SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

What's the indication for the barrage? I never see it coming.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
What's the indication for the barrage? I never see it coming.

It's on a precise timer, you just learn the rhythm of it to avoid it.

Besides, that attack deals very little damage unless literally ALL projectiles hit you, which almost never happens even if you're AFK. If you move at all during the attack, you'll take no damage.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 19, 2017, 1:55:42 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
Inability to zerg Izaro is not what makes him a loathsome boss. As mentioned by Dragonkat, unwillingness to play loathsome content and the gating factor of Izaro to have to repeat the whole loathsome content all over again is what makes Izaro a bad boss. When playing a good boss it is fun to learn the mechanics of the boss. If Izaro was elsewhere he would be a fun boss. While in lab he just adds to the frustration because repeating lab is a horrible bore and so learning Izaro boss fight is not a fun process.

I'm seeing that particular complaint more as a matter of principle than a practical one. He isn't really that complicated and you can always come back a bit later if you have trouble and learn him at leisure, worse bosses than him currently bar campaign progress.

I might be having a somewhat skewed impression of it, but I feel that zerging a boss is kinda damaging to the player morale, so to speak. Sure, you killed him but it makes you feel a bit skunky about the whole thing, killing Izzy for the first time if you had trouble with him probably feels pretty good.

Sure, already said I'm no expert on modern gamer psychology, but still.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 19, 2017, 12:25:38 PM
"
I might be having a somewhat skewed impression of it, but I feel that zerging a boss is kinda damaging to the player morale, so to speak. Sure, you killed him but it makes you feel a bit skunky about the whole thing

You're spot on actually, it's the point i was going for with regular bosses vs Izzy. who does play by rules, problem is his rules suck when it's forced perfection three times in a forced hardcore setting.

It's also why after seeing the poorly designed clearly made to grind your ass off and show exactly how little real variety in builds there is Kitava fight was I've uninstalled PoE. So pretty much a moot point now regardless.

Good luck on getting the lab changed turtledove, but if that was any indication GGG won't listen, they'd rather keep people in the maze long as possible after that cheese. In my case, I'm out.
"
Dragonkat42 wrote:
"
I might be having a somewhat skewed impression of it, but I feel that zerging a boss is kinda damaging to the player morale, so to speak. Sure, you killed him but it makes you feel a bit skunky about the whole thing

You're spot on actually, it's the point i was going for with regular bosses vs Izzy. who does play by rules, problem is his rules suck when it's forced perfection three times in a forced hardcore setting.

It's also why after seeing the poorly designed clearly made to grind your ass off and show exactly how little real variety in builds there is Kitava fight was I've uninstalled PoE. So pretty much a moot point now regardless.

Good luck on getting the lab changed turtledove, but if that was any indication GGG won't listen, they'd rather keep people in the maze long as possible after that cheese. In my case, I'm out.

Thanks for the good wishes!

GGG has already listened. PoE 3.0 had improvements to labyrinth. That is reduced loathsome content, less trials and first two labyrinth significantly shortened. GGG stated that these changes were done in response to people like us saying the content had problems. GGG spent a huge effort on 3.0 in general. It was very significant that they used some of those limited resources to improve labyrinth. It had to be a high priority for them. Hopefully it means that labyrinth remains on their list of things that they would like to improve further.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Until they fix uber labs , meh.

That being said I quit when I did more because I ran out of red maps and this season more than doing uber labs and emo spiraling.

Why Regulator is not updating this beautiful thread any more?
"
Wp_blitzi wrote:

Because he is a realistic person.

...and not a necromancer. >.<
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Wp_blitzi wrote:

I'm not even sure that Regulator has posted in this thread since release 3.0?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
You sound like a tinfoil hat who's too lazy to run the lab. And if you can't do it, ask someone more experienced for help. \o/

Asking GGG to remove content they invested thousands of dollars into is way out of your league (and you know it). Maybe you should make a better suggestion as to where you want Ascendancy points to be earned?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info