[2.2] Self Cast Non Crit Spark Hc/Sc Over 200% inc life (61%block and 53% spell block)

This is self cast non crit spark that im playing atm in hardocre perandus.
I have now reached to tier 13 maps and still clearing like truck.
If over 200% inc life caster doesn't sound familiar to you, your not the only one!

Note this is my first build guide ever, but i try to make this really simple and clear.

Pros
-Big life pool
-Clearing speed
-Instant leech
-4L needed to work
-100% pierce
-Elemental overload
-Long duration in Vaal gems
-lot of flask charges (i can use hallowed 5 times, heals for about 2k instant)
-many jewel sockets (7 really close, not needed to take)
-61%block and 53% spell block

Cons
-not solid defence, like armor or evasion
-need 100% pierce to get build really to kick in
-leech enchant in boots is almost must, almost! with Vaal Clarity not
-Non crit :D or who even needs crit when you can have dmg and life instead
-if you want block it will cost bit more

Skill Tree
https://goo.gl/GzIK59

Bandits
Oak (40 Life)
Alira (5% casting speed)
Skill point

Asendancy
Deadeye from ranger to get 100% pierce and sick clearing speed
Berserker from marauder to more damage and leech

GEMS
Spark
3L Spark + Spell Echo + Pierce
4L + Lightning Pen (lighting pen is best in slot in late game)
5L + Controlled Destruction (crit chance is not needed and really big more dmg)
6L + Elemental Focus (could also be added lightning, so you can shock mobs)

You can also use faster casting instead of echo if you feel like you get locked to place.
Faster casing is good gem in leveling setup, spark feels much stronger when you have more sparks up

Other gems
2L Orb of Storm + Increased Critical Strikes (+ Culling Strike + Item Rarity if don't have culler)
3L CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration (+ you can put low level flame golem here if your lazy)
Movement skill 2L Flame Dash + Faster Casting

Auras
Purity of lighting
Herald of thunder
Arctic Armour

All auras can be thrown where you just have space. For leveling use herald of thunder and ice, then get clarity to help with mana, mana bottle is really helpfull or needed if you don't have leech enchament in boots. The new uniq mana flask is really good for survivability. Take purity of lighting and Arctic Armour to level up for later.

Vaal Auras (not needed, but good boost)
Vaal Clarity just lasts too long (25sec) and removes need for boots enchant.
Vaal haste is (16sec)just really good clearing speed buff.
Vaal Grace for bosses to boost your defence
Link all with increased duration and just reckt everything.

Defence
Atm build is doing really good and it allows me to push the ladder (current position is 123). With 7.6k life pool, 61% block, 53% spell block, Cwdt immortal call, Vaal Grace and 22% instant leech build is almost immortal. I will survive almost anything if there is mob that spark can hit and leech, sparks lasts really long so even if you get stunned/freezed you still can leech. So it's almost impossible to die without getting one shotted

DPS_and_Survivability

After reaching certain point in dps you want to get vaal pact, just to keep your self alive (standrad joke here). i don't remeber what my dps was, but i could say 10-15k dps and it's about in 70-75lvl area. After reaching over 20k dps vinktars become more and more usefull, i can face tank all bosses up to tier 8 (no i don't face tank tunneltrap because hes dead allready). If you don't feel safe with too much dps just drop damage gem and change it to life leech, that should help. If thats not enough put Blasphemy and warlords mark for more leech and endurance charges.

with all flask effect points from tree i can reach 61% block and 53% spell block. This ammount of block and spell block is decent ammount in my scale and it is noticeable ammount of defence, also my armour goes up with rumi's from 800 to 6.9k. I had to sacrifice one health flask, but because of flask nodes on tree and thanks to my belt i can use that one instant flask 5 times, instead of 3. Also rumi's can be used 3 times.

