SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
+1, or at least until they get their priorities straight and optimize the game. The only reason I do Lab is for Ascendancy, and I cannot do today's merciless layout due to how much resources the fire floors cause, making my game a slideshow. Slideshow -> Can't dodge Izaro's attacks -> Dead.

+2
im going to +1 this every 4 hours, because GGG needs to see this

AND I PAY 4 DIS GAEM, SO I GIT WAT I WANT
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Yeah how about a no.
I play for like two Years now PoE and i have with this Game still a lot of fun...

The new Skills and Trading Improvements are very good, but the Labyrinth is the most boring thing ever for me. I understand, that GGG put much Time and Money in the Labyrinth, but sorry... this Trapthing is not for an Arpg. Its no Gameflow, no Dynamic. Only boring.

For a completly alternative Content its great, but plz Ascendancy Points without the Labyrinth. Izaro Fight only is no Problem, what i hate this Labyrinth, this Traps.

Play only HC, in this Season i start SC to reach the 36 Challenges for the MTX Skins and dont die, but its only boring. Now in HC i dont go in the Labyrinth. 50% scary to die to Traps, 50% because its boring. Play without Subclass? Yes!

PoE is a very good Game, i love it, but the Labyrinth was... sorry nothing.
Last edited by Hatstick on Mar 24, 2016, 10:07:26 PM
I ran lab few times on couple of my chars only for the points. Due to time restriction ( family) can't really sit for long time in one go.

Not skilled enough to finish under 10 mins. Ascd points as reward elsewhere might be helpful ..

But then, it felt good when i completed lab runs to claim the points !! :)
I agree. my thoughts;

Properly tune izaro:

He does way too much damage in comparison to anything in the labyrith (minus argus if he touches you). It's insane that while a mob of ghosted yellows outside can do nothing, only for him to halve my health if he so pokes me with his weapon. Things like this make my wonder if health has any use in the thousands; just give me a 2-3 dot bar if its going to work like that. Fix that up.

Second: Make health/es points actually matter (on the main passive tree).

I really do agree with this. If someone has 5000 hp, he should last longer in traps then the person with 2000 hp. If I use immortal call and completely ignore izaro's instant kill hammer smash, I shouldn't take a scratch when touched by sawblades, but that's not how it works. Other then this, I wonder if the other main stats should be included. For instance; armor affects trap damage, and evasion/dodge allows avoidance of certain traps (like darts), or even resistances for things like the fire traps. Sure, it would mean that they would need to add more traps, but it is for the better.
Consider how many less people would die due to lag if their health actually mattered? Plus it would decrease the annoying requirement of having all instant health flasks for traps.

Don't require running all trials in each playthrough: Let me just do 3 or something; it would be a lot less tedious that way. Also, consider using different/new traps for the later difficulties ascendancies, because otherwise that makes them even more tedious to do.

A thought; don't make the labyrinth kick you out, and instead make it like a map with limited portals in the enterance.

This, this is important. This may seem like it betrays the point, but I feel it does the opposite of that. Not everyone has hours to run and re-run the labyrinth if they die, and it can take awhile if you don't know exactly which rooms to go into. Make the entrance of the labyrinth have portals like a map entrance which also refills potions, but has limited uses. If the rest of the endgame (mapping) allows this, why not allow the labyrinth to do this? It would make it a lot less gut wrenching/more fun, and it would still maintain that experience.

Lastly; labyrinth maps.

Instead of having to run the thing every single time, just give us maps which are a condensed version of the lab (maybe a couple of areas with a singular fight) and allow us to run those for enchantments.
The whole labyrinth in one go, with no portals as there are with the rest of the game (even in hardcore), and the requirement of repeat for a singular reroll, is hellishly boring... not to mention when it just crashes. Heck, maybe with map crafting/rerolling on labyrinth maps (and even multiple tiers), it could even be fun if done properly.

These are a few things I hope for which would make these systemns more enjoyable (in my opinion), but I understand why people wouldn't want points in the lab. I don't blame them when so many choices in the game elsewhere just become null here.

(On a a less negative note and somewhat unrelated note, I'd really love secret rooms outside of the labyrinth. Perhaps you could hide past league content in them, like talismans?)
Last edited by Skyblade799 on Mar 25, 2016, 2:49:38 AM
I am about done with PoE due to the Lab and Asc points gated behing this pile of pure annoyance. The heck I dont want to play Super Mario with 1 Life for all the game.

Tried for hours (split over some days) now to get the Merc points on a LL-ES char (yep this is = no insta life pots). Always some kind of stuttering or lag happens that will leave me dead.

Tried in 70ies ranges (kept leveling and improving def), tried in 80ies ranges, just not getting further since the inevitable lag death will come latest on Izaro.

That stuff might be fun to some (good for them), but also at least few poeple from my guild did allready quit due to how the lab gating their class points is implemented.

No fun at all for me, not interested in playing the lab at all myself. Allready realized this will prevent me from getting a lot of chalenges and I can accept that. Not being able to get the class points on chars I like (that crash regular content without problems) is not acceptable for me.

Feels really discouraging having the new classes and passives rubbed in my face while having the knowledge I will not ever get to play their full fun on chars of my likes.
(I actually finished lab on std on some freaking boring Flame Totem all def/block and all regen char).

Well, will log out for now.
Not sure when I will feel inclined to play again. Luckily did not fall for the new stash tabs shoptrap yesterday (nearly bought points for it cuz I like that addition to the game), cuz I would have deeply regreted that now (forgot how bad the lab is for a moment yesterday).
Last edited by boesersven on Mar 25, 2016, 8:42:19 AM
"
Skyblade799 wrote:
A thought; don't make the labyrinth kick you out, and instead make it like a map with limited portals in the enterance.

This, this is important. This may seem like it betrays the point, but I feel it does the opposite of that. Not everyone has hours to run and re-run the labyrinth if they die, and it can take awhile if you don't know exactly which rooms to go into. Make the entrance of the labyrinth have portals like a map entrance which also refills potions, but has limited uses. If the rest of the endgame (mapping) allows this, why not allow the labyrinth to do this? It would make it a lot less gut wrenching/more fun, and it would still maintain that experience.

Hey, that's not a bad idea. A good compromise and mechanically consistent with the rest of the game.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Maswasnos wrote:
Nope Nope Nope, keep ascendancy points in the labyrinth. OP is missing the entire point of this expansion.

To gate skill points behind tedious content that we're all literally racing through?
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
+1. Remove the ascendancy points from the shitty labyrinth and put them behind something else in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info