The lab was the final nail

Slow down? Is this for real right now? Movement skills WB flame dash etc I do 5-8 min labs runs like a boss lol

Why don't you do that? Mainly movement skills make that place fast.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 16, 2016, 5:00:29 PM
"
Slow down? Is this for real right now? Movement skills WB flame dash etc I do 5-8 min labs runs like a boss lol

You totally missed the point, The lab just isn't fun for alot of us. You can sit there on your pedestal being all high and mighty because "i do 5-8 min lab runs" all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the lab just isn't fun, If you find it fun then i'm happy for you but personally i don't. Fyi I did use flame dash in the 1 run i did, Still doesn't make it anymore fun than just wandering through without flame dash.
"
"

You totally missed the point, The lab just isn't fun for alot of us. You can sit there on your pedestal being all high and mighty because "i do 5-8 min lab runs" all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the lab just isn't fun, If you find it fun then i'm happy for you but personally i don't. Fyi I did use flame dash in the 1 run i did, Still doesn't make it anymore fun than just wandering through without flame dash.

you complain lab is not fun because it slow you down

you can use movment skill to skip traps and make gameplay even faster

you decide to not use movement skill and complain that lab is not fun

Don't ask to make game easier, ask how you can make your character better. Making good character is what game is about, if you don't enjoy it stop playing.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 16, 2016, 5:54:03 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
"

you complain lab is not fun because it slow you down

you can use movment skill to skip traps and make gameplay even faster

you decide to not use movement skill and complain that lab is not fun

Don't ask to make game easier, ask how you can make your character better. Making good character is what game is about, if you don't enjoy it stop playing.

Should i have to use a movement skill to make something fun?
How did i ask to make the game easier? I didn't ask for traps to be re-tuned or izaro toned down. I did however ask for there to be another way implemented to get the points, I wouldn't call that making the game easier i'd call that making the precious ascendancy points accessible without having to slog through boring content for any amount of time.

I can tell you're an elitist which is why i'm done talking to you, My opinions are wrong because i'm not an elitist i get it.
Last edited by Braindead1010562 on Mar 16, 2016, 6:09:50 PM
This game draws in a Niche crowd. This labyrinth style gameplay is it's own Niche genre on it's own. So a lot of people are going to hate it including me. This is not what I look for in a action rpg especially on hardcore. You can defend the labyrinth all you want but the fact is a lot of people don't like this sort of content and never will. It's not that it's too hard it's the fact that it is tedious and simply is not fun at all.
"
shoc wrote:
This game draws in a Niche crowd. This labyrinth style gameplay is it's own Niche genre on it's own. So a lot of people are going to hate it including me. This is not what I look for in a action rpg especially on hardcore. You can defend the labyrinth all you want but the fact is a lot of people don't like this sort of content and never will. It's not that it's too hard it's the fact that it is tedious and simply is not fun at all.

That is what i was getting at, It's not the difficulty thats the problem.
Agree 100% OP with your post. OFC lab is trivial if you're GG or play lab centric builds but it's a massive time waster if you're a normal. Maps always been a huge issue recycling same boring and medium level ones.

Game just has too many tedious artificial road blocks on progression now.

My suggestion is give 6 portals for lab like maps. People play Soft core because they don't want to waste their time playing. Labs takes soft core away. You indeed waste 30 min-1hr for each fail. Not to mention can't trade. Can't answer phones calls or other RL distractions.

Maps - well I've always said boss should drop map level you're on or map +1. Doubt they'll change that though. Maps are currency sink for the rich they say. Doesnt work because rich get richer running high maps with good loot but they think it does haha. All it really does is make many player say fuck this, bye, when they run into a bad RNG streak.

I find I play less and less and absolutely dread end game no matter how well I'm geared because of this tedium.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 16, 2016, 6:34:25 PM
"
shoc wrote:

Can you say why you dont like traps?

"
Should i have to use a movement skill to make something fun?

I'm glad you did not asked:
- Should i have to get 150% life from tree to make something fun?
- Should i have to use rings and items to make something fun?
- Should i have to spend time levling to make something fun?

Of course you dont have to use movement skill, yo ucan use quicksilver flask and find way to get potion charges. All you need to do is became better player, overcome obstacles that game sets up.

But Like I said: People like you dont want real challange that force them to become better, you want fake difficulty that make you fell superior.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 16, 2016, 6:22:28 PM
The lab is boring tedious and not fun for many people. Since ascendancy points require the lab to be completed, it means that PoE is not fun anymore for people that don't enjoy the Mario/Tombraider puzzle game play. I went out and found a new game game to play. Goodbye to the $350 bucks or so that I gave GGG for such a great game that I can no longer enjoy. I'll check back in every once in a while to see if the labyrinth is still required. If not then maybe I'll play it again? Have fun!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Agree 100% OP with your post. OFC lab is trivial if you're GG or play lab centric builds but it's a massive time waster if you're a normal.

There is no Lab centric builds, if your build do fine in maps it do fine in lab and vice versa.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Maps always been a huge issue recycling same boring and medium level ones.

welcome in world where players enjoy grind and devs use it to keep players in game, it is called earth.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

My suggestion is give 6 portals for lab like maps.

yes, make game easier.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
People play Soft core because they don't want to waste their time playing.

If playing game is wasting time dont waste your time, go out side. If you die in lab you dont lose more time than you lose because of xp lost. What is joy from completing task if task is unfailable? You say you dont like boring content but what you do is asking for grind, boring content

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Labs takes soft core away. You indeed waste 30 min-1hr for each fail.

Became better player, if you will be better lab will be faster and you will not "lost" 30-60 minutes. You did not lost 60 minutes you spend 60 minuts becoming bette.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Maps - well I've always said boss should drop map level you're on or map +1. Doubt they'll change that though.

Did you spend even 10 seconds what situation it would create?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Maps are currency sink for the rich.

Alch and go = sink for super rich when you get more than 1 alch from map.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Doesnt work because rich get richer running high maps but they think it does haha.

Ya, people are born rich and they have easier start in life. Too bad all that logic go to trash when you realize that in every league everyone start from 0.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 16, 2016, 6:35:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info