Dps with spark is not just one single hit, i almost think it as overtime damage dealer. You can raise sparks overall damage by stacking pure dmg, duration or projectile speed. Pure dmg is good and easy to get and best for you tooltippers :D. Duration is easy to pick and helps lot with other skills (just don't use lighting warp). Faster projectiles is helpfull with clearing speed and also with dps, Spark can't hit twice from same cast, but if it bounces from wall or something it can hit again. So this is why small room bosses get reckt so easily. Im not using Faster projectiles just because i took bit more projectile speed from tree and have winds of change. Too much projectile speed just make your spark go too far(in public party everyone can loot items that have dropped too far from party)

Tooltips

All of these tooltips are with only my auras, not with aurabot!

Elemetal Overload + Onslaught + Herald of Ice and Thunder

Elemetal Overload + Onslaught + Vaal Haste + Herald of Ice and Thunder

Elemetal Overload + Onslaught + Wrath

Elemetal Overload + Onslaught + Wrath + Vaal Hate

Stats

Current_Gear

There is no Must have uniqs, Winds of Change boost you dps and clearing speed bit if you can get resistance from else where, reduced movements speed only real minus. Some people hate knockback but for you it's kinda okish defence.

Spell Damage + Cast speed + Added or Project Speed

Life + Spell Damage + Resistances

Life + Resistances

Life + Resistances or Winds Of Change

Life + Movement Speed + Resistances
Leech enchanment is almost must in end game with high casting speed

Life + Resistance

Life + Resistance + Spell Damage

Life + Resistance (+Casting speed) for both rings

Life + Resistance + Reduced Flask Charges used

Flasks

Replace Vinktar with normal Topaz Flask and roll Silver Flask also to other, remove bleed is good at silver

Videos

Tier 8 Twinned Canyon https://youtu.be/WxaeSKbfjiI
Tier 8 Canyon 5L 19lvl Spark with 11lvl support gems https://youtu.be/fRBW9vIMUH8
Tier 9 Arid lake Chilling with aurabot in https://youtu.be/PD-2tGmT654
Tier 9 Malformation boss kill https://youtu.be/NKV-V5FoJ8s
Tier 10 Volcano + Anarchy https://youtu.be/jAxjmsAZTAY runned to boss and killed exiles (wanted to loot :D)
Tier 11 Twinned Academy + Vulnerability https://youtu.be/qXFtYlRw1PY

AND IN THE END! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS
!!!
JUST PLAY
Thanks Bumsky and MangaMarshall

Updates
15.3 dps and survivability, added videos
16.3 Tooltips and added more pictures and updated old ones
17.3 added Volcano run and Academy
21.3 Block! more defense
23.3 Picture twinned Crematorium, can't capture video anymore with razer cortex poe just don't work with it
26.3 Added more pictures of killed bosses, updated stats 7.5k life!
Last edited by Thekivis on Mar 27, 2016, 3:19:13 PM
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2016, 6:21:48 PM
-
Last edited by Thekivis on Mar 26, 2016, 11:10:40 PM
Hey bud, saw your post on Reddit while I was at work. I gave up on my first crit sparker because my EQ guy was coming along better, but I'm ready to give it another go and I vastly prefer non-crit due to ease of gearing. Had three questions for you:

How would you suggest pathing to level? Templar-Witch-Shadow-Duelist?

Most folks I see are using faster projectile gem- did you decide that the raw power of your setup has better clear?

Think Call of the Brotherhood is worth it still on a non-crit build as a safety tool?

Nice looking tree; I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl

Leveling
As leveling i was floating all over tree and testing this and that, but if you want to level as caster i suggest that you go to templar first, but as soon as possible take elemental overload then just take casting speed from above. You don't need flask poinst at start.

If you want to level as something else take duelist and then go up to templar and elemental overload.
You shouldn't take duration points before you have 100% pierce!! take pure damage and life over duration at leveling stage!

I think i picked too much life over damage when i leveled and that was one reason i thought this build is not going to work, but i still wanted to give it try and it was worth it. I suggest that you have about 1k life per each act 4 so you should have about 3.5k life in merci dom, should have 100% pierce atm. I made cruel and normal labyrints in one go, was about about 60lvl.

