[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
Do u use cleave or lacerate?
Do u use threshold jewel(cleave)?It gives u almost permanenet fortify and massive aoe.
Do u use CWDT enfeeble set up?
Do u use defensive flasks rumi/lions roar/-20% phys damage one? Legacy rumi's is BiS, but i am fine just by using normal one.Lion's roar is probably BiS if u are using lacerate.
My current flask set up:

Verified

Verified

Verified

Verified

Verified

Witchfire is my personal choise, i feel myself safe enought to not to run a -20% phys flask in 5th slot like i used before.
Do u know how waterways boss works? he becomes immune for a few secs then he explodes for rly high damage.
Use enduring cry if u think map is hard enought, keeping that 22% phys resist up.
Do u use instant recovery/50% more rec flasks? they save ur life a lot.
I did red maps with soul taker/jack the axe combo and w/o legacy gear, my current gear is far more comfartable to play.
I feel like u are doing something wrong, this build isnt dying to oneshots but to Volatile mobs in overmoded hightier maps, u should be safe enought even in t15 breaches(doubt i ever died in breach with this build).Maybe ur dps is low enought to clear packs/u are getting stunned and etc.
I had no problems with any t15 but dark forest, since rigwald vulnerable only when he spam wolves, and he does insane ammount of damage with it.
Abyss/Coloseum is a joke u can easily facetank both.
Core is okay,On maligaro u burst him down asap, On shavrone u have to kill her fast, but avoid hiting her when she has her reflect up, Doedre is stupid, On Malacai u have to move fast and dodge the mace slam, he wont be able to oneshot u with anything else, kill Piety asap so she wont spam the area witht those lightning vortex things, so u dont get permastunned, at phase 2, its even easier,his oneshotting ability is super slow, and only a goat wont dodge it.
Ovegrown is okay, but there are different warband memebers, and different tactics to kill both.

And about general map mods:
avoid increased fire/cold/ligh combined with extra life/added damage/-% all res/vulnerability at red maps, since Volatile rares will simply one shot u with their corpse, i normal mod maps its fine.
Temp chains combined with chilled ground(well it fucks almost any build, even thou we are super fast, believe u dont wanna combine those)
Less block is anoying but doable, getting into breaches at those maps are pretty hard thou.
Ele reflect is doable if u turn anger/herlad, but u gonna lose a lot of damage, u still can turn them on on boss.
Phys reflect is no, same as blood magic.Single reflect mobs are no problem, we dont crit.
No life/man reg are no problem to be fair, unless combined with desecrated ground.
Thats pretty much it/

Ok so Thank you for the epic reply, it is almost a guide in itself.

My flask setup is very similar to yours, however i opted in for a basalt un-freezing potion instead of atziris. I was running atziris before, but found better results with the tankyness.

I am going to try taste of hate and see, however maybe I am over compensating on freeze protection in general and hate may be overkill.

Now I will say I certainly die in breaches even in t10s sometimes, I am not sure why. I can solo T14 (haven't tried 15 yet) but sometimes a random monster in a breach one shots me. I think the problem is my newness to the game, where I am picking bad mods or poor fights. I started paying more attention to strongboxes and deathrattles (pardon me I am not sure the term in this game) causing explosions.

I think a big issue is going in to maps with vulnerability. I am not sure what that mod does other than just having to assume it is making me take more damage, but I am going to try and dodge it as heavily as I would dodge reflect or chains.

I would link my build but dont have the time to learn how to do so in forums atm. Thanks for helping a new player. I know you have no reason or gain from doing so, but it is very appreciated.

Last question I have now that I am pushing higher levels than the guide, should I be focusing on getting a fourth jewel slot for level 94? There is one on the south side of the tree that buffs melee damage and another that buffs armour. I am pushing the melee damage.
Update: Currently level 76, sitting at 38.9k DPS in town with Increased Area of Effect or 58.8k DPS in town with Concentrated Effect.

82k DPS fully buffed (but no flasks) with Increased Area of Effect or 122k DPS fully buffed (but no flasks) with Concentrated Effect.

The above figures do not factor in the 25% more physical damage from Vulnerability (see below).

3.9k life, 5.3k armour with Grace. 3.4k armour without Grace. Capped resists but -60% Chaos Resistance.

