{3.0} Necronomicon / Raise Spectre Monster Info...[The Unofficial Minion Wiki]

so there isn't any even somewhat viable melee spectre?? So strange, I hope they introduce something. Would love to use a melee phy spectre in my poison stone golem build.
Slashed Miscreations and Undying Grapplers are viable in my opinion. Though they're not "truly" melee I suppose.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
WaterWii wrote:
so there isn't any even somewhat viable melee spectre?? So strange, I hope they introduce something. Would love to use a melee phy spectre in my poison stone golem build.

Flicker Strike Spiders. They are pretty good. make sure to use multistrike/meleesplash to spread the aoe around.
"
WaterWii wrote:

The problem with melee spectres is that once they decide to attack something, they have to walk over and hit it. Even if they would oneshot everything they touched, that walking around and thinking AI just takes longer than a ranged Spectre.

A melee builds probably better off putting zombies in 6link and using utility spectres like those apes or something along those lines.
Hi again fellow necromancers!

I've been a couple of days documenting every mob in the maps i run so i'll post here my findings when i have enough maps documented if Matt agrees (not sure if i should make a separate thread since this study is related directly with his work). While i'm aware that mob pools are quite random, i'm realizing that certain maps have a higher chance of certain mobs spawning.

Interestingly enough, i also noticed that while most of the time i'm able to desecrate every mob type that spawns naturally within a map, sometimes for some reason one or several mob types wont be spawned by desecrate even if they spawned naturally.

I documented 4 Shrine T14 runs. In the first one no Slashed Miscreations were found either by desecrate or natural spawn. The next 3 times i was able to desecrate Slashed Miscreation corpses, pretty promising.

Another thing i noticed is that the number of mob types spawned by desecrate isn't fixed, it ranges from 9 to 11.

If someone already has done a study of this nature i'd appreciate your insight.

A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!
"
KuaiGon wrote:
Hi again fellow necromancers!

I've been a couple of days documenting every mob in the maps i run so i'll post here my findings when i have enough maps documented if Matt agrees (not sure if i should make a separate thread since this study is related directly with his work). While i'm aware that mob pools are quite random, i'm realizing that certain maps have a higher chance of certain mobs spawning.

Interestingly enough, i also noticed that while most of the time i'm able to desecrate every mob type that spawns naturally within a map, sometimes for some reason one or several mob types wont be spawned by desecrate even if they spawned naturally.

I documented 4 Shrine T14 runs. In the first one no Slashed Miscreations were found either by desecrate or natural spawn. The next 3 times i was able to desecrate Slashed Miscreation corpses, pretty promising.

Another thing i noticed is that the number of mob types spawned by desecrate isn't fixed, it ranges from 9 to 11.

If someone already has done a study of this nature i'd appreciate your insight.

I have provided similar info a few pages back. In my experience desecrate can just not hit the mob you are looking for even in 20 casts (one time I had to do about 30 echoed desecrates ( 180 corpses in total) to get 4 spectres after boss evaporated them).
Though I havent checked specifically if you can desecrate a mob that already spawned on map, I think it should be possible 100% and your experience may be due to the abovementioned Desecrate whiffing.
Looking at giving Golemancer a go next league, and have room for 2 spectres. I'd really prefer utility based ones over dps as the golems will do just fine. What options are there, other than the two on page 1?

Regards,
Punkdog
What raw flat damage auras i can use with Merveil Blessed? Currently running (midnight bargain, anger+generosity, clarity - on life), 3x purity, discipline on mana. Don't like haste.
I was recommended this resource because I'm focusing on a similar idea, but much, much lighter.

In short, I'm testing, on occasion, which monsters are map level Desecrate viable.

See this link for more details: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5tgddv/summonernecromancer_raise_spectre_desecrate/

I'd prefer to not derail this thread so I'd very much prefer comments on the Reddit thread, PM's on Reddit, or PM's on here (least likely to see).
CST Player (-6:00 GMT)

IGN: Demonicgamer

/)^3^(\
"

I have provided similar info a few pages back. In my experience desecrate can just not hit the mob you are looking for even in 20 casts (one time I had to do about 30 echoed desecrates ( 180 corpses in total) to get 4 spectres after boss evaporated them).
Though I havent checked specifically if you can desecrate a mob that already spawned on map, I think it should be possible 100% and your experience may be due to the abovementioned Desecrate whiffing.

The whole "desecrate X mob in Y map" is a bit redundant now that we know you can always desecrate your active spectre(s) on any map.

The only ones really needed are those that are either difficult to find or dont spawn outside of maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info