Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.6] CI Poison Blink arrow/Mirror arrow Occultist

"
nemr118 wrote:
I went malediction instead of vile bastion, our ES already regens so fast. The damage output skyrocketed and free'd up a ring slot for more magic find. How would you feel about losing Vile Bastion?

Never tried it, do the minions actually get the benefit of the passive? I assumed they wouldn't so I didn't bother spending the regrets to test it. If all you get is the curse I'd rather just have void beacon for the -20 chaos res and vile bastion for the regen/stun immunity.

I'm sure it's fine if all you care about is damage. I'm just trying not to die right now since I'm level 97 and if I die I lose like 3 hours of time.
IGN- FrOArrow
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
"
Really interested in the build. Any chance you post some potential leveling trees? I'm trying to avoid spending regrets when the time comes to switch over fully.

I'm not 100% confident about what would be best for leveling, but I can test out some stuff in the future.

I would say the best way to level would be with storm cloud+wrath until you get lioneye's, then switch over to poison. Poison version is hard to level with since you need high phys damage bow for it to work. If you have access to a high damage bow from level 30-60 then you can just run 4 link poison/arrow/added chaos/lmp.

If you don't have access to a good phys bow, then stick with storm cloud+wrath. As for the tree, just focus on minion damage nodes/life nodes as you level. When you decide to go CI you will have to spend a few regrets but it's not too bad. When you go life you get a lot of life/es nodes that you use for Ci anyway. Probably about 30 respec points to go CI.

When I have time I will go into more detail about leveling but figured I would give some random tips in the mean time.

Thanks, appreciate the quick response.

I've started off leveling as spark/orb (given the early speed and cheap investment) but would like to switch over sooner rather than later so I'll look into storm cloud here pretty soon. Thanks again for interesting take on the build, looks fun!
Dumb question incoming .... but how are you getting anywhere near enough dex for the Lioneye's Glare requirements? I see one of your items has +dex, but on your passive tree you're only getting like +100?

Do you just need to stack +dex on a few more items/jewels, or is my math completely off?
"
ellsworth81 wrote:
Dumb question incoming .... but how are you getting anywhere near enough dex for the Lioneye's Glare requirements? I see one of your items has +dex, but on your passive tree you're only getting like +100?

Do you just need to stack +dex on a few more items/jewels, or is my math completely off?

I have 1-2 jewels with dex on it, probably like 20 from jewels.

This is my exact gear at the moment (running magic find lately)

So only my quiver/ring has any dex on it. The right side of the tree is a lot of dex and you probably go for it last. Before I was high level I just invested in some +dex/es rings. They are pretty cheap and do the job until you get more levels.
IGN- FrOArrow
So do you get the extra ES regen from vile bastion when ur summons kill mobs? Otherwise that talent seems pretty weird for this build. Other than that build looks pretty cool!
"
sonsam wrote:
So do you get the extra ES regen from vile bastion when ur summons kill mobs? Otherwise that talent seems pretty weird for this build. Other than that build looks pretty cool!

Yes the minions kills count towards the stacks of vile bastion.
IGN- FrOArrow
Hit level 98 today with the build, and then I bought a pretty nice roll lioneye's and tried my luck at a 6 link-

Got pretty lucky, was about 100 fuse. My first ever 6 link.

Ill update the guide soonish, I changed a lot of stuff with the build recently. Basically made it a super mf build. Running with 63 quant/193 rarity before divination flask/rarity gem. 9k es/still able to do t15 maps even with all this mf gear and never die. Only had 1 death from 97-98 and it was cause it was extra damage fire/extra damage lightning shrine piety and I was an idiot and got hit by 3 ice arrows in a row.

IGN- FrOArrow
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:

Not all of them. Only if the mob is killed by the poison dot. When the clone actualy kills the target u dont get any on kill effects, no vile bastion stacks in this case.
Last edited by xprimalfuryx on Apr 3, 2016, 4:31:39 AM
"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:

Not all of them. Only if the mob is killed by the poison dot. When the clone actualy kills the target u dont get any on kill effects, no vile bastion stacks in this case.

Yea you are right I just never really noticed it before. I think profane bloom is a good alternative to Vile bastion. I'm probably going to switch over to that now that I'm just using the character as a pure magic finder. Don't really care about dying anymore since 98-100 is basically pointless skill points.

I wonder if Malediction would give your minions extra chaos damage or not. That will probably be the last thing ill test on this build.

Edit- I guess it does work, but I still like enhance+void beacon+discipline over 1 extra curse, seems way more useful to me.

I guess I 'm pretty much done with this character, will be hard to find something else to play since this build has been the most fun I ever had in this game. Too bad once poison eventually gets nerfed the only viable way to play this build would be ele version or traps, and I can't stand either of those.

Ill just use this guy as a magic finder to make some currency until I figure out what I want to play next. Won't be updating the guide as much at this point.
IGN- FrOArrow
Last edited by FearTHeFrO on Apr 3, 2016, 4:38:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info