SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Shredzilly wrote:

I mainly play Strand, Beach, Racecourse, Gorge, Atoll.. And never get bored.
I avoid Maps with huge Deadends etc., because i think it is a DesignFlaw.
Lazy implementation.

The word in bold somehow makes the whole thing very ironic.
Kinda makes me think even more that the game has become to easy, just brainlessely run into a straight line and shoot ....

So fair enough, traps are not your nemesis, dead ends are ....
Well the area is called a "Labyrinth", it's already not very difficult to run through it, but at least it has a bit of a somewhat labyrintic layout.
Game cannot please everybody, also I think that having areas that you enjoy less makes you enjoy the areas that you like more more.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 26, 2016, 12:55:14 PM
"
A trap here or there in a hack and slash is fine but I don't enjoy the way it is now (large mandatory trap areas). I like the idea of having an alternate route in layouts which would have no/minimal traps. Maybe it's longer and/or has tougher enemies so the normal trap filled way acts as a shortcut. This small change would allow those who don't like the lab to potentially enjoy it more while maintaining the experience for those who like it as is.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We're now up to Over 270 threads discussing labyrinth problems with 626 posters in support. Anyone else that has an opinion on labyrinth but never posted, make a post and I'll add your account name to the list in the linked thread. The purpose is to make sure that GGG appreciates that this is an important issue that should best be addressed.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Shredzilly wrote:

Lazy implementation.
Same as runnning half of the Map back to the Master if you finished his / her Mission.
Diablo 3 manages a good compromise between Deadends in Layouts. Not to long, not to short.
So yeah, I would prefer a Ledgish Layout.
I haven´t spoken to anyone who says "Man I just love Maps with Deadends, I usually just play them.."

I´m a Twinker at Heart, so I run with every Char through the Lab.
Never died to a Trap.
I just wanted to try the Argument which pops up often here ".. if you practice and the Lab gets easy you will like it.."
Now I can say, no, I still hate it.

Dang right. It's annoying. NOT difficult.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Shredzilly wrote:

Lazy implementation.

The word in bold somehow makes the whole thing very ironic.
Kinda makes me think even more that the game has become to easy, just brainlessely run into a straight line and shoot ....

So fair enough, traps are not your nemesis, dead ends are ....
Well the area is called a "Labyrinth", it's already not very difficult to run through it, but at least it has a bit of a somewhat labyrintic layout.
Game cannot please everybody, also I think that having areas that you enjoy less makes you enjoy the areas that you like more more.

The Game gets easier and easier since it went live, but Deadends make it not harder, just more boring.
I see no Argument from your Side here or do you think cause you run around with no Monsters to kill makes the Game harder ?

And Yes, Deadends are my Nemesis, because I think it is lazy Design.
I like to compare it with an Amusement Park.
The best Park is where you enjoy every Ride.
If you can´t accomplish that as a Designer you will automatically implement Stuff that is mediocre.
And that is what I see often in POE , good Ideas but bad and lazy implemented, because there is alot of that Stuff in the Game.
The Lab for Example is a good Idea very poor implemented imho.

It´s a Shame and that is why I participate in this Forum, because POE has the Potential to be a real Masterpiece if it would be polished.
Right now it is a good Game but not more.
Last edited by Shredzilly on Oct 26, 2016, 2:24:34 PM
For me the solution is simple: Design the lab so that traps lead to nice chest rewards, and non trap areas lead to Izario. I like the chests there, but would be okay if they removed those and our reward was simply ascendancy points and enchantment.

I absolutely despise the traps, and do not play an ARPG to see how well I can dodge a spiked dough roller.
"
Deliverme wrote:
For me the solution is simple: Design the lab so that traps lead to nice chest rewards, and non trap areas lead to Izario. I like the chests there, but would be okay if they removed those and our reward was simply ascendancy points and enchantment.

I absolutely despise the traps, and do not play an ARPG to see how well I can dodge a spiked dough roller.

That would certainly help the situation for me personally. Maybe there's others besides just you and I. I'm certain one of those lab service provider guys will tell us differently.
"For me the solution is simple: Design the lab so that traps lead to nice chest rewards, and non trap areas lead to Izario. I like the chests there, but would be okay if they removed those and our reward was simply ascendancy points and enchantment.

I absolutely despise the traps, and do not play an ARPG to see how well I can dodge a spiked dough roller."

Yes, make this man a designer on your GGG team please.
Last edited by kalbright on Oct 26, 2016, 2:15:40 PM
"
kalbright wrote:
"For me the solution is simple: Design the lab so that traps lead to nice chest rewards, and non trap areas lead to Izario. I like the chests there, but would be okay if they removed those and our reward was simply ascendancy points and enchantment.

I absolutely despise the traps, and do not play an ARPG to see how well I can dodge a spiked dough roller."

Yes, make this man a designer on your GGG team please.

A designer or early tester or design reviewer :-)

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We're now up to Over 270 threads discussing labyrinth problems with 627 posters in support. Anyone else that has an opinion on labyrinth but never posted, make a post and I'll add your account name to the list in the linked thread. The purpose is to make sure that GGG appreciates that this is an important issue that should best be addressed.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
To further my last post idea, maybe the trap areas lead to chests that have the treasure keys? That way you are not cluttered down with loot right then, and can utilize the existing stash in Izario's treasure room.

I.e., Izario no longer drops treasure keys, you have to go through trap areas to get the keys. But defeating him (again moving along a non-trapped path) will grant you ascendancy points, and enchantments via existing altars.
I was going to say the lab sucks for most of the reasons already listed. However I didn't feel like reading all 300+ pages.

So forgive me if these reasons have been posted.

First off if I wanted to do content that if I die, and have to start all over I would play hard core. The lab itself is just to damned long. And Once I get my points I am 100% done with that shit.

The traps suck. Not because they are hard, but because they are tedious. I love sitting there doing absolutely nothing. Just to wait for when I can pass a trap. That is really fun... NOT.

Running the lab for enchants no matter how much I want them don't seem worth the time.

To be honest the one and only thing I like about the lab is finding secret areas. Everything else can go away.

I can't even use the lab map unless I am at a door. I feel like this thing is in alpha and we are forced to test it for them.

Also the scion acd seems like crap. It's a cool idea, but really poorly executed. You have to complete the labs on 3 different modes before you can even take advantage of it. After I beat norm mode I realized I had 17 unspent passive points. I was like Well crap Maybe I should path there and respect them later. Guess I'll have to buy a million regrets. So I can level a scion build I theory crafted. To be honest I don't even want to try anymore.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Oct 26, 2016, 5:15:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info