SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

If you take thousands of hours to find an item, it's practically impossible to get.

I mean, technically you are right, but for practical purposes is not. You have to accept some build enablers are not going to be dropped while you play.

There is no real difference at that point. Self found has mostly the same problems unless you no life many months/years.

Of all the points you made from the beginning of this thread, the only one that truly makes sense is that you don't like the gameplay, the rest are false, or something you can outright dismiss.

By the way, I came to this thread more to discuss bad arguments that to go against it. Specially the whole "bastardization" of ARPGs, and tyranny of the labyrinth, that is just silliness.

I'm not even against the idea of the thread per se (although I'd disagree to put the points after killing Malachai, for example, for technical reasons). If it was possible to do it, I'd make an orb to earn the AC points, one that is rare enough you wouldn't be able to get until maps. Kill and farm, classic ARPG style, maybe trade, not so classic (that's ok because you'd eventually get them). Alternatively, Izaro with buffs so you have a challenge to feel good (you say the labyrinth is easy, so it shouldn't be a problem for you). Or a literal gear check where you have to survive damage with your stats (it's very rpg, your choices matter).

Those who can play the labyrinth enjoy the early advantage, though.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 8, 2016, 10:04:17 PM
"
Regulator wrote:

P.S. Ill leave this here to help you (my whole suggestion about labyrinth gathered in one place for your pleasure, posted in this thread too), cause assuming things all the time is humiliating
Spoiler
Dear exile i have never dismissed their opinions just for the sake of dismissing them i always try to give a reasoning. I respect the fact that they like the labyrinth and im trully happy they find a reason to run it, hell even my suggestions (not all in the OP) give a lot more incentive to run the labyrinth again and again. Thats becacuse those suggestion are true in the spirit of PoE and the content becomes absolutely optional but very rewarding. Exactly as Atziri and Uber are atm. My suggestions in short : The enchants are less random more powerfull and skill defining (no more 25%increased x skill dmg for example). You can affect the result with socket colours. Treasure chests offer more rewards(quantity). Izaro drops new semi-powerful but skill defining (like the enchants) labyrinth only uniques. Waypoints AFTER each izaro fight, if you die or quit, that instance of the labyrinth is reseted but if you choose to continue the same run you begin from the last izaro room you killed him. Finally the AC points are removed from the lab and put as rewards to something else that GGG finds suitable.

Now tell me again does this sound as an improvement or no? Does it go in line with previous expansions or no? Does it make labyrinth optional or no? Does it make it more rewarding or no? Does it allow everyone who dislikes that playstyle have fun or no? Does it remove anything from those who like the labyrinth or no?

I took time to respond to each portion of your post only to be told again that I did not read it. I read it.

No your suggestions are not good.

No I do not agree with them.

Yes it still sounds like whining.

No the lab does not disregard your passive tree. A good tree is still likely to be good in the lab; there are certain builds that are hammered by the lab but you do not bring any of these up so I do not think you know much about the topic. Again: If you are VERY good (I'm not saying I am) at the lab it doesn't really matter what you bring in there, you will be fine.

No I do not believe you that the content is "too easy" for you and yet you still want the rewards relocated to an alternative challenge. If it were that easy you would probably just go Ascend your character and move on.

No I do not think way points should be added. Getting DC'd sucks, it has happened to me a few times already, but it is a small price to pay for the overall challenge of the lab which would be trivialized by way points.

Again for the hard of understanding: The lab is just as optional as Atziri. Atziri, like many bosses in this game, requires specific mechanics to defeat. The lab requires specific mechanics to prevail as well. I acknowledge that the "arcade" style might not be palatable to you but again this is a personal issue for you (or whoever shares the issue). New content is typically different than old, the fact that the lab is "too" different for you is nothing but your opinion. I think you are confused about what fact and opinion are. I personally hate the lab, go figure I hate it! But I took my high level HC characters through it to Ascend because to Ascend GGG wants you to run the lab. It makes perfect sense that the two items that were added together should remain together. For me the enchantments are a bonus, how much of a bonus is debatable, but it is not the topic you titled your post with so discussing it is, again, fluff and totally off topic. Whether or not the enchantments get buffed has nothing to do with the perfectly acceptable AC gate remaining as it is. Just as there is power to be gained behind other, similarly optional content there is power to be gained in the lab BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO RUN IT. You should plan builds that work without Ascending and if you later choose to ascend into something that will enable a wacky build you can respec then through in-game mechanics that allow this already.

I will take it a step further than before: on top of sounding whiny your post lacks gratitude. Why should the new content get wrecked so that the constantly complaining masses can Ascend? Learn to appreciate diversity whether you like it or not. GGG has given you something different to do in a game that is several years old and they have rewarded you with seriously powerful specializations for being able to complete what they have added. There are definitely some problems with the lab but removing the AC reward from it is not a solution to any existing problems, it is merely a way to appease people that refuse to learn to adapt. Adjust to the lab mechanics or do not run the lab, it's optional! 100% optional in FACT as the whole core game can be played without ever running a single trial. I know your opinion is that you "NEED" to ascend, but you do not. Maps, bosses, skills, and monsters were not changed to account for AC's - it's part of why they are so powerful.
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:

I took time to respond to each portion of your post only to be told again that I did not read it. I read it.