But what comes to Call of the Brotherhood, it can be really usefull item, but with my current setup it would change 50% of my lighting damage to cold and i would loose 50% of my leech and thats huge! with Call of the Brotherhood i could try to use ice bite for frenzy generation and then pick frenzy charges from tree and bandits also could use taste of hate (don't want to use that, just don't like idea you need to use something to be able to reach some content) to phys defence. With vinktars i wouldn't change 50% of my lightning to cold. Aaand with Call of the Brotherhood i can almost swear you could freeze anything.
Last edited by Thekivis on Mar 16, 2016, 2:56:08 AM
im playing similar build, but w/o vaal pact, since i have around 6%~ hp reg and stone golem, i use a high armor shield, and this:

(still need a sulphur flashk)

also i want use this when 6l and RNGcolor:

Not convinced by your build.
I play spark totem and I end up with 35k tooltip dps, so 105k with my 3 totems, And this is even without talking about shock effect, I am almost crit capped ( >90 % chance to crit ) so I shock everything , everytime.

I have also better survability because totem can tank, I have acrobatics, and my totem freeze with call of the brotherhood.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 16, 2016, 8:24:01 AM
"
Malone wrote:
Not convinced by your build.
I play spark totem and I end up with 35k tooltip dps, so 105k with my 3 totems, And this is even without talking about shock effect, I am almost crit capped ( >90 % chance to crit ) so I shock everything , everytime.

I have also better survability because totem can tank, I have acrobatics, and my totem freeze with call of the brotherhood.
Did you watch the videos? It's pretty clearly a very high performing build, and with 7k life, vaal pact and vinctars his leech is utterly insane.

Totems have overhead that self-casting doesn't. It doesn't matter if your totems have 100m tooltip dps, you still have to place them and they have to make the initial cast. They wont offscreen stuff without targets nearby to cast at, and so on.

Not saying that totem builds are bad, but it's a different entity to what this guy is doing.
Last edited by Pathological on Mar 16, 2016, 8:38:08 AM
I'm playing a non-crit spark too, but I went the CI route. I agree on gem setup, swapped lightning pen with life leech during leveling but things are really easier with light pen when you get the 2nd ascendancy class.

I'm using wrath instead of HoT as you can't apply shock with elemental focus and it seem to add more damage, but I haven't tried HoT yet.

Anyway this build is very fun to play, damage is descent and gearing pretty easy. Clear speed is ok in open areas, but really good in closed areas like labyrinth
I can agree that you can get better dps with totems and you don't need that much life. I personally want to play really safe, so thats why i don't have more dps. I could changw all my jewels to full dmg jewels and drop lot life for dmg if i want to, just can't see any reason for it. How much life you have with your totemist?
Thanks pathological for short and simple answer in difference between totem and self cast.
I don't use wrath because my party and aurabot runs it, so my dps is but of lie as solo. Going to put 19lvl wrath and check solo dps to compare it with others.
"
Pathological wrote:
Did you watch the videos? It's pretty clearly a very high performing build, and with 7k life, vaal pact and vinctars his leech is utterly insane.

Totems have overhead that self-casting doesn't. It doesn't matter if your totems have 100m tooltip dps, you still have to place them and they have to make the initial cast. They wont offscreen stuff without targets nearby to cast at, and so on. Clear speed is faster, and safer.

Not saying that totem builds are bad, but it's a different entity to what this guy is doing.

You have no clue about what you are talking about ...
No it's not high performing build, it's below average. Selfcasting means you have not enough projectile to safely assume you will hit every mobs in front of you so you are very static. With totems you place them and move along.

About offscreening your comment is a joke, totem offscreen everytime because when you place them you have everytime mobs in front of them....
In fact that the only drawback of the build because you hear currency dropping but you don't know where it is.

On top of that, I agree with the comment on the video, not going crit with Spark is just crazy with such base crit, shock effect and ascendancy classes bonus... And I even don't speak about the synergy with Call of the Brotherhood which make crit spec 200 % safer than any other shit.

Seriously this build is just a bad use of Spark skill in current 2.2 meta.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 16, 2016, 10:13:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info