[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

THIS BUILD ITS OP LIKE A SHIT!!! MI CHARACTER =D rape all and now im rich https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MachineCTM/characters !!!
almost same with my build . and yeah explosion rocks ! long live Cleave Dual Wielders!
@BestWurstinTown

cool. good luck on the 6l

@nekonx

yeah it is the only source of frenzy/endurance charges, so I would give it priority

@ricesteam

I did it quite late at around level 75-80. You need concentrated effect though, to burst down the bosses.

@zexx0

Haha no worries

@MachineCTM

awesome really glad you're enjoying it. But your account is private though so I can't see your characters.

@HudaZki

Cleave FTW!
Last edited by cookees on Mar 16, 2016, 8:01:28 PM
This build is great, most fun I've had with Melee in a long time. I respec'd a standard character and am actually using the rigwald axe from last league as it has bleed on hit as well and does more damage. Not sure if the leech from jack the ax would make that much difference. I Just throw the gear I have on together and am wrecking stuff in mid tier maps. Cleave does the most damage but I've also been playing around with sunder which works well too ranged in a way.

Here's what Im currently using:

Spoiler
Ok Now you can see mi character!! https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MachineCTM/characters
Looks really cool! Will try it out soon.

Also very nice music in your video :)
I feel kinda squishy with my duelist. So far, most powerful character I've made since I started playing.

I got very lucky leveling him, an exalt dropped while fighting Kraityn in cruel, used that to buy the soultaker. I used Hatred and Herald of ash for as long as I could use both, abusing the hell out of mana flasks all the way to level 59, reserving 75% of my mana, leaving me about 80 to cleave stuff.

Additionally, when I started my character, you hadn't made the leveling trees yet, so I made my own. Instead of going slowly from duelist to marauder to finish in the templar area, after level 6, I went straight toward the templar area, grabbing the HP regen nodes in the way (which turned up to be massively useful during leveling). From there I branched out, to finally respec the extra points at 65 when I got my Jack the Axe.

I did the first Ascendancy and grabbed the bleed explosion passives over the frenzy/endurance charge ones, because I've been using Frenzy and Enduring cry for those and I can wait before I get the other ascendancy points.

What are you thoughts on not using Iron reflexes? I haven't skilled it yet and I'm fairly certain the extra evasion stopped me from being dealt close-to-lethal blows from some bosses.

Additionally, what are you thoughts on using different auras(Grace for example) / not using Bringer of rain (that shit be expensive yo)? I'm currently rocking a pretty decent 5L and I noticed that before I had Greater AoE socketed, I was getting significantly more Ash explosions over blood explosions.

The tree had a lot of damage and so far I don't really see it necessary to get that much damage. I'll probably branch out and grab more survivability in the Scion health wheel.
Last edited by PrivateRiem on Mar 17, 2016, 2:28:30 AM
I noticed you have 0 chaos resist on your gear... it is not worth picking up any?
I'd like to give a small update on my progress with this build. After about 5 or 6 days playing with this build i managed to kill Atziri. First time ever with a melee character.

(Of course i got the cold dmg belt :P)

hey,
i started my own build and stumbeled across yours... ill try to reach as much as possible dw-block with 2 of the new swords... mb you can take a look at my char and tell me what to optimize... i dont play duelist that much... :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info