[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
HeyBros wrote:
I just hit lvl 67 and despite having looked forward to being able to use BoR, I'm now doubting whether I should. My best BoR gives me 600 armor, 850 evasion and 200 life. I'm wearing Starkonjas and Daresso's Defiance, which give me 1350 armor, 1850 evasion and 132 life, as well as some extra protections on low life. I also have a 5L Belly of the Beast as an option for level 68 but I'm not sure if the extra life is worth the reduced armor/evasion. It might be a noob trap, but having a little armor makes me feel a lot safer for the times evasion fails.

I realize that BoR will give me a significant DPS boost but I don't feel like I'm lacking DPS at all. I'll also be able to equip dual Touch of Anguish in one level for a huge DPS boost anyway. I play HC so I've already deviated a bit from the passive tree, grabbing a few life nodes in place of damage, and am in general more concerned about survivability than anything else - especially since this is the first time I've made it this far in the game.

I guess my question is, is there a compelling reason for me to use BoR at this point?

Belly of the beast is for sure better than Daresso's Defiance.

Yes, armor is a noob trap. The best sources of physical damage mitigation for this build are Basalt Flask, Taste Of Hate, Endurance charges (I really recommend using the enduring cry since you are going to use belly and have some free sockets). The best sources of evasion are jade flask(+% evasion + %effectiveness mods) and stibnite flask. I suggest you to run jade, stibnite, basalt flasks + 2 flex. Later you can upgrade stibnite into Sin's Rebirth, swap jade for the Taste of Hate and personally I would've keep Basalt all the way. btw don't use touch of anguish, the wasp nest + the bloodseeker is the kings' setup (i'm serious)

>is there a compelling reason for me to use BoR at this point?
Nope. 5link the belly (DS - Melee physical - Multistrike - Ruthless - Maim) + The Starkonja's Head are better.

Personal advice, that I got after playing a few characters on the hardcore mode. Yes, survivability is important, but don't overdo it. Spending one second to one shot the monster pack is better than wasting 3 seconds, but having extra 500 life. You will get a lot of extra damage just because you can't kill stuff in the right time.

in the incursion league i died 3 times while being low lvl farming (~85) bcs moscow server is the clown fiesta.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Dec 10, 2018, 10:07:23 AM
"

Thanks for the reply.

Would you still say Belly is better even if I don't need the resists? Is the 50% flask recovery really good or something? Cause otherwise it just takes me from 3.3k to 3.7k life. I feel like the increased armor/eva, endurance charges and extra leech are all pretty valuable. I also have a hard time using flasks appropriately, I'm not good at using them before I take a hit so the mitigation provided by Daresso's is at least guaranteed.

Can you explain why Bloodseeker/Wasp is better than dual Anguish? The benefit of instant leech on BS is obvious, and I guess the potential added chaos damage is the point of Wasp? Although that would only really work for bosses. Anguish has more raw damage, higher crit chance and frenzy charges, which I could potentially combine with the Snakebite gloves.

And yeah I agree on not focusing too hard on defense, especially with a build like this, but I've felt like I had an excessive amount of damage for the past 30 levels or so, lol.
"
Runvast wrote:
"

Anyone else have problem with the pastebin link?

:(

It works but the tree is not there, the leveling trees in the written guide seems to be updated to 3.5, I just filled the tree out using the lvl ~100 points tree.

sorry, didn't update that yet, been slow to start this league

the main tree at the top and leveling trees are updated. go old school for now.
"
HeyBros wrote:
"

Thanks for the reply.

Would you still say Belly is better even if I don't need the resists? Is the 50% flask recovery really good or something? Cause otherwise it just takes me from 3.3k to 3.7k life. I feel like the increased armor/eva, endurance charges and extra leech are all pretty valuable. I also have a hard time using flasks appropriately, I'm not good at using them before I take a hit so the mitigation provided by Daresso's is at least guaranteed.

Can you explain why Bloodseeker/Wasp is better than dual Anguish? The benefit of instant leech on BS is obvious, and I guess the potential added chaos damage is the point of Wasp? Although that would only really work for bosses. Anguish has more raw damage, higher crit chance and frenzy charges, which I could potentially combine with the Snakebite gloves.

And yeah I agree on not focusing too hard on defense, especially with a build like this, but I've felt like I had an excessive amount of damage for the past 30 levels or so, lol.

belly with the resists too is better. opens up DPS on gloves and jewelry. daresso's isn't a terrible option if it's 6L but i would take a BoR over that, especially the new one.

bloodseeker allows instant leech, wasp nest is fast with high crit. major benefit of ToA is chain with a slight benefit of the cold damage. i still run two wasp nest because they are cheap af and you can do that until you're over level 90. don't use snakebite unless you are choosing to not use another unique item. uniques are usually not better than really good rare items.

what are you getting raped with? are you trying to run maps at 67? grind the easiest content possible if you are still learning the game mechanics and how to play this character
"
Say_Ten wrote:
belly with the resists too is better. opens up DPS on gloves and jewelry. daresso's isn't a terrible option if it's 6L but i would take a BoR over that, especially the new one.

bloodseeker allows instant leech, wasp nest is fast with high crit. major benefit of ToA is chain with a slight benefit of the cold damage. i still run two wasp nest because they are cheap af and you can do that until you're over level 90. don't use snakebite unless you are choosing to not use another unique item. uniques are usually not better than really good rare items.

what are you getting raped with? are you trying to run maps at 67? grind the easiest content possible if you are still learning the game mechanics and how to play this character

Oh, I'm not struggling at all, Doedre in A8 got a bit hairy, except for that I've been stomping everything since lvl 30-40, haha. Not running maps yet, just got to A10.

