SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I disagree, having played since before either was implemented.

And I play exclusively self-found, a playstyle that benefits especially strongly from master-crafting.

We are now exclusively in the realm of opinion, but I suspect that your perspective on this is a niche one. People didn't go nuts over the huge jump in power when Master crafting was introduced.

I have to agree with Gibbousmoon there, master-crafting is a nice addition to reduced the impact of RNG on gear, essentially.

The power creep from ascendancy can be just nuts.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
@Turtledove, do you really have nothing else to do in life then talk about eating shit? Personally I can't wait until sept. 2nd arrives so I can go "i told you so" about there not being any lab changes, but in the meantime I think you should come up with whatever your arguments are going to be when it isn't changed, despite your "massive" list of QQ's about the topic.

In terms of the power of master crafting vs AC, I think they can be somewhat even, while leveling masters takes a lot longer amount of time, you can aquire the servies of someone else if you don't want to do that grind. The issue is for some reason that people don't want to spend ~12c total or an hour or less per character to do all the labs to get their AC points, they think it is something you should just get. Like games should just give you something just for playing them or something, without any concept of a challenge or anything of that nature. Very different line of thinking of players that originally supported this game and players that will give feedback about something, without actually ever doing it or without thinking of why it is the way it is, EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

Using logical arguments with people that dislike the lab is pointless, as apparently GGG is fine with people using literally "shitty" arguments, how that isn't low effort\offtopic, idk, personally it doesn't lead to discussion it just leads to even more negative remarks from all parties involved. And people wonder why the devs don't post here often when people literally talk about eating shit.

Stay classy folks.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
@Turtledove, do you really have nothing else to do in life then talk about eating shit? Personally I can't wait until sept. 2nd arrives so I can go "i told you so" about there not being any lab changes, but in the meantime I think you should come up with whatever your arguments are going to be when it isn't changed, despite your "massive" list of QQ's about the topic.

In terms of the power of master crafting vs AC, I think they can be somewhat even, while leveling masters takes a lot longer amount of time, you can aquire the servies of someone else if you don't want to do that grind. The issue is for some reason that people don't want to spend ~12c total or an hour or less per character to do all the labs to get their AC points, they think it is something you should just get. Like games should just give you something just for playing them or something, without any concept of a challenge or anything of that nature. Very different line of thinking of players that originally supported this game and players that will give feedback about something, without actually ever doing it or without thinking of why it is the way it is, EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

Using logical arguments with people that dislike the lab is pointless, as apparently GGG is fine with people using literally "shitty" arguments, how that isn't low effort\offtopic, idk, personally it doesn't lead to discussion it just leads to even more negative remarks from all parties involved. And people wonder why the devs don't post here often when people literally talk about eating shit.

Stay classy folks.

It does not matter if they change it or not, it still is not ARPG gameplay. Just because you have a stubborn developer who refuses to look at the numbers because of ego, does not make him right.

Its clear a large number of people make 1 character (if that many) and quit because of the lab.

And for the trolls who refuse to read the whole thread search for "steam" in this thread.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Stay classy folks.

It does not matter if they change it or not, it still is not ARPG gameplay. Just because you have a stubborn developer who refuses to look at the numbers because of ego, does not make him right.

Its clear a large number of people make 1 character (if that many) and quit because of the lab.

And for the trolls who refuse to read the whole thread search for "steam" in this thread.

Its not ARPG gameplay, says who you and your buddies, idk how many times I have to say this, but traps in ARPG games have been here for a while, I've already stated many times that even Poe's direct competitor (if you wanna call it that) D3 has traps, including, but not limited to fire pits, obstacles you run into, various ground effects to avoid, swinging blades of death, ect ect.

If you think they aren't looking at the numbers, I'd say you are wrong. What is funny is people like OP and turtle the have become obssessed with the topic, doing literally whatever they can to try and make the issue appear much larger then it is. Do people quit because of the lab, sure, an equal, if not higher amount likely quit because the additional power AC classes gives players means that gearing is that much less important, planning and making a build, is that much less important.

