[2.2][Video] Crit capped, EB, MoM, BM, cheap, easy 4L Atziri Flame Totem (Currently 86k dps).

Doing this in HC prophecy. Do you think going hybrid on all my gear (armor+ES) would have more survivability then just going straight ES? I am also thinking of going Belly of the Beast over Mantle for more EHP. Any thoughts, thanks.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
Doing this in HC prophecy. Do you think going hybrid on all my gear (armor+ES) would have more survivability then just going straight ES? I am also thinking of going Belly of the Beast over Mantle for more EHP. Any thoughts, thanks.

Sry didnt answered earlier, didnt checked the thread.

Belly will not really give u more EHP, since u loose all the es from mnatle. Coil would be much better choice.

Hybrid gear will give u more survivability against small phys hit, while more es will prtoect u from large hits. U have to choose there.
Thinking of going just straight hybrid, and running all pure ES gear with life on it too (even chest, a vaal regalia with life). I can run Discipline + AA + Clarity with around 200 mana unreserved if my math's correct. That should give me a pretty big EHP.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Than it would be different build concept. U can try, i cant tell how good it will.
Greetings,

for prophecy league I chose (a slightly conservative version of) this build for my character SiegeGreen, so I thought I'd add my two cents.
First off thanks to 1337fun for this build idea. BmEbMom is an interesting way to use energy shield. You sacrifice a bit of your burst defense, since you can't freely stack ES, but gain a lot of sustainability. It's still a large investment though, so the infernal mantle was what it took to seal the deal for me.

When it comes to hybrid gear I went for evasion/ES stuff, since in my opinion evasion synergizes way better with ES than armor does (outside of using Aegis Aurora). Also I think a little bit of armor is worthless, whereas a little bit of evasion might actually make a difference.

Be wary of damage over time though, since your ES won't stop that. On the other hand it won't stop your ES from recharging either, so that can actually benefit you in many situations. What I'm not completely sure what happens to chaos hit damage though, it might actually penetrate the ES and get taken from your life since there is no mana left for Mom.

Going for crit cap with this build might actually be overkill. AFAIK neither the bonus from righteous providence nor the bonus from assassin's mark will show up on your char info, but I'm fairly certain your crit chance still can't go above 95%.

I'd also like to add that one should never underestimate spire of stone's effect on sustained DPS. I got lucky with the Vaals too and rolled silence immunity on mine. :D

I personally don't like whirling blades, because I'm a coward. I know fortify is a huge deal, yet I still prefer chilling outside of the mobs' LoS and popping a sulphur flask to get roughly the same bonusses which instruments of virtue provide with pious path. Also daggers can't roll cast speed, which is really beneficial to the DPS of this build.

In the next league I'll most probably try a chieftain version of this. If taunty totems are even close to being as good as I think they might be, that alone might be worth the sacrifice in DPS.

EDIT: Btw, do you use surgeon's flasks? Against single targets orb of storms is pretty slow at generating flask charges, so maybe some other prefix might be better there. Then again it's always nice to have at least something when there's nothing around to kill.
Last edited by Blattspinat on Jul 19, 2016, 4:37:33 PM
Hi Blattspinat,

Sry for so late reply, i hope it will still be useful for u, since u want to do something similar int he next league.

"
Blattspinat wrote:

When it comes to hybrid gear I went for evasion/ES stuff, since in my opinion evasion synergizes way better with ES than armor does (outside of using Aegis Aurora). Also I think a little bit of armor is worthless, whereas a little bit of evasion might actually make a difference.

I tried to go for max ES gear not looking on AR or EV to have as high life pool as possible. U get only 2 items, were u can get AR or EV and AR on belt or bit of EV on ring. For me it was to little gain, so i decided to get max possible life pool and work against phys dmg with endu charges, flasks and fortify.

"
Blattspinat wrote:

Be wary of damage over time though, since your ES won't stop that. On the other hand it won't stop your ES from recharging either, so that can actually benefit you in many situations. What I'm not completely sure what happens to chaos hit damage though, it might actually penetrate the ES and get taken from your life since there is no mana left for Mom.

Dmg over time is actually only problem in red less regen maps or in no regen maps. Any other maps it is np at all, life reg takes care of it. In those problem maps need to use flasks. Since i need es only for direct big hits, the functionality of this build is perfect for it.

Chaos dmg ignores MoM in this case, but since most of chaos dmg is DoT(any dot ignores MoM actually), it's less relevant.

"
Blattspinat wrote:

Going for crit cap with this build might actually be overkill. AFAIK neither the bonus from righteous providence nor the bonus from assassin's mark will show up on your char info, but I'm fairly certain your crit chance still can't go above 95%.

Why i have crit cap in 4L is just as preparation for 5L and adding controlled destruction. I basically have exactly the crit cap there(and yes, it is overkill on that stage). It will drop with controlled destruction and than Righteous Providence brings it back to crit cap. U r right, ur crit chance can not go over 95%, but assasin's mark works over that. It is a modifier to ur enemy, not to u, so u get more than 95% effective crit chance with it.

"
Blattspinat wrote:

I'd also like to add that one should never underestimate spire of stone's effect on sustained DPS. I got lucky with the Vaals too and rolled silence immunity on mine. :D

If u like it, sure ;). For a 6L i would add less dura gem, so those jewels will loose on effectiveness. Plus u can get crit multi on jewels, which is HUGE loss. And ad to it %life roll for ur personal survivability. For ur described play style it suits good probably.

"
Blattspinat wrote:

I personally don't like whirling blades, because I'm a coward. I know fortify is a huge deal, yet I still prefer chilling outside of the mobs' LoS and popping a sulphur flask to get roughly the same bonusses which instruments of virtue provide with pious path. Also daggers can't roll cast speed, which is really beneficial to the DPS of this build.

Whirling blades serves many purposes here. 1st plain good, fast movement skill to get out of danger or move around map. 2nd procing fortify for additional huge defense increase. 3rd proc Instruments of Virtue, which not only equalizes the loss of cast speed form wand, but even beats it by 5%, if u would have the very best roll.

When a melee mob runs to u and starts bashing u, u whirl away, get fortify and increase ur survivability for all the next dmg. It saved me so many times.

And now imagine Instruments of Virtue + sulphur flask ;)

"
Blattspinat wrote:

EDIT: Btw, do you use surgeon's flasks? Against single targets orb of storms is pretty slow at generating flask charges, so maybe some other prefix might be better there. Then again it's always nice to have at least something when there's nothing around to kill.

I have one surgeons life flask just in case. Rest or other mods, since i find them way more useful for this build.

In general all ppl have different play styles, so yes, do adapt builds for ur personal use. If u find some other stuff suits u better, go for it, test it ;)

Try chieftain and tell what u think. The insane advantage of inquisitor r the red maps. If u dont play them a lot, chieftain may even suit u better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info