Endless Hunger "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life" doesn't work with Ghost Reaver / ES

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Ghost Reaver makes life leech apply to ES instead. This inherently means that those leech effects are already not removed at full life (otherwise CI couldn't use GR). They're removed at full ES.

Endless Hunger only says it stops them being removed at full life (and with GR, they already aren't) it doesn't say anything about preventing them being removed at full ES.

Dead thread from months ago, but just learned of this interaction. I can understand that this interaction is intended, but really feel that just killed a huge amount of build interaction and flexibility with Ascendancies. I'm fine with Ascendancies being intended to help push newer players down a more streamlined and guided path, but really wish there was more flexibility outside of those boundaries and Slayer is one of them. It just loses so much potential with lil support for 1h, melee, or CI on top of Duelist's start location.

For example, was gonna have a friend go Windripper CI MF build (to pair with my LL Necro Aura Support) and take advantage of Slayer's 20% cull (great for parties in case someone has a different source of cull) and Stun Immunity (save an amulet slot). The build already gets punished hard by Duelist start location and the other Duelist Ascendancy points that offer it nothing (especially compared to other VERY strong Ascendancy options in Witch/Templar/Shadow), so Endless Hunger not working as a I hoped is just overkill and a huge buzz kill to my inner theory crafter trying to break molds. Instead I feel pushed down a linear choice-less path which is the complete opposite of what draws me to POE.

Maybe there's a CI interaction I'm not seeing that makes this have to be this way, but I feel like the issue lies elsewhere (ES in general) and Endless Hunger could be made to be a bit more broad in it's wording to make it appealing in a wider range of builds. IDK. Just needed somewhere to rant my disappointment.
At least, please show this info in the game('cant apply with GR'. etc). Otherwise, that would mislead beginners like me.
The info we get in game is : "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life".(nothing about the GR and ES)
And im doubting about the [melee physical damage on full life] gem now. Is that means, if i picked up GR and CI, the trigger of this gem depends on the ES????
If it is, that's a sad news for Bladeflurry.

"
Coronova wrote:
And im doubting about the [melee physical damage on full life] gem now. Is that means, if i picked up GR and CI, the trigger of this gem depends on the ES????

No, of course not. Just like Endless Hunger, MDoFL works based on Life, not ES, exactly as the description states.
I'm not arguing about logic here. I just have to say I'm sad it's interpreted/implemented/designed this way.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
And if you want something changed, this isn't the forum to do that in, hit the Feedback forum and post there.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Planned out what I thought would be an amazing duelist CI tree, then decided to make sure the notables and keystones were going to interact like I wanted them to, glad I found this thread with google.

Not bitching, not saying it's bugged, but wish some interactions were more clear in-game. Oh well.
Glad I found this thread too.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Glad I found this too.

However, just get vaal pact, ghost reaver and the regular vitality void and you're fine. Sure, you need to travel a bit through the east ranger side, however most builds go down towards the duelist area for master of the arena anyway.

Although, I need to spend 20 regrets now, oh well lol
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Feb 12, 2017, 4:26:34 PM
Just for clarity, here is the argument in a nutshell. Ghost Reaver effectively changes 3 variables of Endless Hunger.

"
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as (1)Life
Life Leech effects (2)are not removed at Full (3)Life

1=life/ES
2=are/are not
3=life/ES

Current implementation of GR changes the behavior of variables 1, 2, and 3 so that EH effectively reads like this:

"
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as (1)ES
Life Leech effects (2)are removed at Full (3)ES

However, there are 2 alternate interpretations:

"
Life Leech effects (2)are not removed at Full (3)life

"
Life Leech effects (2)are not removed at Full (3)ES

Both these options, whether changing variable 1, or variable 1+3, would allow EH to continue leeching. The un-intuitive part is the change to variable 2.
Last edited by i3igpete on Feb 13, 2017, 1:49:08 PM
"
i3igpete wrote:
Just for clarity, here is the argument in a nutshell. Ghost Reaver effectively changes 3 variables of Endless Hunger.

"
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as (1)Life
Life Leech effects (2)are not removed at Full (3)Life

1=life/ES
2=are/are not
3=life/ES

Current implementation of GR changes the behavior of variables 1, 2, and 3 so that EH effectively reads like this:

"
Life Leech effects (2)are removed at Full (3)ES

Incorrect. Endless Hunger continues to read “Life Leech effects are not removed at full Life”. What happens is that Ghost Reaver itself includes stats equivalent to “Life Leech effects are not removed at full Life” and “Life Leech effects are removed at full Energy Shield”, which makes Endless Hunger redundant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info