Labyrinth is one of the best additions PoE ever had

To balance out all these salty Labyrinth threads, I'd like to say few positive things about Lab. :=)

1. Variance
Labyrinth is played a lot difference than other parts of the game. Interesting!

2. Decision making and stagnation breaking.

Playing Normal -> Cruel -> Merciless has some decision making now. You just don't just faceroll to maps. You have to decide when you want to Ascend on each difficulty - Ascending earlier gives you benefits which accelerate leveling, but is also risky, because it is pretty difficult.

3. Another thing to farm in late game!

Maps, Atziri... Now Labyrinth! What not to like?! This is what PoE needed, and still needs.

4. More racing!

You can now race without having to do 5h of racing per day - if you can get a good time, you'll get rewards! Neat.

5. Theme

Izaro is a bro. Stuff he says is cool. He is cool. Lab is great!

Yes, I'm mocking all these people, being vocal minority. You're not giving a fair feedback - you're just being salty about losing.

GGG - please, don't change the concept of Labyrinth. Few balance tweaks are ok, but I'd be very sad if you actually listened to these Q__Qers, and ruined the awesome addition, which is Labyrinth... :<

PS. If you are salty about Labyrinth - don't bother writing here. If you want to give FAIR feedback about what could be improved - go on. We'll talk.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 22, 2016, 2:33:55 AM
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2016, 2:20:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I really wish they had a DC protection =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I really wish they had a DC protection =/

game kicked me yesterday before the final itzaro fight too and having a new char it takes some time to get there.

lab is alot of fun and i like the concept to have it either finished fast or have it more rewarding but taking longer.

once you have done it 4 times, the layout and traps are memorized and finishing is really easy.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I love labirynth so far and don't get the frustration.

Area full of monsters, traps with bosses at the end + chests of loot. I can't comprehend how not to like it.

The only issue for me is length combined with lack of pause. I need to pee ffs.

And maybe overtuned boss difficulty, but whatever. Will manage.

Dodging traps is simple. Backtracking almost nonexistant (seriously, what are these complaints all about? I'm not expert, but so far I just press on and almost never go back).
Atmosphere is great, challenge sufficiennt, loot rewarding.

Moar such features pls.
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
I love labirynth so far and don't get the frustration.

Area full of monsters, traps with bosses at the end + chests of loot. I can't comprehend how not to like it.

The only issue for me is length combined with lack of pause. I need to pee ffs.

And maybe overtuned boss difficulty, but whatever. Will manage.

Dodging traps is simple. Backtracking almost nonexistant (seriously, what are these complaints all about? I'm not expert, but so far I just press on and almost never go back).
Atmosphere is great, challenge sufficiennt, loot rewarding.

Moar such features pls.

You can clear big area around you, and go do whatever you need to do quite safely. :P
I usually clear 5-6 screens radius around me (preferably a tunnel), and just go afk and do what I need to do. Leaving character in unknown area is a no-go, tho. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
+1

lab is far more complex than most prople think. it is min maxing heaven.

you can go for speed
you can go for keys
you can go for silver chest and or darkshrines
you can go for deterministic farm of special encounters

and you can perfectly well level in there i stead of maps/dried lake. the mob density is extreme, the rare/magic to thrash ratio is off the charts. the traps that annoy so many are surprisingly sparse

and if you hit right enchant your build feels soooo much better (2% life and mana regon on hit? cover everything in chill on hit? 8% chance to freeze/ignite/shock on non crit for RT build? and then there are helmets..)

it is fantastic end-end game content. when you get to 90 and have little desire to 'level up' but you simply like playing your character.

9/10 ( some rooms are too small, some rooms too dark, loading times take like 10% of entire run)

"
鬼殺し wrote:
get my Protoss portrait later.

Necromancer?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Perq wrote:
To balance out all these salty Labyrinth threads, I'd like to say few positive things about Lab. :=)

1. Variance
Labyrinth is played a lot difference than other parts of the game. Interesting!

1. It sure is, but it is very challenging, time consuming and mandatory. You cannot just skip it, you HAVE TO do it as soon as possible. It could have been designed a lot better. Like Labyrinth we have now for those great enchants and the ones we are doing to open the labyrinth for points.

"
Perq wrote:

2. Decision making and stagnation breaking.

Playing Normal -> Cruel -> Merciless has some decision making now. You just don't just faceroll to maps. You have to decide when you want to Ascend on each difficulty - Ascending earlier gives you benefits which accelerate leveling, but is also risky, because it is pretty difficult.

2. It is not THAT decision making. You are just deciding when you want to enter there. Other than the boss, there is no gear requirement. You can go in at level 1000000 and still die because of traps since their damage scales as far as I can tell.

"
Perq wrote:

3. Another thing to farm in late game!

Maps, Atziri... Now Labyrinth! What not to like?! This is what PoE needed, and still needs.

3. No one said anything about not liking a place to farm. People (me included) are complaining because it is MANDATORY not optional.
"
Perq wrote:

4. More racing!

You can now race without having to do 5h of racing per day - if you can get a good time, you'll get rewards! Neat.

4. Since I don't do races like ever (as I am playing the game just for a couple hours of fun per week) I can't comment on this.
"
Perq wrote:

5. Theme

Izaro is a bro. Stuff he says is cool. He is cool. Lab is great!

Yes, I'm mocking all these people, being vocal minority. You're not giving a fair feedback - you're just being salty about losing.

GGG - please, don't change the concept of Labyrinth. Few balance tweaks are ok, but I'd be very sad if you actually listened to these Q__Qers, and ruined the awesome addition, which is Labyrinth... :<

PS. If you are salty about Labyrinth - don't bother writing here. If you want to give FAIR feedback about what could be improved - go on. We'll talk.

Well I think I have given my fair feedback without being salty, as you call it, hope I have made my point as clear as possible.
Just crashed on the final phase see that's bullshit right there.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I agree with Perq.

We (3 guys) were leveling pretty casual due to limited amount of time. We've hit the Lab at first with lvl 33. Well... we left it with about level 40 and we all died to Izzy stage 3. We had a blast about this lab. Out Necro/srs didn't liked it at all, but I love it. Its entertaining, challenging and rewarding. 2nd Run in the lab got me my Sabo Pic. I've ran it twice after that.

Later in Cruel, we've decided to hit on Izzy at level 55 or so. It was all over a easy walk to Izzy. But on stage 3 he had his Frenzys. Well I got oneshotted from him with 2k life (I know thats far to low). I loled so hard. I kept leveling further to around A1 Merci and tried the lab again with better gear and ~3.1k of life with lvl 62 or so. It was way easier than before, and understanding the mechanics helps too. so 2nd Cruel run was a success and got me my 2nd ascension. and a nice Enchantment. :> (It fires a icy projectile when I'am hit) It is perfect for my traper.

I also like the little fetcher, Argus. The first time I met him I heard a strange "Argus, fetch!" I was like wait what? Guess what came next, this little guy was on aggro. I nearly shit my pants tho. It was intense and very entertaining.

Overall, the Labyrinth was the best addition to the game so far.
But I also understand those who are relativly new to the game, that they have a hard time with it. Our Necro (in the meanwhile also ascended) is a realtivly new player, with a limited understanding of the game. Like us so long time ago. We kept patience and told him how to deal with it. The lab has a great learning efficiency.

Did I mentioned I love it? :D

Bison, fetch! :>
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info