Labyrinth is one of the best additions PoE ever had

"
JacobJackel wrote:
"Ps. White-knight argument again. Oh well, guess it is all kid/white-knight/ego/your-idea... Says a lot about level of discussion coming from you."

Perq you are 1. losing this battle and alot of respect along the way my friend you are in no way the soul force voice of the POE community so stop acting like it. you may like the new Xpack and thats fine and you have a right to voice that but what you do not have is the right to criticize everyone for pointing out valid reasons for not liking it on a personal level like they are attacking you. Can you smell dev poo all the time with your nose in the current state?

Battle? How am I losing? I'm just voicing my opinion, and some people feel need to label me with some stuff. I'm losing respect? Lol.

I'm not acting like a voice of community. I'm my own voice. I have right to criticize anything, and anyone I please, thank you. But I focus on talking about the game, and not about people.

And what is most funny part of your silly post, is the last sentence. You say all that shit about me not having right to criticize people for their opinions, yet you end your post with such a low and primitive crap... Again, want respect - show respect.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"

Masters are optional in different way, if wish to have a really good item, is better if has no master mod. Try make better char, compared to one with 6 Ascendancy points... discounted currency also very different, only makes things faster. Masters also would be equally hated, if those daily missions were now only way to get currency, after patch that added them masters.

And if thinking, no balance at all will be added, to compensate Ascendancy points... right. If this won't happen in near future, I promise to rip off my left nut, and send it to You in a letter. So much for being "optional" feature.

And of Atziri, no I do not think those items are equally much "needed" to have, compared to Ascendany classes. Not even close. And if are, can grind and buy from other player, who LIKES to grind Atziri, not to mention being completely unable to get those without making the actual kill byself. People are not forced to run them, if not willing to.

This is the problem, new content this time one must just accept, no matter if likes or not, or fail. This time it's "do it or gtfo". And for many, it makes most of gaming hours feel like playing very very different game. And also rekt old chars at the same on std, if skipping labs, not cool at all.

Making Ascendancy points less powerful I'd think is bad solution. Putting them behind Malachai kill for example, would be better. Also maybe even more logical in a way, complete the game: get reward. Now there is none. Is odd GGG rather forces us to run some irrelevant mini-game-like feeling thing, instead of actually making us to complete the storyline...

Still thinking new content good, for some propably gives much more fun this used to give. But for many, it pretty much ruined this. This masterpiece of a game turns into brainless farming only if players themselves are just copying some OP builds, I think problem never was the lack of endless halls with idiotic traps a child could pass.

If that happens, I will be the first one to call that out. Worry not. :) Also, I'm keeping you to the word. :>

You say traps are easy, yet they are gating Ascendancy points for some reason. Pick one. :P
This is the whole point - Lab is not that easy. You can't just copy-pasta a build, and expect to faceroll everything. I think this is the whole reason some people are so mad about this. And once again - there is no farming needed. Done right, it takes 10-20 minutes to complete.
Think of it that way - what if someone only enjoys mapping. He has to invest hours upon hours in main story. Should we remove all acts, because of that?

The whole game was brainless farming. Lab needs you to think for a moment. And this is why it should stay, so people start thinking, and stop copy-pasta rolling FOTM builds without any understanding.
Last edited by Perq on Mar 9, 2016, 7:20:12 AM
"
Perq wrote:
1. Variance
Labyrinth is played a lot difference than other parts of the game. Interesting!

What? Kill shit, run through doors, kill bosses, be done with it. I totally don't do that outside rinth already.

"
Perq wrote:
2. Decision making and stagnation breaking.

Playing Normal -> Cruel -> Merciless has some decision making now. You just don't just faceroll to maps. You have to decide when you want to Ascend on each difficulty - Ascending earlier gives you benefits which accelerate leveling, but is also risky, because it is pretty difficult.

That's only because rinth is still new. In a week or so you know exactly when you want to and can run it.

"
Perq wrote:
3. Another thing to farm in late game!

Maps, Atziri... Now Labyrinth! What not to like?! This is what PoE needed, and still needs.

DC's. Unstable servers. Also farm what? Enchantments? Bro, that's called "buying a lottery ticket", not farming :=)

"
Perq wrote:
4. More racing!

You can now race without having to do 5h of racing per day - if you can get a good time, you'll get rewards! Neat.

Races are pointless in the first place. If it's affected by RNG it can't be competitive, and races are supposed to be competitive. Tough luck.

"
Perq wrote:
5. Theme

Izaro is a bro. Stuff he says is cool. He is cool. Lab is great!

Izaro's voice acting just sounds incredibly bored. Like "yawn, is this my next line?" bored. His speech about emperors also has logical fallacies all over the place. Funny at first, but it gets annoying fast.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
Perq wrote:

If that happens, I will be the first one to call that out. Worry not. :) Also, I'm keeping you to the word. :>

You say traps are easy, yet they are gating Ascendancy points for some reason. Pick one. :P
This is the whole point - Lab is not that easy. You can't just copy-pasta a build, and expect to faceroll everything. I think this is the whole reason some people are so mad about this. And once again - there is no farming needed. Done right, it takes 10-20 minutes to complete.
Think of it that way - what if someone only enjoys mapping. He has to invest hours upon hours in main story. Should we remove all acts, because of that?

