build? got a wild strike mod in uber lab.

this is my first character so my knowledge is limited to the skills posted in this thread :D

sup

yes, you can use wild strike instead of dual strike. don't really have to change anything either, except i wouldn't use might and influence (unique jewel) if you're not using DS =D.

BoR with WS damage enchant...depends on the roll of the BoR and whether you got it from merc lab or uber. but decent rolled BoR with either would be worth at least an exalt, maybe 2.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
higgsbson wrote:

sup

yes, you can use wild strike instead of dual strike. don't really have to change anything either, except i wouldn't use might and influence (unique jewel) if you're not using DS =D.

BoR with WS damage enchant...depends on the roll of the BoR and whether you got it from merc lab or uber. but decent rolled BoR with either would be worth at least an exalt, maybe 2.

maybe ill just sell it and buy better gear. I really love playing this character. thanks man as always you're a great help for noobs like me :D \m/
Hey, i've followed your guide and learned a lot with this build. This is the first time i get this far on the game.

I am still learning about affixes that's why i need to ask, what is the next thing i should focus on to improve in my character?

Thanks again for this guide.
"
higgsbson wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
higgsbson wrote:

sup

maybe ill just sell it and buy better gear. I really love playing this character. thanks man as always you're a great help for noobs like me :D \m/

roll is decent enough that you could even bump it to 3ex if you're not in a rush. if you get a lot of people messaging you ASAP, you know it's too cheap haha.
"
MyNameIsLarK wrote:
Hey, i've followed your guide and learned a lot with this build. This is the first time i get this far on the game.

I am still learning about affixes that's why i need to ask, what is the next thing i should focus on to improve in my character?

Thanks again for this guide.

the crafted elemental damage on your gemini claw could probably be something better. i'd weigh the options and cost but worst case just leave it.

i'd get rid of your wise oak and kiara's determination and follow my flask guide more closely. the fact that you are running around without an anti-bleed flask is shocking to me.

tree is fine. your bottom jewel could be better. you should be able to find a jewel with life and at least 2 damage stats for like 10c or less. everything else has to be incrementally improved. you could temporarily ditch your left unset ring and your vaal skill for a steel ring or a diamond ring with proper stats.

you could also try a better (more dps) weapon than bloodseeker...even a wasp nest is dirt cheap but will outperform it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info