SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
3.0 will be the true test of lab changes. If they do not do anything by then then I expect many people to move on from the game and the forums.

3.0? So, what... around 2020 maybe?

That's a lot of time to stop worrying and learn how to love the Lab ;-)

Spoiler
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
MekaDragon wrote:
Man I just love the labyrinth, one of the best ideas since Path of Exile launch.

I don't even know how it is so hard to people to complete and receive their ascendancy points. Heck, a friend of mine just started playing for the first time this game a week ago and she has already received 4 points and trying now Merciless labyrinth. And she loves it.

It is so cool, so lore friendly and replayable, I don't know why are so many detractors of it.

I must be blind or something.

It really isn't the difficulty that is the problem. My perspective is that it is the different game play involved when there are screens full of traps. At that point the game play changes from the fun regular PoE game play to boring, irritating, trap game play, that is reminiscent of arcade style Frogger, Prince of Persia or Mario game play.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
MekaDragon wrote:
Man I just love the labyrinth, one of the best ideas since Path of Exile launch.

I don't even know how it is so hard to people to complete and receive their ascendancy points. Heck, a friend of mine just started playing for the first time this game a week ago and she has already received 4 points and trying now Merciless labyrinth. And she loves it.

It is so cool, so lore friendly and replayable, I don't know why are so many detractors of it.

I must be blind or something.

It really isn't the difficulty that is the problem. My perspective is that it is the different game play involved when there are screens full of traps. At that point the game play changes from the fun regular PoE game play to boring, irritating, trap game play, that is reminiscent of arcade style Frogger, Prince of Persia or Mario game play.

We know what you think, what purpose does saying the same shit after the 20th time do?

We get it, you don't think it fits, a great number of the community does think it fits and even more then that number do the challenge because they want the reward. Even after there is no indication the lab is getting changed in 2.4, you still haven't stopped your spam...
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Well, MekaDragon obviously didn't know. So Turtle filled him in. Don't be mad.

Thought you peaced out?
"
Well, MekaDragon obviously didn't know. So Turtle filled him in. Don't be mad.

Thought you peaced out?

You mean someone would post on the thread without reading all of the comments?

I'll peace out for the most part once the league hits, until then I'm not going anywhere.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
morbo wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
3.0 will be the true test of lab changes. If they do not do anything by then then I expect many people to move on from the game and the forums.

3.0? So, what... around 2020 maybe?

As you no doubt already know, hopefully sometime in 2017. :)

Spoiler
Chris Wilson: "Currently the highest level of monsters/items that you naturally encounter are level 84. This will be a few levels higher in the 2.4.0 expansion in a few months, and probably higher still in next year's 3.0.0 expansion."

"

That's a lot of time to stop worrying and learn how to love the Lab ;-)

Not for me. I've taken a sacred oath never to enter the Labyrinth again while ascendancy points remain locked behind it. ;-)
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

Weren't you guys also saying 2.4 will be it?
"
almostdead wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

Weren't you guys also saying 2.4 will be it?

You mean like here for example?

Spoiler
To quote myself: "Unfortunately, I don't see anything happening with the lab in 2.4 (focused on endgame-developments) and 3.0 is a long way off...but that's all the more reason for GGG to give some further information now if they want to keep the players who will (or already have) quit over the lab."
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
I assume he means this Thread.

Welp, maybe I do enjoy both fast paced and slow paced maps.

People here seems to only like ultra-hyper-fast-sanic-maps.

Comparing the labyrinth gameplay to Frogger or Prince of Persia (now this was a good game btw) has just no sense.
The Lord's Labyrinth awaits you.
Choose wisely, strike quickly.
Thrust completely.
And may you find the ending that you deserve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info