SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Pyrokar wrote:
Shovelcut that's some serious sidtherat's "i saw your profile and didn't like it" stalking action you did right there...

"
goetzjam wrote:

Removing the points from the lab isn't an option, it isn't logical lore wise or design wise to do that. So we can look into the options that keep it (and the traps there) because anything else isn't worth discussing.

About lore, we have mjolner.
Why can't we have Izzuro, Izzaro's half brother who gives you the points after Malachai?
I can't see any implication design wise except some minor form of handholding, which goes against GGG's standards, but i think those standards were thrown out of the window the moment they decided to implement Mario into their game.

I was gearing up to do a spin move here but then I remembered this is the guy that said the definition of what an ARPG is, in a thread basically about what the definition of an ARPG is, is offtopic.

Fuck I love this thread.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Out of maybe 15 runs through the Lab, I have been disconnected from the game in the treasure room three times. Just now, the game crashed as I was entering the final aspirant trial.

This is absurd. Either the lab needs to be completely overhauled or ascendency points need to come out of the lab.
"

I was gearing up to do a spin move here but then I remembered this is the guy that said the definition of what an ARPG is, in a thread basically about what the definition of an ARPG is, is offtopic.

Fuck I love this thread.

Well dick, since you think so highly of yourself, let me respond in your own words:
"I don't think you're even trying anymore. Or maybe trying really hard, not sure."

p.s You should know that i am immune to all your ballerina moves!
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Thanks for your support!

Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
Really hope they announce changes to the labyrinth and ascendancy for the next league. Cant see why they would force people to do boring simple puzzles and traps for ascendancy when there is already enchantments and keys for rewords. So they can put points behind "normal" type of PoE gameplay that is more standard for arpg games. Lore is not a problem, as it can always be changed and as it does change over time.
"
Out of maybe 15 runs through the Lab, I have been disconnected from the game in the treasure room three times. Just now, the game crashed as I was entering the final aspirant trial.

This is absurd. Either the lab needs to be completely overhauled or ascendency points need to come out of the lab.

The lab (and more importantly) the game can't be changed just because you have issues with disconnects. Its not good game design and it isn't an acceptable solution.

I suggest you try and figure out why you are crashing instead of making up stupid excuses as to why the game would need to be changed, if you follow OPs suggestions some of them keep the lab in tact and your issue wouldnt be solved with that change, so uninstall and wipe out the game if you must, but you gotta do something to fix your issue, that isn't up to GGG or anyone else to do.

"
Really hope they announce changes to the labyrinth and ascendancy for the next league. Cant see why they would force people to do boring simple puzzles and traps for ascendancy when there is already enchantments and keys for rewords. So they can put points behind "normal" type of PoE gameplay that is more standard for arpg games. Lore is not a problem, as it can always be changed and as it does change over time.

There is a really high possibility that the only changes that they do to the lab is "fixes" for ES\MOM builds to take less damage. They aren't "forcing" you to do anything, if you want the benefits, of course you have to complete the challenge, like every other fucking game on the planet.

Keys aren't really rewards, they are there to give rewards for doing more things inside of the lab, people do the lab for 2 things, enchantments and ascendancy points, you can buy the enchantments outside of the lab and if ascendancy points weren't in the lab then a great number of the population won't play the expansion content, then later complain they haven't gotten any new content in blah blah blah.

Lore is a problem, because its already been released in this state and is on many, many different websites, the actual larger issue here is that GGG partnered with many different outlets to release ascendancy information and to get them to correct the articles already posted would likely be a nightmare.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 19, 2016, 11:11:24 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:

Lore is a problem, because its already been released in this state and is on many, many different websites, the actual larger issue here is that GGG partnered with many different outlets to release ascendancy information and to get them to correct the articles already posted would likely be a nightmare.

Correct what? Izzuro is new.
Nothing needed to be corrected in previous articles when they added Atziri.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Correct what? Izzuro is new.
Nothing needed to be corrected in previous articles when they added Atziri.

Hes "newish" but hes been out for almost 3 months now and the whole idea of ascendancy has been published long before that, including the parts of running the lab to ascend.

As for previous articles, atziri was expansion content, similar to this, but they didn't go change anything to do with her mechanics or rewards afterwords, like you are suggesting be done with the lab. Plus atziri wasn't hyped nearly as much as ascendancy expansion was or has been.

Let me explain it in a different way. The articles posted about ascendancy all over would be outdated and wrong, these outlets are ways players see information about the game, of course the best way is here or on the wiki regarding information, that isn't always the case. So for them to turn "full circle" and make a change that is drastically different then what was published ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC, it wouldn't look good.

My question is to people like you, why did you not voice a concern about the trap mechanics back in November of last year when they were announced, only to wait until basically "its too late"

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on May 19, 2016, 11:38:47 AM
I am talking about Izzuro, Izzaro's half brother who gives you the points after Malachai.
Not Izzaro.
Last edited by Pyrokar on May 19, 2016, 11:41:40 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I am talking about Izzuro, Izzaro's half brother who gives you the points after Malachai.
Not Izzaro.

You are talking about some madeup character that you think its justifyable in your mind to make? It still doesn't change the fact that information posted before would be made incorrect and the whole idea that you get the points after malachai is ASININE, you have to fucking kill Malachai to progress, ascendancy is something you are SUPPOSE TO EARN BY DOING ANOTHER CHALLENGE.

No, just fucking no dude.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info