SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Xavathos wrote:
Buying Supporter Packs IS NOT a donation!

Actually, I have to disagree here, the supporter packs mean a certain amount of money, to support the game, which makes it more or less a donation.

Plus many bought the first supporter packs before the Mtx shop was rich with anything, not actually planning to buy much in the first place.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Somebody, donate that guy a snickers. Better?

I know that it can be hard, kind of like a Snickers commercial, but when someone becomes possessed by an illogical spirit, patience is required. If someone argues that a post "Lab is shit" is not a post in support of change then they have become temporarily possessed by an illogical spirit. We really should all chip in for a Snickers bar donation.

Just to be clear though, this is not a donation where we expect nothing in return. We make the donation and in return the illogical spirit will hopefully be exorcised for the betterment of the forum. I call it a donation though because it is to be voluntarily given. Obviously since a definition of a donation is that it is voluntarily given.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jun 1, 2017, 9:34:28 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

I know that it can be hard, kind of like a Snickers commercial, but when someone becomes possessed by an illogical spirit, patience is required. If someone argues that a post "Lab is shit" is not a post in support of change then they have become temporarily possessed by an illogical spirit. We really should all chip in for a Snickers bar donation.

Just to be clear though, this is not a donation where we expect nothing in return. We make the donation and in return the illogical spirit will hopefully be exorcised for the betterment of the forum. I call it a donation though because it is to be voluntarily given. Obviously since a definition of a donation is that it is voluntarily given.

There's coffee in my keyboard because of you! Donate me a new one? ;)
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

What if we were tricked. We donated and expected a snickers bar and instead we got a turd sandwich?
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

Okay, so then everyone in the entire world donates money to grocery stores every week? You donate money to gas stations to refuel your car? You donate to pay for your house?

This is a game, and GGG is development studio, not a charity fund. You get more than the value for your money in points, so following your logic, GGG donates extra MXTs as a reward for buying points.

Please do continue to insult me. I've been making a little list of my own.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Nope. Because we need those groceries to survive.

Different thing and definitely NOT a donation.

Next?
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

What if we were tricked. We donated and expected a snickers bar and instead we got a turd sandwich?

Well, if a turd sandwich has a better chance of exorcising the spirit than a Snickers bar then great. But, in the commercial the Snickers bar always seems to work so I think would be the safer choice. Although I'll reserve final judgement until after I've seen the turd sandwich commercial.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
What it boilds down to is the core game has changed from a diablo 2 clone (the reason a lot of us donated) to this lab mess forced down our throats. Why the hell should we be silent?
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
Buying Supporter Packs IS NOT a donation!

Actually, I have to disagree here, the supporter packs mean a certain amount of money, to support the game, which makes it more or less a donation.

Plus many bought the first supporter packs before the Mtx shop was rich with anything, not actually planning to buy much in the first place.

But nevertheless you get more than the value of what you spend on the pack, in points alone, ignoring other rewards.

If just send GGG say 200 dollars for no reason other than supporting the game, that would be a donation.

The way the packs are setup makes them (heavily) supportive toward the game, but not a donation because you bought points. Plain and simple.

It's essentially buying a DLC in the form of a point pack with extra content.

If you all want to sit here and claim you donated, then put your money where your mouth is and give your shiny goodies and points back to GGG.

I spent thousands in support myself, and I didn't donate a single dollar.

The terms are clear. People think these things through and for good reason. Try it.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I literally did what you said.

Donated will into 4 digits, and have since given everything back.

Feels good donating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info