SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Randomzx wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Your number 3 above indicates that you did not try very hard to process the simple facts. Try again: The fact is that I'm thinking PoE is not as much fun as Diablo 3. That is a fact not an opinion. My opinion is that PoE is not as much fun as Diablo 3. It is a fact that I hold that opinion.

Your number 5 is correct because that sentence you quoted from Zalhan2 is the indisputable truth. I posted what I thought was a very clear explanation of the sentence. If you don't understand the explanation or if there's another sentence that you're having difficulty understanding then please let me know.

Thinking something doesn't make it a fact, there's no possible confirmation that the person actually think that way or even think at all.

And with the way the poster used "I think", it is a transitive verb with the way it used in the sentence.

merriam webster:
"
a : to have as an opinion think it's so
b : to regard as : consider think the rule unfair

cambridge dictionary:
British English:
"

to believe something or have an opinion or idea:
I think (that) I've met you before.
I don't think Emma will get the job.

American English:
"
to have or to form an opinion or idea about something:

Business English:
"
to have a particular idea, belief or opinion:

Also:
https://ell.stackexchange.com/questions/4803/can-a-sentence-starting-with-i-think-be-used-to-state-a-fact

I never claimed that thinking something made it a fact. I claimed that it was a fact that he was thinking that PoE was not fun.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I never claimed that thinking something made it a fact. I claimed that it was a fact that he was thinking that PoE was not fun.

What's the point of saying so? Nobody said he was trolling.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

What's the point of saying so? Nobody said he was trolling.

It's more pointing out that when a large group of people share an opinion about a feature that may or may not be bad, their opinion matters.

You do not have the right to tell them they do not feel this way.
You do have the right to point out why they are missing the point, if you can do a decent job of defending your opinion.
You do have the right to tell them maybe they should stop playing if they are not enjoying the game.

Again Captain Obvious can figure this stuff out.
It's a fact that PoE is crappier since the introduction of labyrinth + trials. We all know it and GGG knows it too.

But for heaven sake, lighten up! It's only a (formerly great and much worse now) game!
I highly intelligent defendable opinion I share is still not a fact :)
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
It's more pointing out that when a large group of people share an opinion about a feature that may or may not be bad, their opinion matters.

Again, you and anyone that doesn't like lab were called neither trolls nor delusional. The whole thing was a misunderstanding because your post could be interpreted as a claim that PoE is less fun now no matter who you ask, including Chris and his wife.

Sure, it was obvious enough that you weren't making a preposterous claim like that but it was a good opportunity to play a little grammar nazi, I suppose.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Turtledove wrote:
[...]

So reading comprehension it is, I guess ....
I bolded the important element that you have been trying to avoid :
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
No offense but this game used to be fun and now I think it isn't, is not opinion, it's a fact

"
j33bus wrote:
Technically what he said was true, but following it with "it's not an opinion, it's a fact" is extremely weird sentence structure. Best case scenario it's just poorly written, worst case scenario it's being intentionally baity by saying "my opinions is this, and that's a fact, not an opinion" because seriously who talks like that?

Exactly

"
Turtledove wrote:
I can't really disagree with this being an awkward sentence structure

Not just akward, simply incorrect.
Like this other one now :
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Now those 2 last pages are a perfect illustration of what there is still to say on the subject :
nothing.

Everybody move on please ?
:/
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Apr 26, 2017, 9:47:47 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
[...]

So reading comprehension it is, I guess ....
I bolded the important element that you have been trying to avoid :
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
No offense but this game used to be fun and now I think it isn't, is not opinion, it's a fact

"
j33bus wrote:
Technically what he said was true, but following it with "it's not an opinion, it's a fact" is extremely weird sentence structure. Best case scenario it's just poorly written, worst case scenario it's being intentionally baity by saying "my opinions is this, and that's a fact, not an opinion" because seriously who talks like that?

Exactly

"
Turtledove wrote:
I can't really disagree with this being an awkward sentence structure

Not just akward, simply incorrect.
Like this other one now :
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Now those 2 last pages are a perfect illustration of what there is still to say on the subject :
nothing.

Everybody move on please ?
:/

We would but people keep making fun posts.
"
It's a fact that PoE is crappier since the introduction of labyrinth + trials. We all know it and GGG knows it too.

But for heaven sake, lighten up! It's only a (formerly great and much worse now) game!

player base beating records
nice try though.
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
"

player base beating records
nice try though.

Most are bot accounts.

And even if they weren't, a larger player base doesn't mean the game is any better from a quality/design perspective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info