[2.2][Video] Crit capped, EB, MoM, BM, cheap, easy 4L Atziri Flame Totem (Currently 86k dps).

This is an updated variation of the build i did in previous league. All the ideas stayed the same, if you would like more information, please go to this thread.

This is a 2nd try. I tried to play a more recklessly, to show the limits of the defensive and offensive capabilities.

Stats at the time of the video

Gear at the time of the video(Mantle was a 4L)

4L Totem

Major changes to original build:

- I dont use full to chaos conversion anymore. Inevitable Judgment is used. The benefits of the Infernal Mantle overweight the loss of ignoring enemy resistances for 25% of the dmg.
- Since 2.0 gems changed and were added to the game, i make use of it.
- Ascendancy class obviously.

Current Status:

- Replaced Romira's Banquet with Essence Worm with Anger in it. Change curser and charge generator form Incinerate to Orb of Storms.
- Using Whirling Blades and Orb of Storms to proc both bonuses of Instruments of Virtue. Totem does not proc it, since it is placed and not cast.
- As a side note. Dual wielding another similar weapons gives easy over 80k dps(with best 2nd i have 81.5k). I can not afford to use it, will be not lightning res caped.

Stats

Gear

Gems

Main 5L:

Curse and charge generation:

Movement:

+

Utility:

Aura in Essence Worm:

Last edited by 1337fun on Apr 2, 2016, 11:12:11 AM
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2016, 5:58:25 PM
How does Mind over Matter interact with Blood Magic?
/Sparkman

IGN: TerraTango
"
TeamSparks wrote:
How does Mind over Matter interact with Blood Magic?

Follow the very 1st link on top for explanation.
I'm trying this build in Standard right now on a respecced character.

Basically how do you tackle the play. I'm using the totems as the main damage to clear everything, after manually casting enduring cry. Which seems to be fine so far, but I am not really in any tough situations right now I am trying to get accustomed to the style.

When do you use Orb of Storms? As needed or every time a mob is around?

I am also curious about the Lighting trap, at what point do you find it necessary or are you using it only at certain times?

So For now I am not fighting hard areas or maps, and just looking for a bit of advice about the playstyle.

I really like the build and am looking to down Atziri for the first time with it but don't think I am ready as not smooth with the play.
"
Viperface wrote:

When do you use Orb of Storms? As needed or every time a mob is around?

For bosses or big though packs. Everything else just vanishes, after i placed the totems.
"
Viperface wrote:

I am also curious about the Lighting trap, at what point do you find it necessary or are you using it only at certain times?

I keep it for bosses mostly. Maps with stacked mods, which makes mobs very though(for example, temp chains + enfeeble + monster life and/or less dmg from crits) i use it for most blue packs. It is also very very good for atziri fights, especially for the vaal oversouls.

Generally i just run around placing totems and collecting loot and keeping the endu charges up. If u feel the need for more survivability, u can use discipline or AA int he ring.
thanks for the reply...

Ok, so that is what I have basically been doing also. That's why I asked about those items as so for I really haven't had the need for them, but I am going through Act 4 right now just because I had not played this Templar since they introduced Act 4. Plus the Golem orbs are in the act as well as some better drops, plus it allow me to get used to the playstyle in general and when to flask and use the specials.

The one thing I also have been curious about is your actual fire totems, they seem to be doing so much more spread and speed than mine at the moment. You don't mention using any multiple projectiles or increased spell casting in the links but it sure looks alot like the lmp or gmp is in effect, but so far I have not added any jewels to my tree.

Thanks again for the input and the work on posting your build, I'll keep using this until Perandus is over. Hopefully this will net my first Atziri kill.
I have some cast speed and proj speed on jewels and that's it.

It may look like it, cuz u watch a video and not play it. Maybe u even play in different resolution, than i do. This can lead to different perception of the game play.
Hi 1337fun, how did you get 82 of dexterity? I am becoming really crazy to get enought dexterity to use hish level of dexterity gems.

thanks for all the guide, is amazing this build.
"
Jorick wrote:
Hi 1337fun, how did you get 82 of dexterity? I am becoming really crazy to get enought dexterity to use hish level of dexterity gems.

thanks for all the guide, is amazing this build.

Hi, 14 dex templar has naturally, 20(10+10) from shadow start tree and 48 from the ring. Getting dex for this build is probably the biggest problem. If u r still lvling, u can use 1 or 2 30 dex (Alacrity and/or Agility) nodes available. I used 1 of them for a while.

Very easy way to fix it, is an amulet. I got my hands on the one, that has 0 stats on it but other great ones, so i bought the ring, to be able to wear it. Before i used one, which had dex implicit and a 30 dex node. Than i got a very cheap(2c i think) another ring and unspeced 30 dex, but still was missing 1 dex to wear that amu. So i bought the diamond ring later. Wasnt that expensive, 10c or so.

Here r the previous amu and ring:

What u really want on ur amu is a 30%+ crit multi and 80+ life, rest is optional.
Last edited by 1337fun on Apr 24, 2016, 3:13:40 AM
Thanks for the info. Great job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info