I never want to play the labyrinth ever again.

I hate the Labyrinth. I really and honestly do. I wanted to like it at first, but i just can't.

but let me describe my experience.

I play this game on and off for a few years now, since it went open beta. my characters are around level 80, and my gear is mediocre at best. i usually play low level maps in standard, and i die a lot due to graphics being terribly optimized, and there not being any options to tune them down.

so. my first attempt with the labyrinth was on normal difficulty. i figured it would be easier that way, and get to know how it works. boy was i wrong.

the traps are plain and simply too strong there. you one-shot every monster, and when you don't engage them they make practically no damage at all, but as soon as you run into a trap most of your HP is gone.

it took me at least 10 tries to even finish the labyrinth on normal that way.

now, i eventually made it through, and i got a grasp on how to handle the traps now, but then it gets worse.

i now tried running the labyrinth on cruel, which worked pretty well. until the very last izaro fight.

this fight is just ridiculously overcomplicated. the traps in that room just mean it's instantly game over for any character that relies on kiting to survive. and facetanking doesn't work either, because the boss has so much damage mitigation (or huge HP) that you cannot sustain taking damage for that long before running out of flask charges and whatnot.

and here comes the part where the game totally falls apart for me:

you have to go through 1 or 2 hours of content just to get back to this place

i learn boss fights in this game by running them and dying over and over again. but that is only possible if you can dive right back in where you died. but no, that is not possible here. i have to go through the whole 2 hours again. collecting all the keys and whatnot again, and fail at the same point again.

and this is still on cruel, with a level 80 character. i can't even begin to imagine going through this process on merciless difficulty again.

and i didn't even go into the point where i'm totally overleveled for the gear i find, and don't get useful currency drops or gain EXP during this process.

i just have to say at this point: NO. not anymore. i can play better games with my time. where i can actually make progress by trying and failing over and over again, which is already frustrating enough. i don't need a game which just puts layers and layers of frustrating over each other.
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2016, 11:07:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Why can't you avoid the traps using movement skills?

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
He is right:
A character end of Merciless should not be shited on like it is now by a Cruel monster that will destroy up to an hour of puzzling through the Laybrinth.
"
Why can't you avoid the traps using movement skills?

where do you read that from?

i said i can now handle the traps. most of my characters will come with a movement skill (leap slam, lightning warp, etc.)
You simply stated traps were too strong I stated movement skills counter it is all and if you don't wanna do Lab again don't.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Even worst is lagging every fight with izaro when he uses a skill(mainly the first). Tried to ascend one char lvl 95 i have totally overpowered and didn't managed to do it in 4 attempts because izaro was lagging me and killing me, i mean, the guy is lvl 68 and for 2-4 seconds he freezes the game he manages to rip off above 9k sustain. This is making the game frustrating, not fun, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FUN.
Sometimes...
"
You simply stated traps were too strong I stated movement skills counter it is all
i don't think you're reading my post right.

"
and if you don't wanna do Lab again don't.
so? i already said that. this is still the feedback forum. i gave my feedback.
I hated izaro at first as well, but if you stay calm, you can dodge every one of his attacks by just walking (unlike daresso).

A very simple strategy I've used on weaker characters is only attack when he does his charge. Which can be baited and has the longest recovery.

A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
I absolutely hate the way Izaro teleports you onto a big pile of sawblades. Completely unescapable even with a movement skill, there just isn't time to avoid riding the blades like a bicycle. Pisses me off to get that far and get killed by such a cheap shot. I can survive that sort of thing with a high life, high regen character, but anything else is just mincemeat in a second.

I will struggle through until I get my ascendancy points on each character, then I am out of there, and will give the labyrinth the finger in my rear view mirror. I tried to like it, I really did, but I just don't.

Back to maps, but then I don't really like that system either. What to do.....?
"
Maceless wrote:
I hated izaro at first as well, but if you stay calm, you can dodge every one of his attacks by just walking (unlike daresso).

A very simple strategy I've used on weaker characters is only attack when he does his charge. Which can be baited and has the longest recovery.

He lags a lot of players. End of discussion.

I mean, probably everyone knows you can dodge him because he is slow, but HE LAGS a lot of players, you don't dodge lag, you die and lose 10 minutes to 2 hours(depending on which run you are, how well you play).
Sometimes...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info