[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

@stephenp1983

Hmm I see, nice gear btw. Rigwald's is an interesting alternative to jack the axe if you're in standard. Glad you like it!

@MachineCTM

Wow I took a look at your build, you're level 84 and your gear is really really good! Probably better than mine lol! Gratz!

@Autoritate

Haha thankyou! The songs are 'Dethroned' and 'Aqua Vitae'

@tauwyt

Yeah I was a bit lazy searching for chaos resistance, but I recommend you should try and find a little chaos res on your gear if you can, this will help with some bosses like the jungle valley boss. But we do have heaps of life regen, so we can withstand desecrated ground and chaos DOT damage easily.

@PrivateRiem

Nice work! About Iron reflexes, I generally prefer having quite a bit of armour to help with mitigation to survive big hits, along with our 5 endurance charges. We already have a 50% evade chance from Blind from Bringer of Rain and 30% reduced accuracy from Enfeeble, along with 30% block.

So we don't get hit a lot, but when we do, we can get hit hard, which is why I prefer getting as much armour as I can. But this is optional, you don't have to go Iron reflexes if you feel you don't want to.

I think Bringer of Rain is quite good for this build, as it provides an immense DPS boost, as well as strong survivability boost, in the form of endurance charge on block, high life, block chance and Blind. The latter which allows you to tank very strong bosses. Bringer of rain isn't that expensive these days, probably around 12c, so it is easy to save for, especially if you sell your coins.

Grace is an interesting and defensive choice you can replace Hatred with, but it does reduce your DPS by quite a bit so it depends on how defensive you want your character to be.

I think if you want to take more life points, don't take the scion life wheel since it's a bit inefficient, instead go for the all life nodes at the marauder and duelist starting area. Also get 7% maximum life on your jewels.

Anyways, good luck with your character!

@marios707

dammnnn nice work bro!! Congratz. It was my first time clearing Atziri with a melee character as well!

@XRacKS

Hey man, I took a look at your build and sadly it has a few issues. I think a Bringer of Rain would work really well with your build, it gives you 6% additional block chance and a LOT more damage you can work with. I also think varunastra builds should take a lot more jewel sockets, since you can get really insane jewels for very cheap with varunastra since every weapon mod gives it damage.

Also I suggest dropping Carnage heart, the item is not very good anymore since the 25% reduced life is really huge, try to get a rare amulet with high phys damage and life. Also, since you are a non-crit build, you should try and get resolute technique for 100% accuracy. Your rings are quite bad as well, try to get rings similar to mine, with high damage and life/resists.

Your gloves and boots also have no life on them, so try to get at least 50+ life on each of those gears. You might need some mana leech too, so you can drop the mana flask (drop mana flows and grab essence sap). I also think going for 'gemini' on your skill tree is very inefficient but that's up to you I guess, I would instead go for slashing comeback. It gives you 4% block as well as a nice chunk of damage as well.

Overall, your build does need some work, but it can be fixed with the right gear and tree adjustments.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 17, 2016, 5:38:47 AM
"

@XRacKS

Hey man, I took a look at your build and sadly it has a few issues. I think a Bringer of Rain would work really well with your build, it gives you 6% additional block chance and a LOT more damage you can work with. I also think varunastra builds should take a lot more jewel sockets, since you can get really insane jewels for very cheap with varunastra since every weapon mod gives it damage.

Also I suggest dropping Carnage heart, the item is not very good anymore since the 25% reduced life is really huge, try to get a rare amulet with high phys damage and life. Also, since you are a non-crit build, you should try and get resolute technique for 100% accuracy. Your rings are quite bad as well, try to get rings similar to mine, with high damage and life/resists.

Your gloves and boots also have no life on them, so try to get at least 50+ life on each of those gears. You might need some mana leech too, so you can drop the mana flask (drop mana flows and grab essence sap). I also think going for 'gemini' on your skill tree is very inefficient, instead go for slashing comeback. It gives you 4% block as well as a nice chunk of damage as well.

Overall, your build does need some work, but it can be fixed with the right gear and tree adjustments.

Hey, thanks for the fast reply!
I alrdy got a bringer of rain but currently farming for better gear! I dont think i really need RT since i alrdy got way more than 92%+ acc but i take it into consideration.
Point taken on the jewel nodes!
The Gear itself are just placeholders only using Carnage Heart, because I found it and it provides me with leech and 20% all res thats the only reason. I´ll save up for some decent jeweles. To be honest the mana flask is arelique that i havent dropped yet since my dw swords provide me with +6mana for each enemy hit its self sustaining :)
For the gemini part i have to agree with you i alrdy thought to drop it but that would hurt my block chance but than again would free up a lot of points elsewhere and i alrdy planned to go for slashing comeback later on. First i want to get dirty techniques for the chance to poison since im attacking with around 5aps.
What do you think about this pathing? Tree
Last edited by XRacKS on Mar 17, 2016, 5:19:31 AM
@XRackS

Yep that tree looks a lot better than before. Maybe just drop the mana flows later on as well. If you plan on running Bloodrage, I would also recommend picking up the Frenzy charges. For your 'By the Blade' cluster, pick up the other 2 nodes as well since they give 24% increased physical damage each.

Yeah you can also get block chance on your jewels as well if necessary, as well as run Anvil for 8% more block chance, but it does lower your DPS.

Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Mar 17, 2016, 5:31:51 AM
I really don't understand why would you go for outmatch and outlast ? It would do you no good on some hard boss fights on higher level maps since its triggered on kill and there are some encounters where there is just no trash around. And what is the big deal doing bloodrage and taking aura curse warrlords mark. If you do that you could increase your survibability ALOT just by leaching recharging your flasks faster and taking PainForged that actually increases your dmg by 40% when not taking dmg or increasing your block by 8% when taking dmg... only thing you must drop is one dmg aura that is outperformed by PainForged it self.

here is my own version of dual wield cleave gladiator

tree:

my gears with link gems on it:
Spoiler

dps with hatred aura only:
100k with increased aoe gem
160k with concentrated effect gem

defense:
55% physical reduction with grace aura only

resist:
75% on elemental and chaos

attack and spell block:
51% with painforged which is up all the time during enemies' encounter

total HP:

It's really awesome build! Thank you dude! I can't stop playing
Last edited by melidikt on Mar 17, 2016, 7:49:26 PM
@Malamojapruskisatelitu

hey man, I can usually melt bosses in a few seconds with conc effect so it is generally not an issue. Most map bosses usually have monsters around them anyways. Permanent frenzy and endurance charges while mapping is a really nice defensive and offensive boost.

@HudaZki

Ah, thanks for sharing your build. That's some really nice gear you have, especially the legacy BoR and axe. I also like how you cap out your chaos resistance. You also run grace aura over herald of ash and AA, which is quite interesting.

Overall nice build man, and great work on getting to level 95!

@melidikt

haha thanks, glad you're having fun!
Last edited by cookees on Mar 17, 2016, 8:11:30 PM
woops accidentally double posted
Last edited by cookees on Mar 17, 2016, 8:11:22 PM
thx again for the help... :)
i went on a shopping spree yesterday and spend some regrets for my new passiv tree

Thats my gear
Spoiler

HP is like 4,2k with level 76
Reaching around 50% block (doing merc lab today for spell block)
dps on cleave is 48k with auras - no charges
dps on cyclone is around 14k i think
dps on vaal cyclone is something around 9k

thx again for you thought and gl with your build and guide!
@XRacKS

Ah nice, it improved a lot from before. Feel free to ask for any other help if you need it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info