Enemies cursed with level 11 Vulnerability take 25% more physical damage (see my Curse on Hit gloves). The interaction with this and CWDT Enfeeble is not great as they overwrite each other. I am considering a Doedre's Damning ring to allow two curses. I can still cap resists fairly easily even after losing a ring slot.

I am particularly interested in receiving feedback on the following:

1.) Gear improvements. The life roll on one of my rings isn't great and my boots have no life roll at all.
2.) Whether or not it is worthwhile wearing CoH Vulnerability gloves. If so, then how to best to manage dual curses, assuming I keep the CWDT Enfeeble setup.
3.) Whether it is worthwhile running a self-cast Flame Golem over a CWDT Flame Golem.

Of course any other comments regarding my progress are welcome.

Thanks for the build.
Last edited by maxwolfie on Mar 22, 2017, 4:17:06 AM
i have done hydra and phönix so far, chimera is kinda tricky because his adds hit like a truck, wil try it with better mods, trying minotaur today.

did all t15 maps, core twinned, died few times but dodge-able

normal atziri was easy, farmed uber lab for enchant, no problems with that

Also specced into unwavering stance, its pretty much needed. I also use winterheart gold amulett for chill immunity. im sitting on 6k life to survive volatile but here and there it gets you-

will replace one life flask with chill for shock or taste of hate

Last edited by Vi0x on Mar 22, 2017, 10:02:16 AM
"
Vi0x wrote:

Weird gem setup you have there: ancestral protector is an "Attack" type gem, you can cast it for free. So put leap slam setup to axe. Moreover why do you have "Blood magic support" in your cast when damage taken setup?

Now just a general question to everyone: how do you afford legacy items? I mean I am level 87, I have like 1 exalt and ~150 chaos and I cant afford any of the legacy versions. And you are sitting with 3 relics?
"
GedasG wrote:
"
Vi0x wrote:

Weird gem setup you have there: ancestral protector is an "Attack" type gem, you can cast it for free. So put leap slam setup to axe. Moreover why do you have "Blood magic support" in your cast when damage taken setup?

Now just a general question to everyone: how do you afford legacy items? I mean I am level 87, I have like 1 exalt and ~150 chaos and I cant afford any of the legacy versions. And you are sitting with 3 relics?

blood rage needs blood magic its not in my cwc setup, leap slam and ancestral moved to axe ty for that

i got lucky with crafting, shavs and sorc boots drop early league

edit: reworked gem setup should be fine now
Last edited by Vi0x on Mar 23, 2017, 6:18:29 AM
"
Vi0x wrote:
i have done hydra and phönix so far, chimera is kinda tricky because his adds hit like a truck, wil try it with better mods, trying minotaur today.

did all t15 maps, core twinned, died few times but dodge-able

normal atziri was easy, farmed uber lab for enchant, no problems with that

Also specced into unwavering stance, its pretty much needed. I also use winterheart gold amulett for chill immunity. im sitting on 6k life to survive volatile but here and there it gets you-

will replace one life flask with chill for shock or taste of hate

Good job dude, and nice gear.
I am not quite sure about unwavering, felt just fine w/o stun immunity, never got permastunned, 1sec stuns are not a big deal.
i have also tried without but its worth 2 points
Last edited by Essem on Mar 24, 2017, 3:25:07 AM
I've been able to do every map so far (aside from HoGM) up to and including tier 15 with little to no problem. Not running guardians yet but hopefully soon. I'm using Rigwald's due to the slightly superior damage, the lack of reduced leech, and no incessant talking!

The Eyes of the Greatwolf allows me to forget about Enduring Cry, which is more of just a nice thing, but the attack and cast speed increase and double implicits is blessed.

Would like to run a taste of hate but making do with what I have, and I hope to upgrade to both legacy Bringer of Rain and Legacy Soul Taker.

Sitting at 5k life, didn't take unwavering stance however, I'm not really getting stunned long which is good.

This is my first time actually trying to deviate from a build, please let me know what you guys think and what I can improve!
Very good build, i however made it a little bit more tanky. I exchanged some frenzy charges nodes for endurance charges nodes and took oak in merciless for +1 endurance charge. I only play hardcore and i like to be more tanky its just my kind of playstyle. mine might not be optimal for sc or even not be optimal for hc but my damage is still more then enough :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info