[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
I_nis_josh wrote:
"
Anbokr wrote:
Has anyone thought of using that new sword, Scaeva?

Yep im currently using it in offhand for extra block and ability to use whirling blades. Miss out on the 100% bleed but i think its worth so far

^ That new ring that was just released that gives 100% bleed and poison on melee hit o_O ("Voidheart" - "Blackheart" upgrade from a prophecy). That opens up a lot of other weapon options aside from jack the axe.

Just out of curiousity, how much block do you reach with Scaeva?

I've been running a shield-charge build, was planning to switch to something similar to this build after I got soul-taker, but now I'm thinking of just using wings of entropy with that 100% bleed ring or roll a new gladiator focused on crit with double scaeva. Too many decisions!
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 8, 2016, 1:20:00 PM
Currently sitting at 48%, plus the 8% when i get hit. Feels very strong, less than 4k hp and already doing tier 6 maps
Last edited by I_nis_josh on Jun 8, 2016, 2:44:31 PM
"
I_nis_josh wrote:
Currently sitting at 48%, plus the 8% when i get hit. Feels very strong, less than 4k hp and already doing tier 6 maps

Yeah skaeva offhand seems pretty ownage. Do you use jack the axe in the main hand?

Can't decide between skaeva + soultaker, jack + skaeva, or wings of entropy lol. Decisions, decisions... I think the double scaeva crit is too risky and wonky, so checked that off for now heh.
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 8, 2016, 2:52:27 PM
Nope I'm using Soul taker in main hand. 25% chance to bleed on gratuitous violence seems like enough because we hit so many times. Still get many explosions especially combined HoA
"
I_nis_josh wrote:
Nope I'm using Soul taker in main hand. 25% chance to bleed on gratuitous violence seems like enough because we hit so many times. Still get many explosions especially combined HoA
This was in line with what I was thinking. Scaeva OH like I currently use and max dps axe/sword MH I can afford. 25-50% chance to bleed or the new ring with 100%. Even with 25-50%, I have to imagine with the attack speed we generally have, everything will bleed regardless.
Man one thing that just pisses me off with gladiator is that the bleed explosion doesn't generate outmatch/outlast charges :/ (because they technically aren't killed by your weapon I guess?). Really bothersome anti-synergy there. I was playing around with shield charge earlier and it's quite annoying at times.
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 8, 2016, 5:00:58 PM
does axe passive is doubled while using 2 axe? i tried scaeva (265 dps) instead of my axe (235 dps) and im losing 4k tooltips dps?why im losing so much dps while scaeva is higther?

i also wanted to use whirling blade but if im losing that much dps....im not sure since i was using leap with endu charge on stun....im losing 4k dps (for now) and 3 endu charge for 8% block and some leach.

when il get soul taker, i will also lose my 100% bleed from using scaeva....really not sure about that weapon

"
zakariusqc wrote:
does axe passive is doubled while using 2 axe? i tried scaeva (265 dps) instead of my axe (235 dps) and im losing 4k tooltips dps?why im losing so much dps while scaeva is higther?

i also wanted to use whirling blade but if im losing that much dps....im not sure since i was using leap with endu charge on stun....im losing 4k dps (for now) and 3 endu charge for 8% block and some leach.

when il get soul taker, i will also lose my 100% bleed from using scaeva....really not sure about that weapon
Scaeva won't get any boost from the axe passives. So you are losing the stats from an offhand axe. This is why I decided to forego the axe nodes till later. You can get plenty of damage without taking the weapon specific nodes until you "finalize" your weapon choices.

Considered this morning not taking a weapon specialization at all and instead taking the axe/sword combo nodes near Marauder. Scaeva can get close to 270 dps and the 8% block is pretty nice. I went 3R as well for the extra leach.

With all of the bleed options now, it is hard to say what will play out as the best setup until someone gets them and compares.

Still on fence about Soul Taker.
A. I can't afford one yet.
B. You can get higher dps from a well crafted rare.
C. The mana it provides is huge, that is the main reason to use it. Warlords/Blasphemy is working well so far but time will tell how it plays out. I do miss having Hatred+HoA currently.
Last edited by 13isLucky on Jun 9, 2016, 8:16:57 AM
so yes axe passive apply to both weapon, thx. i might try to modify my build by taking dualwield nods instead. the thing is, axe nods are A LOT stronger (and lot more)then other dmg nods so il always end up losing dps but well.....almost 1% leech+8% block+spell block is pretty damn good.

for the soul taker, for me its a must. im using iron reflexe to increase my dmg reduction. im using hatred+grace and without soul taker, that impossible.im only going with hatred atm since i dont have any soul taker...they cost so much :(

edit:ok i made some modification and i end up losing only about 1k dps(with cleave) so its not to bad. i do lose onslaught from the axe passive but its only 10% chance on kill that last 3 sec so no big deal. i might lose more dps because i was still missing some good axe nods and im not sure wich dps nods to take now.

i also went back to lacerate and switched my leap for wirhling blade. its a safer way to play and wirhling blade help to position myself.the tooltips dps of lacerate is actualy quite low (14 650) with 4 frenzy charge up but doesnt feel to bad for now and i still need my soul taker and il be able to put fire dmg gem on my BOR instead of blood magic so should be decent. still far from what a cleave build can go.

that wath my build will look like.i only miss the jewel slot atm.do you have any better suggestion?

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 9, 2016, 9:03:47 PM

I'm currently trying out the Scaeva sword on my one hand lacerate build if you go crit swords it's really nice. I'm not so sure how good it will be on a dual wield build with both axe and sword.

I was also gonna bring up something important about lacerate and attack rating. I believe if you miss the first attack with it all the other attacks will miss meaning RT or very high attack rating is ideal.
I noticed this while leveling up as lacerate early on. I was like the dps on this skill is kinda low then realized I needed to grab accuracy nodes. I believe this has been the way most skills linked with multistrike or with multiple attacks aka double strike work.

TL:DR Scaeva is good but shines with crit and lacerate needs RT or high accuracy for reasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info