Quitting PoE after years due to Labyrinth System

"
Perq wrote:
"
dinobin wrote:
I don't care what the white knights will be saying, I'm totally on OP's side.

First, I also don't see how the lab fits to the style of the game, but it's a matter of one's own preferences, I don't care.
The problem is, that the biggest part of the expansion (or to say better, the most anticipated) is locked behind it.

Why is that a problem? Because it doesn't have any checkpoint. And it's too long (and for me, also boring)

To be honest, I HATE all the people who say "if you don't work hard for the points, you shouldn't get them", or "everyone is QQing". No. Not everyone is a nolife geek, some casual players just want to have fun. Some people play the game after a long busy day, the last they want is to work their ass off before the screen (I mean now that it is time-consuming, and that there is no checkpoint is the worst). Also, there are a lot of players, who get DC-s ALL THE TIME. With normal SC content this is not a big problem (although sad), and these people don't give a fuck about HC. But forcing a semi-hardcore mechanic to these people is just a fucked up decision.

Futhermore, don't say it is not optional. Yes, of course, it is optional in the way that you can progress with the storyline without it. Maybe also do some maps. But if you wanna be competitive / do content later, you have to get the ascendency points. And by "do content later", I mean the next patches, which are very likely going to be a lot harder, because the "new standard" will be those with asc.points. So the new points are, or will be calculated into the game difficulty.

I think I'll also stop playing for a while

(PS.: I like the idea a lot from a previous poster, to have Izaro as a hard, no-party boss with asc.point as reward, but without the Lab. The should be then only a good farm/leveling zone.)

Mind explaining to me, why would I read your post? If you do not care what the other side says, do you really expect them to care about stuff you say? If you do not, are you writing just to circle-jerk with other people, who agree with you? Are you trying to create some kind of echo chamber here?

You're not achieving anything here, nor discussing anything, but simply trying to reinforce a feeling, that you are doing everything right, and the game is broken, and when people tell why in might not be the case, you disregard all of it, because it might prove that you were wrong. And nobody likes to be wrong, amarite?

I'll try to answer for him because he probably doesn't read this forum anymore. This is the Feedback and Suggestions forum. Its primary purpose is supposed to be giving/discussing feedback and suggestions to GGG on PoE. This forum is the proper play for people to make their opinions known to GGG. Regards,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
symban wrote:
I honestly can not comprehend the mindset of players who quit over labyrinth when they did not quit over desynch until it was fixed. Labyrinth a nice change of pace and you need to run it 3 times per char. What is the big deal?

Also NOX had similar trap labyrinths and it was ARPG too, and I think it was a very good part of that game. For PoE, with the speed mobs move around traps are less meaningful, especially with all the mobility skills at our disposal *cough*lightningwarp*cough* but still a good change with the ascension classes.

For me and many others, it has to do with hating trap game play. I hate games like Mario, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider etc.. PoE was a fantastic game with excellent fun deep game play. Yes Desynch was a a big bother but the basic game play was fun and fantastic. The labyrinth is horrible boring tedious and not fun. It destroyed the game that I loved to play almost everyday for almost two years.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The only problems of Labyrinth are that the traps should be more challenging and there should be more rewarding and randomness in side area (e.g. one more chance to enchant items if you unlock all the door and large chests) so that players will have more incentive to run them instead of speed run. It's just a thing that only require you to run three times. You don't need to run them after if you really don't like it.

The system itself is great for me. I think it's just the flavor of different players instead of a mistake of GGG. GGG have done a great job (okay, it's never enough).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Apr 14, 2016, 9:11:56 AM
If anything I think GGG was too afraid of making it an integral part of the game and providing meaningful loot so now people feel like they're wasting time since besides one time runs for ascendancy points, there isn't much reason to go there unless you want to try your luck with enchanting RNG.

If the place had appropriate level and doing side stuff was rewarding, people would me more inclined to run it as an alternative to maps. And yeah, traps are mostly meaningless with all the movement skills and potions we have, I just run straight through them.
Last edited by Raudram on Apr 14, 2016, 9:22:54 AM
"
Raudram wrote:
If anything I think GGG was too afraid of making it an integral part of the game and providing meaningful loot so now people feel like they're wasting time since besides one time runs for ascendancy points, there isn't much reason to go there unless you want to try your luck with enchanting RNG.

