[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
Whipthor wrote:
Hi,

Liking the build so far, but is there any option to Soultaker that could instead be a sword or dagger? Ive been running whirling blades up until lvl 50ish, and now without it I find myself not liking the leap slam skill for moveability.

You would lose all the + axe dmg nodes, so no.
Just got Decree of Fury on my gloves, it's a nice boost for the clearspeed.

This build is fun and cheap, nice job man!
Build looks really cool. I'm actually playing your ST build right now, but I might try this if I get bored.
@radocc

I think their ok, the increased damage against bleeding enemies is quite nice, but generally other passives are a bit better and we don't really need the bleed chance or increased bleed damage since we just rely on the bleed to explode enemies on death.

@Majkon8

I don't die a lot, most of my deaths were due to lag sometimes from the perandus chests :( So it should be HC viable and I know some ppl playing this build in HC, just try to get 5.5k - 6k life by level 85 and should be good.

@Whipthor

I think you can get movespeed on boots and quicksilver to run really fast. Otherwise you can replace soul taker with varunastra, but you will need a source of mana leech and you also have to drop either herald of ash or arctic armour.

@FullgtO

haha thankyou!

@Jarmanuel

ah k, hope your enjoying the st build and lemme know if you have any questions for any of my builds.

Last edited by cookees on Mar 15, 2016, 10:52:37 PM
Hey

I love this build - currently rocking around 60k dps on my cleave and having a blast.

One thing I was wondering: Once I get higher up in levels (think 90+) and - rnjeesus willing - get some more currency, what would you say about dropping the Bringer of Rain for a 6L Carcass Jack and a good rare helmet ?

I was wondering if the dps / def of this build could be improved even further by going 6L Cleave using lvl 20/ max quality faster attacks and melee physical dmg.

It would also open up some interesting things, possibly more auras (?) or buffs to buff our dmg/defenses even further.

Have you considered trying this or am I just building castles in the sand now ? :D
@BestWurstinTown

Hmm, if you can afford a 6L carcass jack, I think that might provide you with a higher DPS. Although you do lose some survivability without the blind and block chance.

I'm not sure if your damage would increase though, since Bringer of rain gives 20-30 flat physical damage which is pretty good. The area of effect would improve massively with a carcass jack though.

I haven't really considered this as it's unlikely for me to afford a 6L Carcass/Belly/Coil atm.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 16, 2016, 4:20:14 AM
Yeah I see what you say about the block..but I could add some block via jewels maybe ..I already have one with block chance, aoe and phys dmg.

I was just thinking I could counterbalance the increased aoe from carcass with a conc effect and free up one jewel slot for even more crazyness.

I think once I got myself a decent carcass I'll 6l it (swimming in fusings and it's only getting worse xD)

I'll try to update once I actually make that happen. I've been looking for a way to push the dps while maybe making reflect maps less hard :D
Hey , just wanted to say the build is a lot of fun.
I've got a question regarding the ascension points, is "outmatch and outlast" the only source for frenzy/endurance charges ?
If it is , it has priority over getting "blood in the eyes ", right ? Asking because im movement challengend and merciless lab isnt looking that inviting to be honest ;)
At what level did you complete Merci Lab? I failed miserably at 68. Twice. I was close in the third round but got one-shotted by the boss.
I'm loving this build so far, it's a throwback to the blender builds of old. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info