[2.2] Drunk Templar - Cast on Drink Build

"
Siyoo2 wrote:
This is an awesome idea, I am going to try it :)

I made some little changes to your skill tree tho :
Connecting through scion area feel strange to me, I would rather connect through witch-shadow, grabbing written in blood and doom cast cluster for more crit.

Also I see no reason to not grab Elementalist, Devotion and the jewel node on top of it, seems pretty efficient to me.

I also removed Vaal Pact, but I am not sure about this one, is it necessary?

Here's the passive tree with the changes (108pts)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAPndi4zAmgmq2fzAZgSzPAVFR6IAn9_vfDLR8B-aO-vuaPKCm3yDpwgc3K9s7DgRLY9G2t2PGgthOtiFeyycHRTGricvZlQFQvrSjmQ8LZBVQZYWb_emg1-DzBo4rrPQ9SSq42q2-rc-TLM26f4KBAfQH5eV8kXYvYPb7-tSUzrhNZJVxj1fl_SmV_6POlhtGU3jIvRsC5Mnvop_xqEvytMRlrQMBx4OSEZxlS5d8oMJ8NUqC2-ej_pJUXBS8bOcpOv1idNLV4cTZJ2MNsDjdwfyHVVLYeImlQ==

What do you think about it?

Edit: just realised "the harvest" price, not gonna try it finally, but I wish I could ^^'

You need arcane chemistry for flask upkeep and profane chemistry for life regaining. Thats why i pathed through scion. Vaal pact is very necessary for mapping and not dieing to reflect. My current tree takes elementalist and many jewel slots, but not the jewel behind elementalist. It is a 3 point travel (2 +10s + jewel) and there are many 2 point jewel slots to grab first. After the 2/1 point jewel slots it is still better to grab the jewel slots with like +6% spell damage pathing in scion than a jewel slot with stat pathing, in my opinion.
"
xSCII wrote:

I am aware i picked up an extra 20% chaos res. This lets me reach 4-5k hp while still taking minimum damage from doedres flask. Dropping the chaos res and leveling up my CWDT gems gives minimal dps increase, in my opinion. Most damage comes from auras + discharge.

You can take the 5 points that you spend for the Purity of Flesh cluster and move them into the Heart and Soul cluster for the exact same amount of points and health % - all without gaining chaos res. Unless you're drinking Doedre's and not any health potions, the extra damage it does won't kill you.

Also the level of CWDT itself is very important -- leveling the supported gems is a plus. Do not underestimate more/less damage modifiers. In this build, jumping a gem level AND a 4% more damage on your gems will be a HUGE damage boost. I ran a similar build last league, and I'm currently running a Harvest build this league -- this was true in both cases.

If you still don't agree with me, at least try it out!

Last edited by Exuroo on Mar 16, 2016, 11:35:41 PM
correct me if im wrong but wouldnt investing 7 points to get +1 power/endurance/frenzy charges and leveling cwdt to lvl 15 and discharge to level 17 be a really nice dps increase (4 levels of cwdt = 16%dmg + 3 levels of discharge = roughtly 20-30% dmg + 1 extra charge of each type = 33% dmg).
i would get the templar endurance charge(4 points), witch power charge(2 points) and bandits frenzy charge(1 point).
this also means that youd get near the jewel slot and some nice life nodes.
"
filipmunze wrote:
correct me if im wrong but wouldnt investing 7 points to get +1 power/endurance/frenzy charges and leveling cwdt to lvl 15 and discharge to level 17 be a really nice dps increase (4 levels of cwdt = 16%dmg + 3 levels of discharge = roughtly 20-30% dmg + 1 extra charge of each type = 33% dmg).
i would get the templar endurance charge(4 points), witch power charge(2 points) and bandits frenzy charge(1 point).
this also means that youd get near the jewel slot and some nice life nodes.

It would definitely do more damage but its up to personal preference at that point. My discharge on 3 charges does 20k tooltip which is more than enough to steamroll content with the casts/sec. A high enough discharge damage also might have potential to one shot you to reflect.
can u do this on hc ?
"
Fritureprins wrote:
can u do this on hc ?

The build can actually be quite tanky as im currently at 4.5k life, using a lightning coil, and every time i use a health flask it heals for ~1500 hp. If you wanted to push it more HC viable, all the jewel slots you take should have some maximum life, along with some more life on the passive tree (Think an extra ~30% max life from jewels + 30% extra life from tree) , and your 5th flask should be something like a rumis instead of a quicksilver (rumis would have 100% uptime).I'd use immortal call in the discharge setup for max tank, socketed before discharge (so everytime you use immortal call it uses 3 endurance charges) This will obviously lower dps, however.

Some problems youll encounter if you try to use this for HC: Prone to mistakes, can doedres flask yourself to death if youre not playing the build perfectly. Cant stack meta flasks ( rumis + taste of hate + ..) since you need atleast 2 doedre + 2 divine flasks. Without a coil the build can seem squishy and possibly be one shotted. Overall while the build WOULD be hardcore viable, maybe even as a Champion for perma fortify as well, it would be much more effort and difficulty than other very effective hardcore viable builds. You can die to something as simple as lagging out or improper flask usage.
Trying to level but seems discharge is not powerful enough to kill trash.
What gear was you using and how you want generating charges?
"
commonjunks wrote:
Trying to level but seems discharge is not powerful enough to kill trash.
What gear was you using and how you want generating charges?

Grabbed spell crit in tree, dual wielded perpetus axiom for ~260% spell crit, grabbed extra power charges, ungils harmony necklace for 100% crit chance, and dual blasphemy assassins+warlords mark for critchance/leech/charge on kill. While leveling i was ascended as hierophant to use the charge node, but it is extremely not necessary. Wear a volls chest and your discharge should be something like Discharge - (blood magic if needed ) - increased critical strikes - inc aoe / conc aoe. I was pretty much always able to go from pack to pack discharging and one shotting. High hp rares / bosses might have been a little difficult to deal with, though.

Much fun indeeed !
The greatest tragedy in life is wasted talent.!
And remember exiles, good loot it's a illusion.
Thank you, was able to level but i didn't understand what you mentioned

"Every time we sip from doedres flask it triggers vaal molten shell".

For me using Doedres flask don't trigger Vaal molten shell, i trigger manually. But yah it is fun :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info