The lab was the final nail

"
goetzjam wrote:

"
You are not everyone. That applies to the rest too. Your way of seeing things is not universal, nor necessarily right.

You can't blame the engine or something when it clearly can't be an engine issue if it works for various people.

Man this is like hiding dust under the carpet.
It's not an Xbox game where you can safely say that if it works for you it works for everyone.

It's a PC game, so should work safely on a certain range of PC builds.
There are difference in hardware pieces, win versions, resolutions that the game is supposed to support.

Not even GGG hides the fact that this launch had been heaps of technical issues and have been very fair about that.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
goetzjam wrote
"
You can't blame the engine or something when it clearly can't be an engine issue if it works for various people.

I dont really know what you mean here, seems to be an engine maybe networking issue, 2.2 is worse for many ppl performance wise me included.
Fhark wrote:
as for the lab i dont have a problem with running it in under 10mins its just content that hasnt given me and many other players anything (well i do like the ascendency classes)

Kamil wrote
"
Reward from lab is very big
- asc class that is very strong
- item enchantments that are very strong

If rewards wouldn't be so big no one would complain that they have to play lab to get that rewards.

I meant that its not much content for about 8 months, theres one new non unique map which sucks. The rest is some stuff most players will race through as quickly as possible. Personally im seeing more players leave then before.
CI can do the lab. it is harder than for life builds - but you guys know what? deal with it. CI has easier in other parts. and noone forces anybody to FARM Lab as CI. but you can easily do it 3 times and be on your way. complaining about it is just whining for an easy mode

people with class cannons getting wrecked by a no chicken-tp-out mechanics - tough luck. but you know guys - make a better build. people are constantly completing the Lab with self found gear, beat Izaro and they do not even feel proud about that because noone ever told them that it is 'impossible'/particularly difficult

people with DC - are you playing Chain/Fork? because these two are sources of my performance issues (network related). I have DC'ed twice - both were realm-wide crashes

if someone finds this game too hard (and cover it with 'not fun') i understand that this content is to weed out players with l2p issues and glassy-cannonish mindset that can only survive rolling easy maps and offscreening everything (and calling it skill/good build)
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
Imo problem with this boss is it makes the game totally unfun because if u arent playing a cookiecuter build then u gonna hav a really bad time trying to kill izaro.

Also its so newbie unfriendly because u must literally invest 80% or even 90% of your skill points ( depending on the build ) in life nodes if u want to stand a chance agains merciless izaro and even probably cruel ( again depending on build ).

So new players doesnt know this and they will probably make a balance between life and dps then they get stomped by izaro.

I dont really know why they lock the ascendancy classes behind this content that totally punish time, fun and newbie players.

I do think the laberynth is not that boring after you reach level 80 and become strong but before that point its a total nightmare specially if you are using a pure ES build or a glass cannon.
Lol no.

I tanked a slam at 3.2k HP to test his slam damage on my shadow and survived it with zero physical mitigation, entirely evasion. You can live through a slam with no mods up easily, being armour or ES makes it easier because of your mitigations, reductions or in ES' case absurdly large life pool.

Izaro doesnt take a cookie cutter build to do at all, i went into the new expansion completely blind to the new skills and tree and have no issues doing him and making my own build.

Soo many excuses, lmao.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Firestrike_O wrote:
It's just so fucking boring

Exactly. The Lab is mind numbingly, painfully boring. If not for the Ascendancy bonuses I wouldn't even bother doing it.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
It's not that easy, and you would lie to yourself saying otherwise.

No, the lab is not easy. If it was easy, it would be boring. And boring is not good for a game.

Problem is, once you get high enough in level, the lab actually does get easy, the traps being the only thing that is still somewhat challenging.

It is easy. I don't even bother doing it until I'm over levelled so I can do it as quickly as possible. It's boring as batshit. normal and cruel is anyway....
Last edited by Brussel_Sprout on Mar 17, 2016, 2:20:34 PM
Of course it will be boring if you overlevel ;).

Other than that, I find it to be the most interesting content in POE so far, besides Atziri, because it forces you to pay attention to your surroundings. It also gives you choices that affect the later stages of Izaro (get that trinket, allow him to keep one portal to have mobs to fill your flasks, get that key from Argus, ...). Some dungeons are a bit badly dark though and could do with some torches or something on the walls, especially in the trap sections.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Some dungeons are a bit badly dark though and could do with some torches or something on the walls, especially in the trap sections.

Or...use the mythical light radius affix...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
"
Firestrike_O wrote:
It's just so fucking boring

Exactly. The Lab is mind numbingly, painfully boring. If not for the Ascendancy bonuses I wouldn't even bother doing it.

got two stacks of chisels and like 30c currency wise just doing 4 key runs while trying to get my last enchant for challenge
today is corrupting shrine, hey free divines.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 18, 2016, 5:03:33 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
esides Atziri

with current game state, it gets from 0 to 1 minion phases and is basically being oneshot.
uber is somewhat challengig still.
No rest for the wicked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info