[2.4] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Slayer Duelist (90k+DPS) [budget,acrobatics,evasion,leech] - Core Clear

"
maxwolfie wrote:
Currently level 66 and have finished with the left hand side of the tree.

I am a bit wary of going Evasion, mainly because of my complete lack of experience, but also because pretty much every other similar Cyclone guide goes Armour. Is there something about Cyclone or the leech mechanic that lends itself to Evasion rather than Armour? I am thinking that there is, as you mentioned that "Evasion & dodge allows us to leech full between hits, which really nice so far". What does this mean exactly, and how does it work?

Regardless, still having a lot of fun.

It's just a nice synergy:
1. You get hit, you lose some life
2. Evasion and dodge means it is highly unlikely to get hit again in the near time, meaning we have time to leech back our life
3. By the time next hit comes you should be back at full life because of the massive amount of leech

Not to mention evasion protects against critical hits by making them happen a lot less than compared to armor.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Nice!! let´s try
Last edited by OldboyNZ on Nov 10, 2016, 11:13:27 AM
Why you are using bloodlust instead of added fire on ele reflect?
"
maxrightgame wrote:
Why you are using bloodlust instead of added fire on ele reflect?

Because bloodlust will amplify your physical damage against bleeding enemies.
However it is a bit gear specific gem (Atziri's Disfavour bleeds on hit), so on elemental reflect maps I leap slam into packs to bleed them and then inflict more damage on the bleeded enemies.

If you run a melee totem it's also a good way to proc the bleeds with Disfavour.
Hey Mannoth!,

I am loving your build, but am having a few issues/concerns, that I feel I could really use some help with by the creator.

Question #1: I'm having problems with my health. I feel it is largely due to my Carcass Jack + Essence Worm. I'm sitting at 4,897 at lvl 85. Any advice?

Edit: Managed to 6L a Belly of the Beast, sitting at 5,278HP now.

Question #2: How important is the Essence Worm? I'm using it at the moment and I'm feeling like I'm missing out by not having more life etc. on another ring. I can't afford to use a Ming's at the moment, due to my current health pool (I don't think I'd live long at all).

If I didn't use an Essence Worm or Ming's, how bad of an idea would it be to swap out my Vaal Lightning Strike 4L with something like a...Grace+Reduced Mana (or Enlighten? Honestly not sure which is best)+Blasphemy+Enfeeblement/Punishment?

Question #3: How important is the Increased Duration on the Cast When Damage Taken 4L? Was considering maybe a Molten Shell or another Enduring Cry? (tho I think the Enduring Cry wouldn't proc enough to make it not needed to cast).

Thank you so much for your time :) Sorry for the potentially stupid questions but I wanted to make sure on some things.

Edit: Also, due to some colour problems on my chest piece (6L Carcass) I'm using Ancestral Warchief-Concentrated Effect (mostly mitigated by my Carcass Jack)-Melee Physical - Faster Attacks - Physical to Lightning - Added Fire. It works pretty decently actually, and the Physical to Lightning keeps it from reflect killing itself.

Edit 2: With my 6L Belly I'm using a set up of "Ancestral Warchief - Melee Physical - Added Fire - Concentrated Effect - Bloodlust - Faster Attack. Not sure if this is a better option than Protector or not though, without Carcass's area increase to mitigate Conc Effect..
Last edited by Malibear on Nov 29, 2016, 1:39:37 AM
"
Malibear wrote:
Hey Mannoth!,

I am loving your build, but am having a few issues/concerns, that I feel I could really use some help with by the creator.

Question #1: I'm having problems with my health. I feel it is largely due to my Carcass Jack + Essence Worm. I'm sitting at 4,897 at lvl 85. Any advice?

Edit: Managed to 6L a Belly of the Beast, sitting at 5,278HP now.

Question #2: How important is the Essence Worm? I'm using it at the moment and I'm feeling like I'm missing out by not having more life etc. on another ring. I can't afford to use a Ming's at the moment, due to my current health pool (I don't think I'd live long at all).

If I didn't use an Essence Worm or Ming's, how bad of an idea would it be to swap out my Vaal Lightning Strike 4L with something like a...Grace+Reduced Mana (or Enlighten? Honestly not sure which is best)+Blasphemy+Enfeeblement/Punishment?

Question #3: How important is the Increased Duration on the Cast When Damage Taken 4L? Was considering maybe a Molten Shell or another Enduring Cry? (tho I think the Enduring Cry wouldn't proc enough to make it not needed to cast).

Thank you so much for your time :) Sorry for the potentially stupid questions but I wanted to make sure on some things.

Edit: Also, due to some colour problems on my chest piece (6L Carcass) I'm using Ancestral Warchief-Concentrated Effect (mostly mitigated by my Carcass Jack)-Melee Physical - Faster Attacks - Physical to Lightning - Added Fire. It works pretty decently actually, and the Physical to Lightning keeps it from reflect killing itself.

Edit 2: With my 6L Belly I'm using a set up of "Ancestral Warchief - Melee Physical - Added Fire - Concentrated Effect - Bloodlust - Faster Attack. Not sure if this is a better option than Protector or not though, without Carcass's area increase to mitigate Conc Effect..

Hi, let's see if I can help :)

I used Essence worm for running a buffed up grace (level 22) and hatred while keeping my mana free enough to leech. Later I dropped hatred because my DPS was good enough and switched to blasphemy+enfeeble & Ming's Heart in order to deal with heavy chaos damage and keep some of my DPS in check (Ming's 20% phys as chaos mainly, and hatred is cold damage which will get reduced by boss resistances much further than chaos from mings).

Essence worm/Ming's Heart isn't a necessity, I used Essence Worm until my mana leech could sustain me running Grace+Blasphemy+Enlighten (I dropped Hatred because DPS was good enough) and not running out of mana. I later switched to Ming's Heart in order to take down Core (before it was nerfed), as Maligaro deals insane chaos damage and I was happy with my life pool with it.

My suggested setup is that if you feel DPS is good enough switch out Punishment for Enfeeble in order to make up for lesser life pool without Kaom's Heart.
Ancestrail Warchief is much better than protector because it can be used to assist versus boss minions if needed.

You can check out my current link setup on my profile, character name Kremnon.
I haven't played him in a while but nothing really changed except slayer getting buffed so nothing to say about that.

As you keep leveling up your life should be rising a bit also. You probably won't be reaching 7k life without Kaom's Heart like my character but 6k should be possible around level 90 if you have a few life nodes to take or some gear to upgrade.

I will see to update the build guide for breach league with some of the more asked questions and remove some old stuff in the process.
Will the build be the same for 2.5 or are you making some changes?
i guess this build will still be strong in 2.5 due to melee weapon base range increase

dunno what to change in the build :D
"

i guess this build will still be strong in 2.5 due to melee weapon base range increase

dunno what to change in the build :D

Yep, should be stronger than before and more fun to play.
Now only if pebbles on the ground weren't so annoying :)

"
Demonzu wrote:
Will the build be the same for 2.5 or are you making some changes?

Pretty much the same because there has been no changes to our ascendancy or passives.

That being said I will look into the new uniques and discuss potential new gearing options if they fit in the build.
i have 1 question: do you also think its viable to focus on armor ( get iron reflexes )

im not a fan of evasion, and if i get items like devoto's or lightning coil IR will be very strong

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info