[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

@AkuTenshiiZero

Yep, only pure "increased physical damage" will work. Physical weapon damage won't scale up the explosion damage.

Also, "Increased area damage" and "Increased Damage" work as well. So does Hatred, Herald of Ash and Frenzy charges.
That's why I'm confused, because you say this build uses increased physical damage to scale the explosions, but aside from the local modifiers on the weapons I'm only seeing the 16% from Oak plus 20% area damage from passives.

Edit: I think I'm getting it now. I hadn't noticed the other sources like Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Flame Golem.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Mar 25, 2016, 2:20:28 AM
@AkuTenshiiZero

Ah, you generally want to get high phys damage and area damage from your 4 jewel sockets. Such as these,

Also the gladiator ascendancy class provides 20% increased physical damage and 50% increased damage against bleeding enemies.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/e/e5/Gladiator_%28Duelist%29.png

And then flame golem provides another 20% increased damage. Rallying Cry also provides some nice increased damage. Combine that with the 16% increased physical damage from the bandits and 20% increased area damage from the tree, it becomes fairly considerable.

Then, you can scale up the damage even further through 'more' multipliers from Herald of Ash, Hatred and 5x Frenzy Charges.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 25, 2016, 2:29:15 AM
Hoy love your build can i use Rive Terror Claw remove jack and then use Whirling Blades ?

And i can recomend using Malicious Intent Cobalt Jewel 5% chance to Gain Unholy Might for a massive dps boost

i use ancestral protector as well for another dps boost
Last edited by RedOrcid on Mar 25, 2016, 7:16:27 AM
@RedOrcid

Hey, sadly you can't use Rive since Cleave requires you to only use swords or axes.

Personally I feel a rare jewel offers higher benefits than Malicious intent as the buff is too inconsistent to take advantage of fully.

Ancestral Protector is a pretty nice option though, and good for boss fights as it gives you a lot more attack speed.
I really appreciate you putting the build concept out here, I was getting bored with melee in general and mainly playing my FT characters as it was easy to run higher content. I have am really enjoying playing this, plenty of room to tweak to your liking.
@13isLucky

Thanks! It's great to hear the positive feedback from people who are playing it, glad your enjoying the build.
whose 6link bodyarmour its the best? Lightning Coil od Belly or Carcass Jack?
I tried few melee builds before, but never worked for me as this one, and not to mantion that i 90% of the time played caster/ranged builds. Currently sitting at lvl 89 and maaaaan this build is fun to play. To be straight im not that much into theorycrafting, im lazy i admit and i like to take someone else build, and what this build made me understand is how and what u can tweak to make game and character suits your needs best.

Tnx again for posting this build for public and also if u have time plz check my version of the tree and gear and tell me did i make some mistakes (my profile is set to public).

Best regards.
Last edited by Fancastic on Mar 25, 2016, 3:30:15 PM
funniest build hands down

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info