[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Hi, great guide, I am really enjoying it.

This is my first post in this Forum and I am not a native English speaker, but I hope you will understand me nevertheless and you can give me some advises.

I play most of the time solo, and all my gear is found or crafted by myself in the current breach league, now I found Wings of Entropy and it gave me a huge boost to dmg. The possibility for another 6L isn’t the worst either, but I will be happy if I get a 5L at some point. Before that I played with claws or daggers and I could use Whirling Blades, with Wings of Entropy I obviously can’t. Can you suggest me another good movement skill? Leap Slam is an option, but I am not sure yet. Although Whirling Blades had the benefit of activating Fortify, which I miss now too.

I have finished the story on merciless 2 days ago, and except for Malachai I could really face tank more or less everything (Malachai I honestly died through, not sure how to beat him regularly yet. I have 3.8k life on Level 72, which is probably a bit low, but even with 5k I am not sure if I could beat him without dying).
Hello Say_Ten and folks,

first off I wanted to say, that the build is extremely enjoyable! The shadow is my first char and this build fits just the way I like to slay :)

I am level 78, res are capped, got the BoR, got two Touch of Anguish, life is at 3.6k.

Still got some trouble having enough phys damage, life and res at the same time on my equip, but comes time comes currency, right?

One thing made me wondering though, whether I focused on some wrong aspects (in equip mainly). My lightning strike deals way more damage than my dual strike (35k DS against 45k LS with full charges, HoA and Hatred and without flasks). Even against single opponents/bosses it seems as if my LS fells them much faster.
Have I overlooked something in the stats, is that normal at my current lvl or do I just need more phys dmg on my equip?

Thanks for your reply,
SirPac

SirPac,

Because your dual strike is not in the BoR sockets. Having assassin mark and cast on hit in the BoR is a waste. You're not using the passive skill supports to their advantage.

Hope that helps.
Oh, of course! ...Palm to face... Should have read the properties of BoR more carefully!

Thanks a lot!

P.S. That leads me to another question: does LS have to be in the TouchOfAnguish sockets in order to profit from the free chain?
Last edited by SirPac on Jan 25, 2017, 8:18:28 AM
To SirPac,

No LS can be anywhere to proc the chains. I had a face-palm moment too for this build lol. I put LS in the BoR for more damage and Dual strike with Assasin's mark together...that setup was super inefficient due to my mana running out all the time. And then I finally went back to Say_Ten's set up...it is vastly more mana efficient.
"
poojis wrote:
Hi again, Great guide and I am using Belly of the beast right now with 5L until I get to 68. Facing tanking everything.

Few things I noticed on my char (jhincritdiebeautifully), equipping soultaker siege axes gave me a huge boost to movement. No mana issues on Whirling Blades, LS or Dual Strike which is a huge boost and you can cap auras if you want and either keep it at 75 for golems (Finished Cruel in few hours lol). Next step is to replace my sword with claw as you suggested and that would add some survability to my char.

Right now sitting at 30k dps for dual strike and 12k LS unbuffed. So I am asking your suggestions to improve on my char and gear. Please comment.

Atziri's Promise
Better rolled BoR
Taste of Hate if you want to spend the money
Better weapons if you want to spend the money

Can't see your tree on my phone so I'm not sure if it's 100% efficient but if you are taking extra INT or resists you can swap them for life or damage.
"
Flash2 wrote:
Hi, great guide, I am really enjoying it.

This is my first post in this Forum and I am not a native English speaker, but I hope you will understand me nevertheless and you can give me some advises.

I play most of the time solo, and all my gear is found or crafted by myself in the current breach league, now I found Wings of Entropy and it gave me a huge boost to dmg. The possibility for another 6L isn’t the worst either, but I will be happy if I get a 5L at some point. Before that I played with claws or daggers and I could use Whirling Blades, with Wings of Entropy I obviously can’t. Can you suggest me another good movement skill? Leap Slam is an option, but I am not sure yet. Although Whirling Blades had the benefit of activating Fortify, which I miss now too.

I have finished the story on merciless 2 days ago, and except for Malachai I could really face tank more or less everything (Malachai I honestly died through, not sure how to beat him regularly yet. I have 3.8k life on Level 72, which is probably a bit low, but even with 5k I am not sure if I could beat him without dying).

Avoiding death in this game comes down to playing smart most of the time since you can get one shot or two shot in less than a second (no time to react).

Wings of entropy isn't a bad choice if you were going to try to stack poison instead of more crit. Touch of anguish claws will keep you alive better and should boost your physical damage quite a bit due to the higher crit chance.

If you are going have to stick with WoE, leap slam is your only option, which sucks but is still marginally useable. As you mentioned, you are also missing out on more linked sockets for skills. Two claws = two 3L vs the 4L weapon you have now.

Above all get better gear. Your best item is the BoR, which is an excellent roll. Everything else needs more everything haha.
"
blizz99 wrote:
To SirPac,

No LS can be anywhere to proc the chains. I had a face-palm moment too for this build lol. I put LS in the BoR for more damage and Dual strike with Assasin's mark together...that setup was super inefficient due to my mana running out all the time. And then I finally went back to Say_Ten's set up...it is vastly more mana efficient.

Thank you for answering SirPac...you are correct on both accounts
Could this be viable with dual sword usage too? Im really not fond of claws.. thanks! :)
"
CarachVectus wrote:
Could this be viable with dual sword usage too? Im really not fond of claws.. thanks! :)

Yes, you can dual wield whatever you want

Daggers would be highest DPS if you took the dagger tree nodes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info