If the place had appropriate level and doing side stuff was rewarding, people would me more inclined to run it as an alternative to maps. And yeah, traps are mostly meaningless with all the movement skills and potions we have, I just run straight through them.

Its current level version is balanced around the fact that people want access to the last 2 ascendancy points before really getting too far into maps.

I believe the "data mined" stuff has revealed the possibility of a higher level lab, but the indication we've seen so far doesn't really show that. It can't really be an alternative to maps given its zone level, personally if you hate it you only have to really run it a few times, but then again most people that hate it do so because they simply don't learn the mechanics and are acting like "children" instead of trying to do something new and interesting, they want to mindlessly grind it like everything else in the game.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its current level version is balanced around the fact that people want access to the last 2 ascendancy points before really getting too far into maps.

I believe the "data mined" stuff has revealed the possibility of a higher level lab, but the indication we've seen so far doesn't really show that. It can't really be an alternative to maps given its zone level, personally if you hate it you only have to really run it a few times, but then again most people that hate it do so because they simply don't learn the mechanics and are acting like "children" instead of trying to do something new and interesting, they want to mindlessly grind it like everything else in the game.

My opinion is that most people that do hate the labyrinth is because they do not enjoy trap game play or they enjoy regular PoE game play much more. To my mind that makes more sense than the idea that some kind of mass hysteria has taken over the population. This mass hysteria then makes them act like children and are not capable of learning the mechanics. Of course when trying to vilify a group of people like you seem to be doing, your explanation is more convenient.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

My opinion is that most people that do hate the labyrinth is because they do not enjoy trap game play or they enjoy regular PoE game play much more. To my mind that makes more sense than the idea that some kind of mass hysteria has taken over the population. This mass hysteria then makes them act like children and are not capable of learning the mechanics. Of course when trying to vilify a group of people like you seem to be doing, your explanation is more convenient.

Enjoy regular gameplay more, congrats you only "have to" do the lab 3 times per character, you can spend the vast majority of your time doing the stuff you want to do.

People acting like children because they get lost or won't learn the mechanics and thinks it takes like 20 min to do the lab, when in all actuality, you can get rushed in 5-10 min with the later time being the more common one and the first being like the fastest rushers possible.

We all do things in life we dont want, this is a prime example of something GGG created that not everyone wants to do, but its necessary for ascendancy points and people just want the additional power for free, without proving your worth, which is what the whole idea of ascending was all about.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

We all do things in life we dont want, this is a prime example of something GGG created that not everyone wants to do, but its necessary for ascendancy points and people just want the additional power for free, without proving your worth, which is what the whole idea of ascending was all about.

Of course we all have to do things in life that we don't want to do. However, people don't have to play a game if they don't want to. So, it is reasonable for people to decide to play a game or not based on whatever they want to base it on. If GGG wanted to make ascending based on completing a crossword puzzle then that would be their prerogative. However, in that case it would be reasonable for some in the player base to decide to not play PoE anymore because they don't like doing crossword puzzles.
"
goetzjam wrote:

This is a video game, not doing your taxes. If they change the game to make it less fun and more chore, then people will rightfully reject the changes and possibly the game itself. Doesn't matter how you feel about the changes, you are not going to convince anyone to like something that they hate by trying to refute/trivialize their grievances, so just stop.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Of course we all have to do things in life that we don't want to do. However, people don't have to play a game if they don't want to. So, it is reasonable for people to decide to play a game or not based on whatever they want to base it on. If GGG wanted to make ascending based on completing a crossword puzzle then that would be their prerogative. However, in that case it would be reasonable for some in the player base to decide to not play PoE anymore because they don't like doing crossword puzzles.

Except it isn't a fucking crossword puzzle, its a labyrinth with traps that have specific layouts and encounters you can learn. If OP or you wanna quit because of the LAB so be it, one less whinny player IMO.

The whole thing is blown way out of proportion because this game has in the last year put itself in a casual direction, now we have a large casual audience QQing that they cant kill their way thru the challenge and must actually learn to do something.

I don't have to support this game if they are pushovers on game design or if the direction the game is going isn't what the game was sold to me as early on. So while players can leave because the lab isn't what people want to play, players can also stop supporting if they deem the casual nature of the community manipulating the game and trying to turn it into a pile of shit is at hand as well.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info