[Not a Bug] Essence drain/Contagion + Profane Bloom not spreading

Bug report reference #: 1914833907

I am using Essence Drain/Contagion with the Profane Bloom Occultist Ascendancy passive. When a lot of mobs in a pack explode due to the profane bloom proc, essence drain will not spread (I am unsure if contagion does for sure).

Just before the screenshot was taken, I used contagion then essence drain on the pack of golems where the initial golem exploded upon death. The initial golem death spread contagion+ed to the nearby surrounding golems, the majority of them exploded when they all simultaneous died (I believe all affected golems were also hit with the initial profane bloom proc, hence the simultaneous deaths).

When this second wave of deaths occurred, the golem left alive in the screenshot did not have essence drain spread to it. I am unsure if contagion successfully spread to it; the damage received by the golem could solely be from profane bloom procs and my flame golem. This all occurred within the 3.42s duration of essence drain, the alive golem was well within contagion range, and it was active/had woken up from the laying on the ground that golems do when I used ED.

I have seen this occur consistently since patch 2.2.1c when many profane bloom procs occur at the same time. Patch 2.2.1c fixed ED/contagion when no explosions are proc'ing, but this issue still exists.

This bug might mean that chain-reactively exploded mobs do not spread contagion or essence drain, it is diffiult to tell from my POV without reviewing video replays of these instances. This could also be occurring with explosion procs from Obliteration Demon's Horn as well, I havent tried using it recently (though I did notice these inconsistencies when I was using it without the profane bloom passive back in patches 2.2.1(b)).

Screenshot:
Spoiler
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Sep 27, 2016, 11:23:54 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 11:23:42 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
yeah this is really annoying, but i dont know if it is a bug. im considering to drop that node, because recasting Contaigion+ED is really annoying and slowing my clearspeed.
Noticed that as well, very counterproductive :/
Want to up this thread because since i took "profane bloom" node it's nigthmare to clear trash pack.

ED + contagion build kill trash pack and blue pack at the same rate, the explosion doesn't profit very well except to damage a bit yellow mob in there.

But now i have worst clearspead because of the recast ED + cont.

Please fix this!!!!

A bonus node should not drop our power
I can confirm I have the same issue with profane bloom using ED. The spread of ED/contagion is inconsistent when a mob explodes under profane bloom and really disruptive to the build.

Can anyone shed some light on whether this is a bug or intended?
In my opinion it's a bug.

the spread on ED/cont is a on kill trigger. Profane bloom add a new "on kill" trigger. So when a mob die, they both should be trigger.

For some reason, the devs may have coding theses differently and all corpses explosions seems to have the "priority" over the spread
I definitely hope it's not intended because it slows the clear speed tremendously. I'm actually thinking about quitting my occultist until it gets fixed because it's really annoying.

Apart from that, when a full screen of monsters explode with Profane Bloom my fps drops to 0-10 FPS. I have a high tier gaming PC. I usually have it in areas like solaris temple where there is a large amount of weak mobs.
This happens a lot more than I thought it was when I first grabbed Profane Bloom. It seems that almost any exploded monster will not spread ED with contagion. Possibly it's an issue of timing/order/priority, like you said kadjeek.

Dropping the node will likely increase my clear speed on average by a significant amount, but I didn't pick Witch/Occultist so I could get mostly defensive Ascendancy nodes in a SC league... It would be pretty cool to see/hear chain reactions of explosions traveling/happening way off screen.
I have the same. After killing something with profane bloom cont/ed stops spreading.
Hope this gets addressed, because it would otherwise be one of the three nodes I'd love to take

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info