The whole game was brainless farming. Lab needs you to think for a moment. And this is why it should stay, so people start thinking, and stop copy-pasta rolling FOTM builds without any understanding.

Pick one? I pick both, because is just the way I roll :D

Not writing to make You mad, pls understand this, even though being bombarded by some with very immature comments on other posts... noticed people being bit hostile towards You, also noticed maybe some change in tone even here? Not doing this as a personal attack towards You or Your opinions, I do respect You and Your thoughts as well.

About this subject, yes, them traps are easy. Still need tons of time to complete a long series of them. Sry didn't wish to re-post exactly the same sentences You already read on my earlier post here, caused maybe a confusion here...

Please do understand, some have other reasons not to complete them, than those simple traps being hard. Example case: almost complete it, dc, need re-run. During re-run, another dc. Entering boss, 3rd. Small cursing, and glimpse at the clock, noticing gaming hours for today are now done. What left in hand? Frustration. Nothing else. Next day, same set, same reward. And how lovely, is something that cannot even skip. So maybe today, could complete it, maybe not... but not going to waste (yes "waste", not "use" as used to be) time to see if lucky. Can and will do something that entertains me, rather.

I hate dc and such also during maps, but can deal with it since it only rarely causes major issues... And if there weren't any, I would run this HC anyways, as I used to play Diablo 1 and 2 also back in the days (well D3 as well, but that I played 2 weeks, not counting it).

These things I feel about this, are not something "I chose to think" or anything, I post here on this forum only the feeling I do actually get, while now playing. Have enjoyed PoE a LOT during time played, just feels stupid to lose interest in it entirely, because of such stupid detail in design. Such that would not even have pretty much any negative impact, if made slightly different way...

And about people copy-pasting builds... not liking it either, but even more I just wonder why anyone would do that, for me such would kill pretty much everything I used to enjoy in this. Still thinking this was bad way to solve this, if was something GGG wanted to get rid off. Now I think this is ruined by something added by this patch, rather than me killing interest myself by playing this in a brainless way, or something...

Then again, I do doubt there being any change in anything if posting here thoughts, sadly... but who knows, maybe GGG actually reads these :)
After being DC'ed a dozen times (before the patches) on 2nd level, last fight etc.. I really started to get annoyed about the whole Lab concept. Is this what a good ARPG is supposed to add?

But after getting that first Ascendancy, and severely overleveling my toon for the Cruel one (which I managed yesterday) I have turned around 180º on my opinion.

This is what gets me connected to my character. This is what clenches my tiny, lovely, pinkish butthole. This is what gives me sweaty palms..on Softcore! wow..

I am not looking forward to do this 18*3 for my softcore standard toons (GGG is creating a fix), but for Perandus, I love it now.

I do not want to have BiS gear, I just want to get 4 or 6 ascendancy point to fiddle around with, and that I can get with some investment.

I now have to invest some time and effort in getting some reward(s). That I did not feel before (alch map, run, rinse and repeat)

+1 for me GGG, keep it up!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
"
xchokeholdx wrote:

I am not looking forward to do this 18*3 for my softcore standard toons

This... with time I can use on this game, getting 6 points to all of my chars, would need me to run labyrinths only the next 2 weeks of gaming hours I can have... this would be optimal time, without any dc or lag death, so propably maybe 4-5 weeks in reality. Not too inspired atm about this "fun" new thing that is "optional" extra...

Was so much waiting for the content that was added on this patch, now can flush mine plans down the toilet pretty much... This patch made it so, that cannot enjoy this :I
"
Perq wrote:

I have right to criticize anything, and anyone I please

"
Perq wrote:

your silly post

"
Perq wrote:

want respect - show respect.

Ha! :)
- Best Signature Ever -
"

Pick one? I pick both, because is just the way I roll :D

Not writing to make You mad, pls understand this, even though being bombarded by some with very immature comments on other posts... noticed people being bit hostile towards You, also noticed maybe some change in tone even here? Not doing this as a personal attack towards You or Your opinions, I do respect You and Your thoughts as well.

About this subject, yes, them traps are easy. Still need tons of time to complete a long series of them. Sry didn't wish to re-post exactly the same sentences You already read on my earlier post here, caused maybe a confusion here...

Please do understand, some have other reasons not to complete them, than those simple traps being hard. Example case: almost complete it, dc, need re-run. During re-run, another dc. Entering boss, 3rd. Small cursing, and glimpse at the clock, noticing gaming hours for today are now done. What left in hand? Frustration. Nothing else. Next day, same set, same reward. And how lovely, is something that cannot even skip. So maybe today, could complete it, maybe not... but not going to waste (yes "waste", not "use" as used to be) time to see if lucky. Can and will do something that entertains me, rather.

I hate dc and such also during maps, but can deal with it since it only rarely causes major issues... And if there weren't any, I would run this HC anyways, as I used to play Diablo 1 and 2 also back in the days (well D3 as well, but that I played 2 weeks, not counting it).