No your suggestions are not good.

No I do not agree with them.

Yes it still sounds like whining.

No the lab does not disregard your passive tree. A good tree is still likely to be good in the lab; there are certain builds that are hammered by the lab but you do not bring any of these up so I do not think you know much about the topic. Again: If you are VERY good (I'm not saying I am) at the lab it doesn't really matter what you bring in there, you will be fine.

No I do not believe you that the content is "too easy" for you and yet you still want the rewards relocated to an alternative challenge. If it were that easy you would probably just go Ascend your character and move on.

No I do not think way points should be added. Getting DC'd sucks, it has happened to me a few times already, but it is a small price to pay for the overall challenge of the lab which would be trivialized by way points.

Again for the hard of understanding: The lab is just as optional as Atziri. Atziri, like many bosses in this game, requires specific mechanics to defeat. The lab requires specific mechanics to prevail as well. I acknowledge that the "arcade" style might not be palatable to you but again this is a personal issue for you (or whoever shares the issue). New content is typically different than old, the fact that the lab is "too" different for you is nothing but your opinion. I think you are confused about what fact and opinion are. I personally hate the lab, go figure I hate it! But I took my high level HC characters through it to Ascend because to Ascend GGG wants you to run the lab. It makes perfect sense that the two items that were added together should remain together. For me the enchantments are a bonus, how much of a bonus is debatable, but it is not the topic you titled your post with so discussing it is, again, fluff and totally off topic. Whether or not the enchantments get buffed has nothing to do with the perfectly acceptable AC gate remaining as it is. Just as there is power to be gained behind other, similarly optional content there is power to be gained in the lab BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO RUN IT. You should plan builds that work without Ascending and if you later choose to ascend into something that will enable a wacky build you can respec then through in-game mechanics that allow this already.

I will take it a step further than before: on top of sounding whiny your post lacks gratitude. Why should the new content get wrecked so that the constantly complaining masses can Ascend? Learn to appreciate diversity whether you like it or not. GGG has given you something different to do in a game that is several years old and they have rewarded you with seriously powerful specializations for being able to complete what they have added. There are definitely some problems with the lab but removing the AC reward from it is not a solution to any existing problems, it is merely a way to appease people that refuse to learn to adapt. Adjust to the lab mechanics or do not run the lab, it's optional! 100% optional in FACT as the whole core game can be played without ever running a single trial. I know your opinion is that you "NEED" to ascend, but you do not. Maps, bosses, skills, and monsters were not changed to account for AC's - it's part of why they are so powerful.

My opinion is that you are wrong on almost all counts. Probably the one point that is most incorrect, Ascendancy points are NOT as optional as Atziri! That position is completely ridiculous, in my opinion. I'd be really surprised if you actually believe that instead of just using it as an exaggeration. You are once again harping on difficulty instead of the real problem which is boring tedious and not fun content. The advantage of way points is that after dc or death the boring tedious and not fun content doesn't have to be repeated.

People suggesting changes that they believe would make a better game for many people is not whining, especially when being made in the Feedback and Suggestions forum!!!!

Kind Regards
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Apr 9, 2016, 2:16:44 PM
To continue gating core, character-defining in-game rewards behind content that a *lot* of POE players don't enjoy (and that quite a few actively hate) seems like an odd choice.

Freeing AC from Labyrinth is something that will hopefully happen and would be welcomed by a *lot* of players.

Enchants would still be gated behind Labyrinth for those who actually enjoy running it.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
SET FREE PASSIVE POINT FROM DWELLER OF THE DEEP

* watery cave tileset is horrible, easy to get lost
* completing quest is tedious
* crab battle isn't fun and the mechanics are obnoxious (seriously who wants to be slowed?)

Don't tell me "oh its not that hard," this ISN'T a difficulty thing, I know some people run Dweller of the Deep very fast, but to me it just isn't fun so you should just get the point as a reward for killing Merveil.

I want to play Path of Exile, not Spelunky.

It's silly we need to jump through this hoop to get a completely 100% mandatory quest reward, because it's literally impossible to run high maps or Utziri unless you have every last point.

If you disagree, I'll drag my request out for 30+ pages.

Olioliolio.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 9, 2016, 2:52:53 PM
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 9, 2016, 3:12:19 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Looks much better than Labyrinth play but, still boring and not fun. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Of all the points you made from the beginning of this thread, the only one that truly makes sense is that you don't like the gameplay, the rest are false, or something you can outright dismiss.

If they are false or can be dismissed how comes that nobody has done so ? Let me tell you why, cause from the 5 arguments made against the labyrinth only one is somewhat debatable (the one in the 4th paragraph) the rest are all truths or facts (choose your poison). If you have eyes and brains you see them, if not you claim they are not.

