2.2.1c Patch Notes

"
jahcinto wrote:
"
Perz wrote:
can anybody confirm that essence drain's damage over time doesn't feel stronger close range with point blank or projectile weakness?

Unless a bug is in order, it doesn't. Both of those increases and multipliers are related to Projectile Attacks, Essence Drain is a Projectile Spell (among other)

You're right about Point Blank, Projectile Weakness however says the following:

"Cursed enemies take (25 to 44)% increased Damage from Projectiles",
so that would apply.
"
HonkyTonk wrote:
"
jahcinto wrote:
"
Perz wrote:
can anybody confirm that essence drain's damage over time doesn't feel stronger close range with point blank or projectile weakness?

Unless a bug is in order, it doesn't. Both of those increases and multipliers are related to Projectile Attacks, Essence Drain is a Projectile Spell (among other)

You're right about Point Blank, Projectile Weakness however says the following:

"Cursed enemies take (25 to 44)% increased Damage from Projectiles",
so that would apply.

i got ya on point black. i missed the attacks keyword on point black.
projectile weakness however should increase its damage by a lot? and imo it doesnt.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
"
Perz wrote:

projectile weakness however should increase its damage by a lot? and imo it doesnt.

25-44% "increased" is not a lot actually, it would be significant if it was a "more" multiplier.
The 25-44% comes down to maybe 5-10% more damage in total, roundabout. Maybe less.

If you're confused about that, look on the wiki how the damage calculation works. "Increased" doesn't do as much as you think it would, from looking at the percentage number.
"
HonkyTonk wrote:
"
Perz wrote:

25-44% "increased" is not a lot actually, it would be significant if it was a "more" multiplier.
The 25-44% comes down to maybe 5-10% more damage in total, roundabout. Maybe less.

If you're confused about that, look on the wiki how the damage calculation works. "Increased" doesn't do as much as you think it would, from looking at the percentage number.

actually there is a difference between "increased dmg for me" and "enemies take increased dmg". the second part increase multiplicative if you have no other sources of "enemies take increased dmg" already, thus it should be "more", not "increased" dmg. you can find this information in other sources as well, where ppl are talking about the new ascendancy classes with "enemies take increased dmg" nodes.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info