[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

So many positive comments on this build and I like the way it looks. Trying it now but I'm going to deviate and try dual Innsbury's Edges to see how they pan out and snag 1 or 2 of the life leech nodes below the Duelist if needed. If it doesn't work out I"ll respec to claws easily. Not to mention I haven't used Dual Strike since a short time after beta so now's a good time!
Say_ten i have a question

With the new revamp of vaal skills, we gonna need to change some support gems to get maximum profit? or the base build dont gonna receive changes.
/
Last edited by bjornharx on Aug 2, 2018, 5:55:32 AM
"
toutlavie92 wrote:
Say_ten i have a question

With the new revamp of vaal skills, we gonna need to change some support gems to get maximum profit? or the base build dont gonna receive changes.

bullet is correct for the most part but here are some thoughts:

vaal double strike was always pretty decent but it seems like they are buffing the shit out of it and since we have insane weapon damage, it may prove to be really useful.

also, in general, the fact that we can gain uses from boss fights is great since now we can (maybe?) count on that, including during lab fights.

i think overall it should make vaal skills more useful and available. bosses are the most dangerous content but if you cant get vaal souls in a boss fight it's stupid to carry that shit around. plus in some cases, specific to this build, it's like:

vaal haste in an unset ring vs. a steel ring. steel ring is going to likely get you more damage during a single fight so why even waste your time with vaal haste? the changes to vaal skills may outweigh some of that.

hell i could even see a vaal double strike build coming.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
vaal haste in an unset ring vs. a steel ring. steel ring is going to likely get you more damage during a single fight so why even waste your time with vaal haste? the changes to vaal skills may outweigh some of that.

Vaal Grace is bae
"
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Vaal Grace is bae

i didn't talk about that on purpose because you can't get the effects of that from a ring or pretty much anything else

also, i agree
do someone have a Path of building setup for the build?
"
I'd say why don't you wait till we know exactly what new skills get thrown into the pot, which changes ARE actually coming in 3.3 and HOW they effect gameplay.

It's like asking whether you should use a new OS on your computer, without nowing what that OS will be, what programs it'll support and IF the OS is even released.

Simply makes no sense.

We have no idea if it'll be possible to link -for example- IC with CWDT when they merge it with the vaal-version, as the vaal version wouldn't work with cwdt.

Best case: vaal-version now does work with cwdt
More likely: IC continues to work with, vaal-version continues to not work with cwdt
Worst case: both stop working with cwdt

You see where this is going?

damn mad boy go home and eat a snicker please ~ I posted that because i see the vall LS video ~ and i'm really new to the game i don't know most of the mechanics.

"
hell i could even see a vaal double strike build coming.

So we need to wait until the patch is released right? He Say ~ i'm following your guide from the start since my shadow is my first PoE character. What can i improve in terms of itemization? Sorry for the potatoe english.
"
So we need to wait until the patch is released right? He Say ~ i'm following your guide from the start since my shadow is my first PoE character. What can i improve in terms of itemization? Sorry for the potatoe english

Your char is hidden
/
Last edited by bjornharx on Aug 2, 2018, 5:55:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info