"
NeroNoah wrote:

I'm not even against the idea of the thread per se (although I'd disagree to put the points after killing Malachai, for example, for technical reasons). If it was possible to do it, I'd make an orb to earn the AC points, one that is rare enough you wouldn't be able to get until maps. Kill and farm, classic ARPG style, maybe trade, not so classic (that's ok because you'd eventually get them). Alternatively, Izaro with buffs so you have a challenge to feel good (you say the labyrinth is easy, so it shouldn't be a problem for you). Or a literal gear check where you have to survive damage with your stats (it's very rpg, your choices matter).

Those who can play the labyrinth enjoy the early advantage, though.

Not a bad idea actually, GGG can definately find an alternative to lab points for sure, making alternative suggestions helps a lot. Thank you.

"
Dos_Fafner wrote:

1.No the lab does not disregard your passive tree.

2.No I do not think way points should be added. Getting DC'd sucks, it has happened to me a few times already, but it is a small price to pay for the overall challenge of the lab which would be trivialized by way points.

3.Again for the hard of understanding: The lab is just as optional as Atziri.

Numbers mine

1. If it does not disregard as you believe so, why hp nodes and armour nodes and endurance charge nodes do not apply to the traps? No need to be dellusional.

2. Though my suggestion regarding this is not in the OP, if you had read better you would understand that this is only for a better experience overall, since when you relog you are still in the last izaro fight room, no cheesy way out of it, you still have to do the whole level.

3. Atziri locks items, lab locks skill points. Believe what fairytale you like it aint gonna come true.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
SET FREE PASSIVE POINT FROM DWELLER OF THE DEEP

* watery cave tileset is horrible, easy to get lost
* completing quest is tedious
* crab battle isn't fun and the mechanics are obnoxious (seriously who wants to be slowed?)

Don't tell me "oh its not that hard," this ISN'T a difficulty thing, I know some people run Dweller of the Deep very fast, but to me it just isn't fun so you should just get the point as a reward for killing Merveil.

I want to play Path of Exile, not Spelunky.

It's silly we need to jump through this hoop to get a completely 100% mandatory quest reward, because it's literally impossible to run high maps or Utziri unless you have every last point.

If you disagree, I'll drag my request out for 30+ pages.

Olioliolio.

Very bad attempt at sarcasm there, but here is a cookie for the effort.

You forget that there is a big difference, labyrinth resembers Super Mario or Spelunker or Indiana Jones and the list goes on (ive linked videos with that evidence if you search a bit you can find it), while dweller quest is just like the rest of the game. Lack of logical arguments often leads to exactly that kind of responses. You can leave now and make your own thread, no need to derail this one with childish posts.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
If they are false or can be dismissed how comes that nobody has done so ? Let me tell you why, cause from the 5 arguments made against the labyrinth only one is somewhat debatable (the one in the 4th paragraph) the rest are all truths or facts (choose your poison). If you have eyes and brains you see them, if not you claim they are not.

People have done so, you are not precisely the best person to indicate if people have done so. Seriously, you'd be better sticking to "I hate the labyrinth", rather than trying to rationalizate it the way you have done (different gameplay (it would be fun to see your reaction to chocobo races), bypasses RPG mechanics, etc.). You could be easily done with the whole thing, but you'd rather make this thread *shrugs*.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 9, 2016, 5:18:22 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

People have done so, you are not precisely the best person to indicate if people have done so. Seriously, you'd be better sticking to "I hate the labyrinth", rather than trying to rationalizate it the way you have done (different gameplay, bypasses RPG mechanics, etc.). You could be easily done with the whole thing, but you'd rather make this thread *shrugs*.

Still refusing to adress the issue presented here, similar to neglecting FACTS.

If my arguments were not based on truth i wouldnt even take the time to make the OP. If my argments werent based on truth nobody would support this. If my arguments werent based on truth people would have rebutalled them long time ago. Still no valid answer to those, cause its simple YOU CANT DISMISS THE TRUTH.

As i've pointed to you many times in the past, the fact that i disregard any petty and illogical attempt is only natural when they have no base to stand upon. No need to make futile attempts on degrading the integridy and value of my points, you cant simply for the reason i mentioned above.

My stance on the matter might seem absolute but that is simple the nature of truth. There is no "my opinion" in those arguments, those arguments present things as they are, trying to neglect that fact only make people look like fools.

And that is the reason you personally keep coming back here with no actual answers or points just trying to make irrelevant responses (most of the time at least).

I dont care if people disagree with the whole post and suggestion, i actually respect that some do. But i hate irrational responses, and 80% of wk's post are exactly that. So when you decide that you have something to say again regarding the op (or this post as the usual tactic is) first think if it has any merit in it, if not dont, at this point im tired repeating my self just to counter non-existant points (that for a reason people keep making), some of which im 100% sure people only make to raise their daily post count or derail the thread.

P.S. Im never attacking someone in person. I always respond to points they try to make, dont feel insulted because i consistently make your posts seem like a toddler's rumbling.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info