2.2 Eluminator's Essence Drain & Contaigon Trickster with Righteous Fire!

not sure if you need more aoe, and ive never played ed but you could spec into the scion life regen, grab the jewel socket and put intuitive leap in there and grab the aoe above it?
Do we have to be scared of bosses?
Is this build viable for higher maps?
We profit from high regen but can we sustain multiple hits (expect typical oneshoots)

Sry if you already awnsered these in your Video watched it twice just to get a good luck at it.

Keep up the good work :)
Last edited by marcel2142 on Mar 17, 2016, 6:20:39 PM
"
marcel2142 wrote:
We profit from high regen but can we sustain multiple hits (expect typical oneshoots)

Sry if you already awnsered these in your Video watched it twice just to get a good luck at it.

not OP but here's my experience so far:

I'm currently doing T5 maps at level 75 without much issue and a stupid fast clear speed. Most common deaths are to poison clouds, one hits, corrupting blood and volatile blood mobs who explode on death. I'm having issues maintaining my map pool.

Bosses and one hit damage was a major issue until I finish phase acro. It was still a problem but you can play safe pretty easy with whirling blades. I picked up daresso's armor and now one-hits are no longer a problem. I rarely get chunked down in one hit now.

The map bosses are pretty easy for the most part. I have yet to finish act 4 though... maligaro wrecks me. There's no way to keep charges up during that fight and you run out of pots pretty fast due the inability to dodge his traps.

I can see survivability being just fine with 5k life. I'm not even running shaper seed yet, nor do I feel the need - probably better off with a good rare amulet with a ton of life and STR.
Last edited by BruceWirris on Mar 17, 2016, 6:37:09 PM
"
Wertlok1111 wrote:

The dps tooltip is 13k damage from Essence drain and 29k damage over time from Essence drain. One projectile is enough to kill every rare I have faced so far with the damage over time from Essence drain. You don't go Righteous Fire right?

No, I don't. Idea is nice but way too edgy for me. I have around 40k ED degen now on a 6link. Completely different tree.

Also, you are wrong about binos being useless for this build. Yes, on itself it is useless, but not if you use it paired with consuming dark. Free poison from consuming that gets spreaded through free prolif from binos results in significant aoe dps boost (at least it did so in 2.1, I need to test it soon if it is still worth it after poison nerfs in 2.2). You dont even need poison gem for this
Last edited by raxleberne on Mar 18, 2016, 11:04:58 PM
"
denjoyfrost wrote:
Hello.Thanks for build!
Can you tell me which ascendancy points you grab first and last?

You want Patient Reaper first. The rest doesn't matter. If you want to not care about mana while using your movementskill, get "walk the aether", else just get the frenzy one.
"
raxleberne wrote:
"
Wertlok1111 wrote:

The dps tooltip is 13k damage from Essence drain and 29k damage over time from Essence drain. One projectile is enough to kill every rare I have faced so far with the damage over time from Essence drain. You don't go Righteous Fire right?

No, I don't. Idea is nice but way too edgy for me. I have around 40k ED degen now on a 6link. Completely different tree.

Also, you are wrong about binos being useless for this build. Yes, on itself it is useless, but not if you use it paired with consuming dark. Free poison from consuming that gets spreaded through free prolif from binos results in significant aoe dps boost (at least it did so in 2.1, I need to test it soon if it is still worth it after poison nerfs in 2.2). You dont even need poison gem for this

You do realise that I am using RF and thus have to use RotP. I can't dual wield damage weapon, which implies that Binos is pretty bad for this build :D Poison is nice, but not a core mechanic of this build. I will probably hit 50k dot dps with a 6 link and level 20 gems - depending on the level of the empower, if I had one :P
"
marcel2142 wrote:

Thanks,
This build is viable in higher maps. I just did a t11 map with enfeeble and mobs still fall over.

Despite that I have to admit that with a 5 link you might hit a ceiling in damage. If I used vulnerability as a curse, that would potentially be enough to clear t15 maps, but you want enfeeble as your defense. If you have a 6 link with empower, damage will never be a problem :D

In terms of defense I have yet to see a mob hit me for more than 50% of my hp. With my flasks and endurance charges (which are always up because of my chest), I have 50%+ phys damage mitigation (which is not armour and thus more poverfull). Then I have max dodge and 6k evasion with blasphemy enfeeble.
I can easily facetank Argus in Merciless. T10 mobs with vulnerability and a damage mod on the map wasn't a problem either. In PoE onehits can never be avoided completely, but even blue porcupions in a t10 with a dmg mod didn't hurt me when they all exploded next to me. I also did double Dominus in a Residence and that was pretty easy. I will see how far I can take this build. I will hit 6k hp when I hit level 90 (I am curently level 87 with 5.7k hp).
"
swizzleigh wrote:
not sure if you need more aoe, and ive never played ed but you could spec into the scion life regen, grab the jewel socket and put intuitive leap in there and grab the aoe above it?

I could see that working out, but I am not certain whether 3 points are worth getting 10% AoE.
I just uploaded an early merciless run. This video was recorded on day seven when I was level 86.
Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/OlMje55X28M
Last edited by Wertlok1111 on Mar 20, 2016, 5:42:00 PM
great build, loving it so far. Leveling with ED also went pretty smooth/straightforward if you use elreon jews. Never had mana or dmg problems, the switch to RF just made clearing even faster. I even used an Aurumvorax from my trash stash for the all res until far into merciless, the dmg was more than enough even with this non spell dmg weapon (with a cheap 5L chest though).

But how do you sustain Frenzy charges? I have all regen nodes from your tree, which is enough for RF alone, but my life drains way too fast when I add Blood Rage. Or am I missing something (first time using RF)?

My character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Inchoately/characters
IGN: -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info