[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Guide says Versatile Combat, Pain Forged, Outmatch, and Gratuitous Violence, however the tree shows otherwise. Which of the set ups is recommended?
"
Zinki wrote:
Guide says Versatile Combat, Pain Forged, Outmatch, and Gratuitous Violence, however the tree shows otherwise. Which of the set ups is recommended?
It looks like Pizza updated that text but not the build link. Which nodes you take are really up to you. I think Gratuitous Violence is automatic since this is an "explosive" build.

The rest is really about what you want to do/are comfortable with. I personally go block and skip the charges as they tend to be overkill later on trash and unless the boss has trash, you won't have charges from that node then.

Personally, I will go Gratuitous/Painforged/Versatile, the last two points I'm torn on. None of the major nodes seem worth it for my personal play-style. ATM, I will probably take One-hand speed/block chance and one-hand speed and damage.
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
Zinki wrote:
It looks like Pizza updated that text but not the build link. Which nodes you take are really up to you. I think Gratuitous Violence is automatic since this is an "explosive" build.

The rest is really about what you want to do/are comfortable with. I personally go block and skip the charges as they tend to be overkill later on trash and unless the boss has trash, you won't have charges from that node then.

Personally, I will go Gratuitous/Painforged/Versatile, the last two points I'm torn on. None of the major nodes seem worth it for my personal play-style. ATM, I will probably take One-hand speed/block chance and one-hand speed and damage.

That was my hunch as well, but never know.

Don't forget, the charges gives you 10% reduced damage taken, and 10% MORE damage. Ignoring the charges, that itself is very powerful.
"
Zinki wrote:
That was my hunch as well, but never know.

Don't forget, the charges gives you 10% reduced damage taken, and 10% MORE damage. Ignoring the charges, that itself is very powerful.
The downside is that it relies on you having max charges. So unless you are generating charges through another method for bosses those bonuses are not present.

But again, it is up to the player to decide. I tried it both ways last league and decided I had enough damage without it.
also if you use the cast on dmg taken-immortal call setup, you wont have endurance up most of the time. the charge generation is a but useless since there other way to generate them. leap+endurance charge on stun and for frenzy charge, blood rage (witch is a must imo especialy for lacerate for the atk speed). with enought regen and chaos res, blood rage degeneration do nothing so that a free life leech bonus.

overall, you only gain the 10% inc dmg and that it. i prefer the blood in the eyes that give a starit 6% dmg reduction + dmg on bleeding ennemy+maim and the bleed chance if you dont use jack the axe.

im going gratuitous violence,painforged,versatile combatant and blood in the eyes in that order

ho well...i was praising lacerate a lot but.....i just went back to cleave lol

yes lacerate range is awsome but the fact that it attack everywhere is getting annoying. the dmg is much lower also and you always need to stay in range so your not meele anymore. you dont use your fortify anymore because of that and my leap-endurance charge on stun setup is getting useless. since lacerate root you in place, i feel like cleave almost clear faster, you can jump from pack to pack really quickly and with the explosion, the area dmg of cleave is actualy pretty damn big.

overall, cleave do more dmg and is way more fun to play

Ahh,feels good not using mana pots
If you can't control it, STOP.
@Baader420

Soul taker makes it so that our melee skills cost no mana.

@zinki

Ah whoops, I have updated the tree now.

13isLucky

Yeah I agree. I guess it is ultimately up to whichever ascendancy skills the player prefers.

@zakariusqc

Hmm, it seems that lacerate lacks damage but compensates with range, while cleave has heaps of damage but less range than lacerate.

I guess it would also be based on the players playstyle.

@dagul23

Damnn nice soul taker. Gratz!
Last edited by cookees on Jun 8, 2016, 2:25:52 AM
Has anyone thought of using that new sword, Scaeva?
"
Anbokr wrote:
Has anyone thought of using that new sword, Scaeva?

Yep im currently using it in offhand for extra block and ability to use whirling blades. Miss out on the 100% bleed but i think its worth so far

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info