The lab was the final nail

As you can see I don't post much in the forums. I read them sometimes, but not that often so I don't know how much of this has been touched on and how much hasn't.

I started playing in 1.3 (still the best version IMO). I liked the game for the different combos of skills that could come together to make any given character. It led to all sort of different experiments. Some worked great, most didn't, but I was cool with the failures because I would just start over and run a quick three acts, three times. Then came act four. I hated it, and I still do. It slowed my experiments because I hated running through it, but I did cause I still liked the game.

Now we have the lab. To say I hate it would be an understatement. It is the final barrier to creating new toons efficiently that I can accept. (For those of you who say it is optional, it is not.) It's not that it is hard, it's not. It's just so fucking boring and unrewarding. I died to the last boss, at the last stage of the fight, from a one shot two times, and what did I get for my effort to slog through this giant piece of shit? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Oh, except for a 10% exp loss. Got that.

And all the above doesn't even begin to touch the map drops which are just bullshit, or the PVP experience which is...well, is there really a PVP experience other than blah?

So, to spare those of you who love this steaming piece of grind wall shit, grats. I'm out. There is nothing more important than time. It is finite and more cannot be created. Right now this game is not worth my time or money, and if past experience with GGG holds any example of the future, I don't expect any of this to get fixed anytime soon.

I know, i know, holy wall of text batman and Cool story bro.
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2016, 4:00:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Learn the mechanics of the fight and it becomes easy for pretty much any build.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I too am close to quitting.
I really love this game, but this laby stuff makes me sick. What a shame... It makes me thinking about uninstalling the game
Imo problem with this boss is it makes the game totally unfun because if u arent playing a cookiecuter build then u gonna hav a really bad time trying to kill izaro.

Also its so newbie unfriendly because u must literally invest 80% or even 90% of your skill points ( depending on the build ) in life nodes if u want to stand a chance agains merciless izaro and even probably cruel ( again depending on build ).

So new players doesnt know this and they will probably make a balance between life and dps then they get stomped by izaro.

I dont really know why they lock the ascendancy classes behind this content that totally punish time, fun and newbie players.

I do think the laberynth is not that boring after you reach level 80 and become strong but before that point its a total nightmare specially if you are using a pure ES build or a glass cannon.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Mar 16, 2016, 2:55:26 PM
I really wanted to deny, but in fact the lab made the game much boring, I'm too bored to make all the efforts to do the ascendence on my Standards chars and not evin trying on HC.
These days I'm playing other games rater than POE.
Sorry for my poor englesh, id rater not even try to put an opinion, but GGG just screw up this game to me.
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
Imo problem with this boss is it makes the game totally unfun because if u arent playing a cookiecuter build then u gonna hav a really bad time trying to kill izaro.

Also its so newbie unfriendly because u must literally invest 80% or even 90% of your skill points ( depending on the build ) in life nodes if u want to stand a chance agains merciless izaro and even probably cruel ( again depending on build ).

So new players doesnt know this and they will probably make a balance between life and dps then they get stomped by izaro.

I dont really know why they lock the ascendancy classes behind this content that totally punish time, fun and newbie players.

I do think the laberynth is not that boring after you reach level 80 and become strong but before that point its a total nightmare specially if you are using a pure ES build or a glass cannon.

I am reaching this same conclusion now that I have reached merciless and it's draining the fun out of the game for me. I designed a build more heavily focused on the DPS side and while it's awesome in maps and most content, Merciless Act 4 and Labyrinth have been a painful experience. I actually haven't finished Labyrinth yet; I've mastered the traps and even though I am getting better and better at the fight, there is a number of Izaro mechanics that can one shot me and I keep making single mistakes.

I don't really feel like making any new characters, because I feel really limited in the builds at the moment. I have to trait a certain way with a focus on survivability to make these experiences less painful and none of the builds really sound fun. Not to mention the first act or two on normal is incredibly boring in stark contrast.

It's a shame. Only a month into the game and I am already drifting toward other games.
Well I died s lot of times to Izaro in SC. Than in HC I did normal lab at level 59. I plan on doing cruel lab in my 80's. Izaro itself wouldn't be that big of a problem if he didn't lag so much. When I did him in normal I almost died once (lvl59 Duelist) because after a few seconds screen freeze I am suddenly standing in traps and that green aoe comes flying at me.

The Ascendancy points are amazing and I get it that it should be hard. We are facing the same pattern here that GGG always do. When they are unsure about how hard something should be they ALWAYS make it rather too hard, than too easy first. Remember Invasion. Remember Malachai. I think they will nerf down Izaro some more, but first they should fix performance.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
goetzjam wrote:
Learn the mechanics of the fight and it becomes easy for pretty much any build.

It's not about it being easy or hard, It's purely about fun and with the looks of the forums alot of us don't find the lab fun at all, It feels like we're being forced to run the lab because the ascendancy classes are so good, Hell i've ran the lab a grand total of once in normal and i hated every second of it, i need my other 4 points but i just can't bring myself to do something i find so utterly boring.

I play PoE to kill things not to have to dodge traps it's the complete opposite in terms pace, Taking a fast paced game and adding something that forces you to slow down creates what we have now, A ton of people hating the lab and questioning why they are even still playing and if they should even continue playing if this is the direction the game is heading.

It's a pretty easy fix really just give us another way to get the points and maybe keep the enchants locked behind the lab, that way those of us that hate the lab and want the enchants can just buy them from people that love the lab, It'll boost the economy and both sides get what they want.
Everything in poe force you to make better build. But a lot of people just want easier game not something that challange them. They want fake difficulty and feel of superiority.

"
Taking a fast paced game and adding something that forces you to slow down creates what we have now,

Get movement skill...
Oh yea I have forget that people think their builds are best and if they can't do something it is never their fault but broken game.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 16, 2016, 5:01:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info