These things I feel about this, are not something "I chose to think" or anything, I post here on this forum only the feeling I do actually get, while now playing. Have enjoyed PoE a LOT during time played, just feels stupid to lose interest in it entirely, because of such stupid detail in design. Such that would not even have pretty much any negative impact, if made slightly different way...

And about people copy-pasting builds... not liking it either, but even more I just wonder why anyone would do that, for me such would kill pretty much everything I used to enjoy in this. Still thinking this was bad way to solve this, if was something GGG wanted to get rid off. Now I think this is ruined by something added by this patch, rather than me killing interest myself by playing this in a brainless way, or something...

Then again, I do doubt there being any change in anything if posting here thoughts, sadly... but who knows, maybe GGG actually reads these :)

I know, don't worry. :P I can tell when someone is trying to have an conversation, and someone is just opposed to everything I say, because they simply do not like me (because I did not agree with everything they said, at all times).

I think I fully understand your position - there is much frustration, when you get DCed, crash or simply die, when you want to get rewards that nice. I'm all for ideas that will improve the way Labyrinth works. Fixes to DCs, maybe respawn in the same spot you DCed, when you come back (only solo, because you could exploit that in party play). Dunno, maybe some other stuff. But what I see mostly from 99% of people who hate Lab are just angry about not getting it. Yes, DCs/crashes are annoying, and should be gone.

But I don't want yet another power-creep, free points for everyone. We have enough of rofl-stomp going on already. People who barely know how they build work (because of copy-pasta FOTM builds) get to levels 90+, while doing literally nothing, except for holding one button, and watching whole screen explode. Nothing against them, tho - if they want to play that way, let them. But we want I to have something to play with, too.

I think that people who don't like Lab that much now, should just give it some time. People who hate it, and want to dick around forums with #quitAt2.2CuzLab, too. Maybe. :P
"
Perq wrote:

But I don't want yet another power-creep, free points for everyone. We have enough of rofl-stomp going on already. People who barely know how they build work (because of copy-pasta FOTM builds) get to levels 90+, while doing literally nothing, except for holding one button, and watching whole screen explode. Nothing against them, tho - if they want to play that way, let them. But we want I to have something to play with, too.

I think that people who don't like Lab that much now, should just give it some time. People who hate it, and want to dick around forums with #quitAt2.2CuzLab, too. Maybe. :P

Copy-pasta builds are the biggest plague of this game... then again, many who use those, also get bored fast and move on, this I see also happening a lot. So this is also a self-fixing problem in a way. Seems a bit unfair though, even if GGG was trying to get rid of that, this had almost the exact opposite effect I think. If those copied build users are now not just googling how to fly through lab in 10 min without problems, I'd be amazed... before copy-pasting build and doing it all as they have before: copy everything, explore nothing.

Who this really hurt, were those actually playing this game as GGG meant this to be played, atleast if having not so much time to put on this. This is why I'd prefer them taking care of balance issues differently. I preferred the old way: nerfs. Even though were sometimes hated by some, GGG has done amazing job in the past keeping stuff balanced. Not 100% ofc, such would be propably impossible... but considering the amount of stuff in this game, that can be combined, is trully amazing the game is not completely broken by balance issues. Not even close, that is.

Many times before also, some new skills or items or some, have been too powerful, nothing new there... but this seemed like now odd way to fix things, if is what this patch was meant to do at the same. Shoving this labyrinth down peoples throats, does not solve this: people still copying op builds. This is what really ruins it all for the rest of us, nothing else.
"

Copy-pasta builds are the biggest plague of this game... then again, many who use those, also get bored fast and move on, this I see also happening a lot. So this is also a self-fixing problem in a way. Seems a bit unfair though, even if GGG was trying to get rid of that, this had almost the exact opposite effect I think. If those copied build users are now not just googling how to fly through lab in 10 min without problems, I'd be amazed... before copy-pasting build and doing it all as they have before: copy everything, explore nothing.

Who this really hurt, were those actually playing this game as GGG meant this to be played, atleast if having not so much time to put on this. This is why I'd prefer them taking care of balance issues differently. I preferred the old way: nerfs. Even though were sometimes hated by some, GGG has done amazing job in the past keeping stuff balanced. Not 100% ofc, such would be propably impossible... but considering the amount of stuff in this game, that can be combined, is trully amazing the game is not completely broken by balance issues. Not even close, that is.

Many times before also, some new skills or items or some, have been too powerful, nothing new there... but this seemed like now odd way to fix things, if is what this patch was meant to do at the same. Shoving this labyrinth down peoples throats, does not solve this: people still copying op builds. This is what really ruins it all for the rest of us, nothing else.

Well, what does teenager do, when you tell him to find a job and start his own life, instead of leeching on everything his parents has achieved? He'll resist. He'll tantrum and say that this is wrong, and that he should be getting everything he is getting now.
Not targeting this towards you, because you obviously know what is the problem, but be honest - don't you think this is it?

@BestUsernameEver
Hey, I've heard you wanted to ignore me. TBH, I really wish you did. :V So, why are you still here again?
Last edited by Perq on Mar 9, 2016, 9:39:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info