SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

I bothered to check the original quote this time !
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 23, 2017, 12:45:16 AM
Good to see that true to Fruz form, you managed to keep the insult in place.

Use your probation time wisely.
"
[Removed by Support]

Lab is shit. It is boring tedious and not fun. You telling us we need to learn how to play is irrelevant silly nonsense. ;)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
[Removed by Support]

Lab is shit. It is boring tedious and not fun. You telling us we need to learn how to play is irrelevant silly nonsense. ;)
Not as silly as you not understanding what isn't convenient to you on purpose :]
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Hey guys,

Please keep the comments civil and focusing on the topic of the thread itself. Please remember to keep your discussion and feedback constructive and free of any personal attacks against other players. Thanks!
"
Al_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

Please keep the comments civil and focusing on the topic of the thread itself. Please remember to keep your discussion and feedback constructive and free of any personal attacks against other players. Thanks!

This will need to be a sticky above every page in this thread, I'm afraid...
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I've only periodically poked my head in here so I may have missed some actual suggested alternatives. But it just occurred to me that GGG set the value of ascendency nodes to be equal to 5 passive points (5 regret orbs to refund one ascendency node). So instead of having the lab give ascendency points, just have them cost 5 passive points each. Each lab could give you 10 passive points instead of 2 ascendency points. Then people who skip the lab could still get their ascendencies without going through the lab.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
I've only periodically poked my head in here so I may have missed some actual suggested alternatives. But it just occurred to me that GGG set the value of ascendancy nodes to be equal to 5 passive points (5 regret orbs to refund one ascendancy node). So instead of having the lab give ascendancy points, just have them cost 5 passive points each. Each lab could give you 10 passive points instead of 2 ascendancy points. Then people who skip the lab could still get their ascendancies without going through the lab.

There would still need to be some challenge that would have to be overcome but it's an interesting idea. Another option that GGG designers could play with might be 3 or 4 passive points per ascendancy point instead of 5 passive points.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Poll guy here

i dont understand how the lab can inspire so much hate from both sides.

I am NOT a proponent of it. I would like to see it changed substantially: checkpoints and more control over enchantments. The grinding is only fun to a limit, and there are disconnects.

If it would stay, I would go my merry way after getting my ascendancy points. Sure, I would hate it when I fail or get disconnected.

Now there are good things about the lab also. The chests can be very lucrative. And running uber lab for 'noobs' is also nice for making a buck, via fees or enchantments.

But, I would rather map ;/

It was a bad idea GGG, make it not so bad.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Last edited by Saltygames on Jun 23, 2017, 5:15:38 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
I've only periodically poked my head in here so I may have missed some actual suggested alternatives. But it just occurred to me that GGG set the value of ascendancy nodes to be equal to 5 passive points (5 regret orbs to refund one ascendancy node). So instead of having the lab give ascendancy points, just have them cost 5 passive points each. Each lab could give you 10 passive points instead of 2 ascendancy points. Then people who skip the lab could still get their ascendancies without going through the lab.

There would still need to be some challenge that would have to be overcome but it's an interesting idea. Another option that GGG designers could play with might be 3 or 4 passive points per ascendancy point instead of 5 passive points.

this is not a bad idea, and something the scion already has in her "ascendancy tree"
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info