SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

seriously guys.... just stop making threads about the lab it's so damn useless and bugging everyone else. You guys are spamming the whole forum
"
diablofdb wrote:
seriously guys.... just stop making threads about the lab it's so damn useless and bugging everyone else. You guys are spamming the whole forum

Most of the labyrinth threads are started up by people that have not started other labyrinth threads. I suspect most of them that have started up new labyrinth threads do not even read this particular thread?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

Most of the labyrinth threads are started up by people that have not started other labyrinth threads. I suspect most of them that have started up new labyrinth threads do not even read this particular thread?

there's 3 actives thread in the forum talking about the lab in the feedback section and they still make a new one? that's spam
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

there's 3 actives thread in the forum talking about the lab in the feedback section and they still make a new one? that's spam

I'm not arguing against that. I too wish that people wouldn't start new threads unless it is about something new. I was saying that most of the new labyrinth threads are started up by people that have not previously started up a labyrinth thread.

Regarding the new thread you mention, I suspect that it may be an exception to that though.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

It does not matter if they change it or not, it still is not ARPG gameplay. Just because you have a stubborn developer who refuses to look at the numbers because of ego, does not make him right.

Because you know ... the fact that you don't understand that you are a damn minority and are sure as hell that you are right has absolutely nothing to do with ego ( It has been showed many times that the steam stats show nothing such as a significant population drop, compared to the other leagues, and even if it did, not way to know the impact of the lab on this , NP ).

PS : you don't get to say what is or isn't "ARPG" gameplay.

There is PoE gameplay, and PoE gameplay here, like it or not ( and 100% of PoE fits an Action Role Playing Game, like it or not ).

Deal with it.

And yeah, misery loves company I guess ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Regarding the new thread you mention, I suspect that it may be an exception to that though.

it's not an exception, OP and everyone else who keep making new thread should stop already and stop spamming.

Lab is not gonna change anyways, lab has been a success, more people than every play the game, only a minority hated the lab. It's not going to change face it.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

it's not an exception, OP and everyone else who keep making new thread should stop already and stop spamming.

Lab is not gonna change anyways, lab has been a success, more people than every play the game, only a minority hated the lab. It's not going to change face it.

The thread under discussion is most definitely an exception. I just read in another thread that according to Shovelcut the author of that thread had apparently started his fourth labyrinth thread. Which means that it was in fact an exception to the rule that I had just stated as I thought. There's 182 total accounts responsible for 222 labyrinth threads that I've tracked. Of the 28 accounts with multiple threads, those 28 thread authors account for 65 of those threads. As Shovelcut mentioned, three of those (the fourth one wasn't included in the 222 threads) were from the same author which is obviously also another exception.

edit: If by OP you mean Regulator who started this thread then I suspect that you're mistaken that he's started more than one labyrinth thread?
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 23, 2016, 11:51:19 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

It does not matter if they change it or not, it still is not ARPG gameplay. Just because you have a stubborn developer who refuses to look at the numbers because of ego, does not make him right.

Because you know ... the fact that you don't understand that you are a damn minority and are sure as hell that you are right has absolutely nothing to do with ego ( It has been showed many times that the steam stats show nothing such as a significant population drop, compared to the other leagues, and even if it did, not way to know the impact of the lab on this , NP ).

PS : you don't get to say what is or isn't "ARPG" gameplay.

There is PoE gameplay, and PoE gameplay here, like it or not ( and 100% of PoE fits an Action Role Playing Game, like it or not ).

Deal with it.

And yeah, misery loves company I guess ....

By Deal with it I assume you mean I am forced to play this game or if I don't play it I will die.
I am posting here not because I expect change. I enjoy the thread at this point and discussing it.

Most of the GGG ra ra ra clones position is that since the developers are not removing it clearly its good for the game, (is that an argument for why something is good?). Others are asking us to stop discussing a valid game feature because too many people are posting in feedback (isn't that what its for?).

One group tried to say being able to legally cheat is good for the game (err wait?). The other half ignored you could cheat and said it was a good gear check (err what???).
Easy solution all lab hater stop playing

2 outcomes
The fairytale of a vocal minority is right
Or it is not and as a chain reaction you will have a followed mass exodus

It will take about 2 weeks till the population will notice that most of them will never experience the updated endgame
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Moving your avatar around to avoid getting hit by enemy object X, is ARPG gameplay enough.

"
Zalhan2 wrote:
Most of the GGG ra ra ra clones position is that since the developers are not removing it clearly its good for the game, (is that an argument for why something is good?).

The Lab is not good just because it exists, but for other reasons:

* Always accessible, rather challenging zone
* Traps can't be overlevelled, overgeared & crit-shot from offscreen, so they require some basic skill to solve.
* Lab offers many playstyles: rushing for boss kill, exporing for secrets, key farming...
* Lab has tweakable boss fight difficulty, the player is in control
* The player has one try, making the run more thrilling
* Sweet rewards in the last chamber
* An enjoyable tactical boss fight
* Great mob density
* It's parallel to quest content, thus it can be overlevelled, underlevelled or completely ignored
* It requires minimal time investment (3x 20mins) for great power (6x Ascendancy points)
* It's still optional, tho you know you want those sweet Ascendancies

How to make Lab even better:

* Improve stability, esp. of Uber Lab
* Make it solo only. No carrying, carrying is lame and ascension is a personal thing.
* Improve the enchantment system, at least give the option to not overwrite the current enchant with crap
* Make Uber trials less random, until you complete the set and unlock Uber Lab
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info