The lab was the final nail

To be honest, if the laby wouldn't be mandatory, and it is mandatory for the ascendancy classes and enchantements, maybe at most 10% of the players would run through it.
Because PoE is Hack'n'Slay not Super Mario!
Kamil wrote
"
Ya, people are born rich and they have easier start in life. Too bad all that logic go to trash when you realize that in every league everyone start from 0.

well new leagues favour no lifing more then standard does which that and flipping seem to be the fastest path to wealth and prob sustaining high lvl maps. (dunno i can sustain t10-13 but its a currency sink)

as for the lab i dont have a problem with running it in under 10mins its just content that hasnt given me and many other players anything (well i do like the ascendency classes). I really dont know what ggg's vision for end game is maybe they make most of their $ from new players in the acts/laby etc.
Last edited by Fhark on Mar 17, 2016, 3:37:50 AM
"
Firestrike_O wrote:

Now we have the lab. To say I hate it would be an understatement. It is the final barrier to creating new toons efficiently that I can accept. (For those of you who say it is optional, it is not.) It's not that it is hard, it's not. It's just so fucking boring and unrewarding. I died to the last boss, at the last stage of the fight, from a one shot two times, and what did I get for my effort to slog through this giant piece of shit? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Oh, except for a 10% exp loss. Got that.

Ok. So, the game didn't change from 2.1 to 2.2. There was no buff to ANY mob damage or health. But suddenly, you need those classes ?

Sounds totally logic.

I feel sorry for you, if you cant invest those 60 minutes for all three labs.

BB.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Do not let that frustration drive you away from the game, i know you people love it and would like to see it thrive and for that reason you should make GGG listen to your opinion. I for once totally agree lab is the worst thing in poe regarding so many aspects of it and should be foundamentally changed. Especially for all those tinkers out there who loved to reroll and just play a billion characters (because planning and playing new builds and messing with passives is goddamn fun) this expansion literally offers nothing new except boredom and frustration.

Join the fight to make things right, SET FREE ASCENDANCY POINTS
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
So, if that thread is really about personal feelings. I have had yesterday MOST exciting time in the lab when I finished it on Merciless!! Tons of adrenaline, tons of fun :) I went there with assumption that I'll die. But i did not. I finished it and I've got a lot of FUN. That was challenge!

Thanks GGG :)
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
Fhark wrote:
Kamil wrote
"
Ya, people are born rich and they have easier start in life. Too bad all that logic go to trash when you realize that in every league everyone start from 0.

well new leagues favour no lifing more then standard does

IT is fair that person who put more effort into something can get better rewards out of it.

"
Fhark wrote:
which that and flipping seem to be the fastest path to wealth and prob sustaining high lvl maps. (dunno i can sustain t10-13 but its a currency sink)

THis apply for many games, trading is best way to make money and there is currency sink.
Trading is best way to make way to make money is resultant of how cummunities work, and how they want easy trading.
Currency sinks are in game to keep game playable for longer than couple of days.

"
Fhark wrote:
as for the lab i dont have a problem with running it in under 10mins its just content that hasnt given me and many other players anything (well i do like the ascendency classes)

Reward from lab is very big
- asc class that is very strong
- item enchantments that are very strong

If rewards wouldn't be so big no one would complain that they have to play lab to get that rewards.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 17, 2016, 5:46:06 AM
PoE is the only game i am playing
next month i could afford a ssd and more ram and a cheap nvidia card and then some nice effects from the shop....but
i am unsure ... maybe PoE dont work on my 6000+ comp after that modernisation
PoE was really the only fun for me - but the lab in combi with ascendpoints feels like the game i played before......it has a masterclass with masterpoints u can get with quests...but u have to pay players to guide u through the missions cause all weapon/def was based on the cashshop.

but i worry that its not enough to play PoE proper

i liked it very much

greetings to all out there....its 2016

Last edited by MagicalMove on Mar 17, 2016, 6:10:36 AM
I dont get all this fuss about the lab. If you dont like it just get your 6 points and never get back.

If you're in a situation that after tens of tries you can't get to or beat Izarro, even being massively overleveled, then there is an issue with your build and you will not go very far in maps anyway (unless the very rare case where you always die to traps).

I feel a bit sad for GGG because I think the lab was a big development effort, but I really dont see a lot of replay value in this thing. GGG should try to leverage what has been done with the lab and create new types of maps using the traps developped in the lab, but of course while keeping the 6 portals thing.
"
MagicalMove wrote:
PoE is the only game i am playing
next month i could afford a ssd and more ram and a cheap nvidia card and then some nice effects from the shop....but
i am unsure ... maybe PoE dont work on my 6000+ comp after that "modernisation"
PoE was really the only fun for me - but the lab in combi with ascendpoints feels like the game i played before......it has a masterclass with masterpoints u can get with quests...but u have to pay players to guide u through the missions cause all weapon/def was based on the cashshop.

but i worry that its not enough to play PoE proper

i liked it very much

greetings to all out there....its 2016

Koyaanisquatsi

i dont hope so

They should create an iphone-app where you can just theorycraft a build on the passive tree, then send that char on missions ala Metal Gear Peace Walker.
If you play the non-free p2p version you can even watch a replay of it spamming skills.

So no more boring playing the game and wasting precious lifetime, more happy theorycrafting and watching netflix.

I like the lab and fighting through it for ascendancy.

"
So, if that thread is really about personal feelings. I have had yesterday MOST exciting time in the lab when I finished it on Merciless!! Tons of adrenaline, tons of fun :) I went there with assumption that I'll die. But i did not. I finished it and I've got a lot of FUN. That was challenge!

Thanks GGG :)

This is what this game's about for me. Sounds great! :D
Last edited by Antaiseito on Mar 17, 2016, 6:32:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info