I've participated in this thread and even attempted to help focus the attention on what would be the most logical change, if they were going to change the lab\ac points acquisition, but OP doesn't care, low effort people don't care. They rather it be behind something they already complete in the game, that doesn't take any challenge or different play at all, like normal and cruel malachai.

But its cool, it won't be changed and hopefully people like OP and turtle will realize that the statement that Chris made "so long ago" stays true and they either accept it or move on, as the are far more important issues to focus on then your ego at this point.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
OP doesn't care, low effort people don't care. They rather it be behind something they already complete in the game, that doesn't take any challenge or different play at all, like normal and cruel malachai.

Straw men remain made of straw, no matter how many times you prop them up again.

"Stay classy," man.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
OP doesn't care, low effort people don't care. They rather it be behind something they already complete in the game, that doesn't take any challenge or different play at all, like normal and cruel malachai.

Straw men remain made of straw, no matter how many times you prop them up again.

"Stay classy," man.

Star man or not, it is the fact of the matter. They hate the lab like its the worst fucking thing ever, maybe even worst then cancer, if they put forth this much effort for something that isn't going to get changed, I kinda feel sorry for them.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

"Stay classy," man.

Star man or not, it is the fact of the matter. They hate the lab like its the worst fucking thing ever, maybe even worst then cancer, if they put forth this much effort for something that isn't going to get changed, I kinda feel sorry for them.

I think you don't understand. This is a straw man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

And this is a Star Man:

Wash your hands, Exile!
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

"Stay classy," man.

Theres a great saying.

Misery loves company.

People who enjoy being miserable get even more enjoyment out of the fact that other people are miserable. They congregate together in order to pull others down to their level and make sure they too are miserable.

Thats all this breaks down to at the end of the day. Whats funny is after the essence changes done, people suddenly started to bring up the age old "Masters too hard to level, pls nerf" shit up again in anger because they made it soo Mastercrafting doesnt affect essences.

Direct quotes from that thread.

"Master leveling is definitely the worst part of my PoE experience. Well, I guess the trading system, but that's not really a strictly gameplay thing."

"Complete agreement on that, trading and master leveling are extremely unfun."

"Leveling masters is in a WHOLE different league of bullshit compared to trading. Trading is being blown out of proportions too fucking much."

Many others too, pretty funny stuff. As soon as they dont get the entitled 4ex essence crafting a 50-100ex item its onwards to crusade about other things.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
You lost any credibility when you put LAB and Diablo 3 in the same content.

I am playing it now and there is no Lab like trap feeling anywhere even on Torment X and beyond.

Please stop trolling and pretending a telepathic connection with GGG.

PS. I am not saying Diablo 3 is a good game or endorsing it, well its fun a week per season or so.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Theres a great saying.

Misery loves company.

People who enjoy being miserable get even more enjoyment out of the fact that other people are miserable. They congregate together in order to pull others down to their level and make sure they too are miserable.

Thats all this breaks down to at the end of the day. Whats funny is after the essence changes done, people suddenly started to bring up the age old "Masters too hard to level, pls nerf" shit up again in anger because they made it soo Mastercrafting doesnt affect essences.

Direct quotes from that thread.

"Master leveling is definitely the worst part of my PoE experience. Well, I guess the trading system, but that's not really a strictly gameplay thing."

"Complete agreement on that, trading and master leveling are extremely unfun."

"Leveling masters is in a WHOLE different league of bullshit compared to trading. Trading is being blown out of proportions too fucking much."

Many others too, pretty funny stuff. As soon as they dont get the entitled 4ex essence crafting a 50-100ex item its onwards to crusade about other things.

[/quote]

Why are you mixing level progression , crafting and loot progression?

Why would I complain about crafting progression in a thread about level progression?
Why bring it up?
Do you know the difference?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info