I already have two ToA and since I play in standard HC, it's hard to get anything through trade. Bloodseeker seems more appealing for the instant leech, though I don't feel like I'm struggling with leech. But if the main reason to get Wasp's nest is that it's cheap, I'm better off sticking with what I have already. If there's some other reason it's better than ToA then I don't mind trying to buy it and test it out myself. I will try out Belly though.

And yes, I am looking to replace a unique set of gloves. I hear ya on freeing up resists from other items to get more DPS, currently I'm a bit locked into certain items to meet INT requirement and a side effect of that is that I'm almost 30% over my resists cap. It'd be a bit easier if trading was more active, but I guess I might be able to craft something with the new system.
"
HeyBros wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Oh, I'm not struggling at all, Doedre in A8 got a bit hairy, except for that I've been stomping everything since lvl 30-40, haha. Not running maps yet, just got to A10.

I already have two ToA and since I play in standard HC, it's hard to get anything through trade. Bloodseeker seems more appealing for the instant leech, though I don't feel like I'm struggling with leech. But if the main reason to get Wasp's nest is that it's cheap, I'm better off sticking with what I have already. If there's some other reason it's better than ToA then I don't mind trying to buy it and test it out myself. I will try out Belly though.

And yes, I am looking to replace a unique set of gloves. I hear ya on freeing up resists from other items to get more DPS, currently I'm a bit locked into certain items to meet INT requirement and a side effect of that is that I'm almost 30% over my resists cap. It'd be a bit easier if trading was more active, but I guess I might be able to craft something with the new system.

The Bloodseeker allows you to faceroll everything that cannot one shot you. It is the best off-hand for the Dual Strike in my opinion. For example, character that I'm going to build in the new league (one more dual strike trickster with new theorycraft trash ideas eksdee) has 20k life leech / on hit rate with the bloodseeker and only one 1k with the ~300 pDPS claw. I would've prefer 20k life leech over 200k DPS with the higher DPS claw. Attack speed on ToA sucks so I would've never use it, I suggest The Wasp nest or the Allure as a main hand option till ~300+ pDPS claw or good elder's claw with ~270+ pDPS.

Shaper's gloves is extremely cheap and efficient for the build.

Turn off the "hide characters tab" setting and we might be able to help you.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Dec 11, 2018, 2:38:00 AM
Cheers, I bought a Bloodseeker and an Allure, and might get a Wasp's nest and Shaper's touch as well.

"
Attack speed on ToA sucks so I would've never use it, I suggest The Wasp nest or the Allure

ToA has a higher attack speed than Allure though? Wasp Nest is faster but still lower pDPS. I'm still not seeing what makes the Wasp Nest better.

DPS tanked after replacing my offhand ToA with the BS but that is to be expected. I did find some decent gloves but it looks like Shaper's touch would be better.

I made my characters public now.
Last edited by HeyBros on Dec 11, 2018, 3:08:52 PM
"
HeyBros wrote:
Cheers, I bought a Bloodseeker and an Allure, and might get a Wasp's nest and Shaper's touch as well.

"
Attack speed on ToA sucks so I would've never use it, I suggest The Wasp nest or the Allure

ToA has a higher attack speed than Allure though? Wasp Nest is faster but still lower pDPS. I'm still not seeing what makes the Wasp Nest better.

DPS tanked after replacing my offhand ToA with the BS but that is to be expected. I did find some decent gloves but it looks like Shaper's touch would be better.

I made my characters public now.

The Allure feels good because you can possibly run 3 vaal skills, so phasing is active almost everytime and it adds some comfort. If you don't wanna use vaal skills just drop it and use the Wasp Nest.

Ye, shaper's touch is better than this. Change flasks. They make no sense. Life - diamond - jade - stibnite - basalt and you will see the difference. Get better jewels with 6-7% life or craft them.

Some things about skills:
1. Add Enfeeble to the CWDT setup.
2. Swap Faster Attacks for Multistrike in Lightning Strike setup. You can also drop curse on hit - assassin's mark for elemental damage - ancestral call if you want clear speed, otherwise keep it.
3. Flame Dash and Flicker strike are fine for the mobility but they're omega bad compared to Vaal Grace / Endurying Cry / Vaal Dual Strike
4. You don't have Blood Rage ?????
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Dec 12, 2018, 3:11:19 AM
Say currency isn't a problem, is it possible to reach 6.5k hp while maintaining the dps? Perhaps other chests/boots/helmets?
"
SoZIr2stromk wrote:
Say currency isn't a problem, is it possible to reach 6.5k hp while maintaining the dps? Perhaps other chests/boots/helmets?

With the Bringer of Rain and average hp on other items you base hp is going to be around ~1.9k-2k at lvl 90+.
With full Constitution circle and hp nodes near the Ranger starting point %inc life from tree is going to be 206% and total life around 6.2k-6.3k. With the Starkonja's head (87 life) and the belly (36%) it's 6.5k-6.6k life, with the Perfect form 6.1k-6.2k, with the Loreweave 6k-6.1k, dunno what other chests you wanna use.

PoB skill tree (Acrobatics version) that I used for an example: http://poeurl.com/ccuT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info