[Not a Bug] Essence drain/Contagion + Profane Bloom not spreading

Any good news in 2.3.0, GGG? :|
Bump for hopefully good news for 2.3!
IGN: Emfx
Was hoping this would get fixed for 2.3 as its been there forever. Well maybe next league
Topkek
Maybe in two years they'll comment on this :)
As far as I am aware this is still not fixed and to be honest I think that very disappointing.

Can we at least get someone from GGG to acknowledge that they know about this?
I believe this bug still persists today.

I am not sure if it is intended or it is an actual bug.

If it is considered a bug, I hope it is somewhere on GGG's to-do list.

If it is intended, it'd be nice to let us know.

I understand that it is not on high priority or anything, but completing uber lab only to stumble upon a bug feels awkward.

"
Rhys wrote:
(Reposted)

The Profane Bloom/Contagion thing is not technically a bug so much as a natural consequence of our skill system.

Basically, Contagion (and by extension Essence Drain) cannot spread to monsters that are 1-shot by Profane Bloom.

That's it. Monsters which are not 1-shot by PB will still spread Contagion and ED as usual. It's just that when monsters die, they do the PB explosion first then fail to spread Contagion etc later.

We realize this interaction is undesirable for some players, however it is not at all easy to change and would require pretty much rewriting both Contagion and ED from scratch (under the guiding light of The Great Buff Refactor), but even then we are uncertain if this can ever be changed.

Abyssal Cry and Obliteration have the same issue, though since they deal less % damage, it happens less often.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
I see. I probably missed the original post.

Thanks for the info.
Crap. Have to reroll Trickster asap..

They will probably not fix this .
i think they do not consider this as a buG, however i did not thouGht about it until i had to choose ascendancy points..

What's too bad is that it disables the 3rd curse as we cannot take profane bloom Given that it disables contaGion..
They could just change profane bloom to inflict a DOT insted of instant dmg, which would fix this "bug" in conjunction with contagion/essence drain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info